advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you were prepping on only fish as your protein source?

I thought switching off to fish only the last 5-6 weeks might have me better conditioned. Or at least if not all fish 75% due to cost.

There are many, many variables in contest prep but you certainly don't need to switch to fish (the only fish I eat is salmon maybe 2 or 3 times per week).

I understand the cost thing though (you must live somewhere where it's cheap, as around me there are certainly less expensive protein sources).

if you don't like Tilapia you are doing it wrong...the only flavor it has is what you do to it

Yeah I stick to chicken because at under 2 dollars a lb its about the cheapest protein source. Usually cheaper than tuna if u calculate per lb cost.

We tend to blindly follow "traditional" bodybuilding protocols. The pre contest fish being one of them. I love fish, I think my body processes it well but when I can get 3x as much protein using chicken, I look at it as lasting me 3x longer on the same dollar.

If spending the extra money on fish I would try to stick to wild caught variants. This is the same concept as eating orgamic grass fed beef. Wikd caught is on natural diets. Tilapia and swai are a little cheaper but are shit farm raised in China mostly.

I used a lot of Swai during peak week because a 4oz fillet had 600mg of sodium. It's like McDonalds of fish. Helped keep sodium extra high.

Tilapia tastes very good to me but its another farmed china shit fish.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
I love me some old bay tilapia... or old bay salmon... or old bay any fish... or old bay anything :headbang:

i have been eating talapia 8oz twice a day for 2 years straight. the main thing i found with fish is throw old bay on it in the oven 12 minutes and bam protein source done for 3 days....but let me say i eat 98% lean ground beef everynight.

44 years old 6'1 225 6%BF no i'm not a bodybuilder and weight lifting is just my hobby...

all i can say to help you is make your cooking quick and easy... i'm lazy and chicken takes too dam long....

also, i get these protein sources everyday egg whites, fish, 98% ground beef i whey isolate one shake a day (tire of supp companys getting my hard earned cash)..carb sources that work best for me are sweet potatoes, oatmeal/blueberries, jasmine rice. my body processes them well my muscles stay full...

as for offseason i add more to these meals, and go up in weight but stay fairly lean if that makes sense to you... Yes i was one of those guys who ate like a pig in the offseason and called it bulking phase learned the hard to not do that anymore....it's consistency and time that transforms you!

here's the best 50mg of HG prop mon wed and friday.... If i was venture out 1g test and deca ...etc i could easy hit 275lbs been there done that never i will never be a pro and enjoy life...

soory to you guys for the long post just been one of those nights....

Last edited:
Your body/diet needs different source of Protein not just fish.

In the early days of me being a teen and in my early 20's., I'd drop red meat and chicken by the advice of my trainer at the time. I felt awful. I didn't drop fat any faster. I just got weaker in the gym and felt hungry all the time. Macros were equal.

On Jay cutler's last videos on MD, he mentioned that he is only eating fish because it had to do something with his waist

In the early days of me being a teen and in my early 20's., I'd drop red meat and chicken by the advice of my trainer at the time. I felt awful. I didn't drop fat any faster. I just got weaker in the gym and felt hungry all the time. Macros were equal.

How did you become weaker without the Meat etc if you were eating carbs and fats?

i've seen where some have posted and ask why would you eat only fish for your prep, i myself did this a few years ago for my prep. My reason was i have a friend who would bring me all the red snapper i wanted [ and other fish he caught] and money was tight so i figured what the hell, i'll eat just fish and save money. For me it flattened me out to the point i felt like i was loosing muscle like crazy. I still eat some fish during prep but i also keep in turkey and chicken [don't eat much red meat just doesn't sit well on my stomach] and seem to do much better.

On Jay cutler's last videos on MD, he mentioned that he is only eating fish because it had to do something with his waist

Ignore diet advice from most ifbb pros ....whatever they do will work and they have no actual knowledge as to why it worked

Fish and Flavour

One good thing about fish is all you need is Salt n Pepper and Lemon juice. No carbs there. I find it pretty hard to keep chomping down Chicken without BBQ sauce.

Lemon juice is also good for water retention unlike BBQ sauce.

I love Blue Cod, Blue Warehou, Tarakihi, Snapper, Grouper, Kingfish, Tuna Steaks, Crayfish, Salmon and lots more. Fresh fish is expensive here tho much more than chicken and steak but its all wild and organic and tasty.

I like salmon and shrimp. I eat a lot of talipia, just because it's easier to get at the store. I grew up eating salmon and trout in Seattle. There is a lot of Mahi Mahi here in Tampa, but it's not my favorite.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws