advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you weren't training what other hobby would you put all your energy into?

My three favorite hobbies are as follows bow hunting, fishing, gym. In that exact order. I cant just spend all my free time in the gym, it would be counter productive.

I'm heavy into following professional sports and still play some recreationally. I'd like to get into volunteering, giving back to society more so to speak, but I'm not sure where to start. I work full-time and have a reputable business I run on the side, so there's not a whole lot of time for leisure. But I can always MAKE time if I find something I can get behind 100%.

Competitive paintball. I used to play frequently, but haven't been in years.

I used to race motocross, but I got tired of injuries and I got to the point where competition was so serious, training and riding became like a job.

All of the other hobbies I like, I still do..... mini bikes, project cars, playing with my dogs, traveling, 4 wheeling, hiking, going to games (baseball, hockey, football), hanging with good friends, snowboarding.
I snowboard as much as I can. Last season was the best ever, I am self employed and would take the day off every time snow fell the day before. I must have had a dozen sunny days up there with fresh powder laid down the day before. I'd go by myself, with whoever was going, or on the ski bus.
I haven't been so passionate about something since my early motocross days.

I have a 5 acre property that I have began setting up as my little hobby compound. I'm building a mini-bike track, and I have some RC car jumps set up. I have some big mounds out in the field for 4 wheeling my Blazer.

I have an outdoor weight room, just an overhang to keep everything from getting soaked. I love training outdoors. My plates are all rusted, but it is awesome to be out there on a nice day as opposed to being in a gym.
My buddy and I are going to make some strong man equipment and start doing some of that soon.

My dream for my property was to set up a dog rescue facility. I rescued three dogs over the course of a few months, but ended up loving them so much that I kept them as my family pets :)
I did end up rescuing three horses too, but they are much more costly to keep. I take in any animal that someone brings me, so that is how I ended up with the horses. My plans are for it to be completely for dogs since I enjoy working with them.
Someday I hope to set up a non profit and have a legitimate dog foster home though. I love dogs and have always wanted to make a difference.

My wife loves all the animals too, so it has been very cool having this place to keep them.
We are getting chickens next week.... finally i'll have a constant supply of legit free range eggs!

Last edited:
I played sports all teh way up to age 23 or so, mostly football, soccer and baseball. I tried to get back into soccer last Summer and ended up with a torn hamstring. Now I feel it if I even try to run. SO I think Ill stick to the weights, maybe try baseball. I am def getting back into golfing more too now.

Another one would be downhill mountain biking. I live near the mountains where tons of trails and terrain parks for it. I used to be a competitive BMX racer and that stuff looks pretty fun. Never too late but at my size right now Im not going to even think about it until Im done in this endeavor. Plus the bike I want is close to 5k.

If I ever stop training and racing I would spend my time volunteering with disabled children.

Cooking, baking. I'd still get plenty of exercise with a copious amount of fork to mouth pulls :p

**broken link removed**

Spearfishing... Sometimes I really miss it... It is a great sport, but I live about 400km from see, so I can dive only in summer time.
You have to run, and swim every day to keep the lungs expanded.

But, powerlifting is all year sport. :D

I would like to try racing

24 Hours of Lemons - Home Page

I have a friend that did this one year. I think I may speak to him about joining up with him. You buy an old car and spend no more than $500 on it then race it. You can spend about as much as you want though on safety equipment. 24 hour long race. He had a great time.

**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**Firearms and shooting. Well I have been buying quite a few guns lately, so training is second...

Layin bricks and making plates in prison. Or licking the padded walls and scratching my balls with my toes with that canvas jacket on. Really.

Drag racing. Love it, just so damn expensive

Formula One Racing! Love the speed and thrills! :headbang:

Writing...my summer project will be to write a book on getting shredded.

Drag racing. Love it, just so damn expensive

Just buying the tires is expensive isnt it? Ive never drag raced myself but I have gone to see some. I dont think those tires last too long do they? What does a good set of slicks run now? The cost of rubber is crazy these days, it wasnt like that back in the 80s.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws