over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you had to pick one move for size...

bambambigalo

Registered
Which of the big three (deadlift-squat-bench) would you REALLY want to make sure you are absolutely strong at, purely for all over size gains?

I favor the deadlift just because it's my strongest. In my ef'd up opinion strength in these = size. Squat second, but only by default cuz the bench isnt too much of a whole body type move.

Squat by far for me. I suppose for the same reason that the OP picked deads, its my strongest lift. I think for most experienced lifters, the squat is the lift that you can handle the most weight. I think for that reason, squats should be the #1 exercise. heck, ive had my shoulders get really faigued and tired after doing really low rep squats. Squats seem to hit more muscle groups than deads for me at least.

I would pick deadlifts for size and strength as well.

DEADLIFT

I'm not "built to deadlift" but it's my strongest lift. I estimate that realistically I can now pull around 5 plates on either side for a heavy single.

I find that training the DL with singles has shot my training weights up considerably. Singles doesn't mean training with your max, I'm using around 80% or so. Some people who train this way rest about 30 seconds between each rep, but for now I'm only doing about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
If you are talking about actual mass size, the quadriceps and hamstrings would be the largest muscle group in the body....well who knows if thats still tru with some of these monsters on this board lol! So I would logicly have to go with squats. Gotta trash the wheels! Now for ALL over size gains outta the three i might have to go with deads....

Nothing I have done works overall musculature better than trap bar deadlifts.
I hope no one chooses bench as their one movement for size....
It's the one lift where you get to lay down while doing your work. I look forward to them because they are so relaxing compared to Squats, Deads, and standing MP.

Squat by far for me. I suppose for the same reason that the OP picked deads, its my strongest lift. I think for most experienced lifters, the squat is the lift that you can handle the most weight. I think for that reason, squats should be the #1 exercise. heck, ive had my shoulders get really faigued and tired after doing really low rep squats. Squats seem to hit more muscle groups than deads for me at least.

I used to think deadlifts... Now that I can handle some real weight on Squats I gotta agree that it fatigues every muscle in my body! I feel like I got ran over by a steam-roller every time I do them!!!

I used to think deadlifts... Now that I can handle some real weight on Squats I gotta agree that it fatigues every muscle in my body! I feel like I got ran over by a steam-roller every time I do them!!!

Yes. I think for when you first get started the first few years deadlifts rule, but once you get the movement down the squat takes over.

Squats recruit most overall muscle fiber in tha lab- fact. Im talking heavy. "If I were on a desert island and could pick from one exercise it would be the squat!" Squat (proper form) = king of all exercises. I believe if you onlysquatted your entire body would grow.

This is great. I'm so damn happy nobody picked bench yet lol

trapbar deads though because I feel they hit the whole body more than regular deads

Last edited:
This is great. I'm so damn happy nobody picked bench yet lol

But.....you know ya got a good bench workout when ya stabilize and push through your legs tighten your glutes (never leaving bench) and your legs are sore from a heavy bench day. When I get lazy on my squats my bench goes down and the other way around! Your body and CNS will fall on its weakest link. Sadly, or not I can bench 6 raw and squat 6 raw and dead 6 raw. Usually that squat is bigger but I got that bench! Those are singles btw.

awesome scenario!

i pick deadlift!!!! so basic and primal that has to be it, the secret lol.

oh yea i think prison gangs should be doing olympic events, and instead of bad gangs, they can be simply, deadlift, squats or bench gangs to choose from,,,and every 3 months one best from each gang fights in the thunderdome to deaht,,,much more fun and it may catch on hahahhaha. then we will know for sure which is the best for strength.

I would pick Bench Presses.

Because i Like Delts,Tricep and Chest muscles Alot.

squats all the way...the times i've made the most overall gains are also the times my strength on squat has increased substantially

I've went back-and-forth between deads and squats for years...lol.

Right now i'm going with deads...from my personal experiences:)

BMJ

I will go with deads. But cant really go to heavy anymore as I have a weak lower back. Be careful with deads they can cause problems for your lower back if your form is bad but so can squats.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws