advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If your training is hard enough is cardio needed?

comedycentral

Registered
if your weights routine is hard enough i.e. im currently running full bodies as part of my training then is cardio for cv health required??

for example today i did squats dips chins along with a couple of other bits just over an hour and i was blowing out my arse.

surely cardio other than low intensity stuff isnt required is it??

If you get your heart rate pounding real hard from lifting, that's cardio.

if your weights routine is hard enough i.e. im currently running full bodies as part of my training then is cardio for cv health required??

for example today i did squats dips chins along with a couple of other bits just over an hour and i was blowing out my arse.

If your gut is sitting in your lap then yes.

i suppose if you catch your breath and your heart rate comes down in between sets then it is not a sustained rate over the whole hour. maybe in that sense it is not true cardio. in my opinion though if you train your body with weights, your heart is getting stronger too.

I think having a good diet and controlling stress is far more beneficial than doing strictly cardio for heart health.

If you get your heart rate pounding real hard from lifting, that's cardio.

There is a lot of denial going on here! Everyone hates cardio and wants to rationalize why they don't need to do it.

You NEED extended moderate intensity cardio if you want good cardiovascular health. You will not see lowered BP from intense weight training, even if your heart rate is elevated nearly all the time. Also, you will not see the lipid benefits of cardio from weight training. Finally, and probably most importantly for a lot of people here, you will not see lowered hematocrit from weight training, however cardio will significantly lower your hematocrit...

it is highly overrated....
-JS

Finally, and probably most importantly for a lot of people here, you will not see lowered hematocrit from weight training, however cardio will significantly lower your hematocrit...

I hoped that would help me, but it did not. I do about 50 mins a day of cardio on the treadmill each day and my hematocrit was not lowered at all. I did that for about 4 months too before having my CBC done. So for some reason it doesnt work that way for everyone.

I highly believe it's based on the person. No one reacts to same compounds, or work outs the same. I personally don't do cardio very often, and I'm still able to cut down easily enough. Every once and awhile if I'm feeling stiff I'll hop onto the treadmill for a light job or brisk walk-to loosen the muscles up.

Very interesting and good to know. I do like a 'six minute cool down' cardio session just to clear the lactic acid, but twenty minutes? not gonna happen.

LOL! From reading this site, I think I'm one of the rare few that actually likes cardio. It clears my mind, helps me to figure out some of the myriad things that puzzle me or I just lose myself in some good music.

LOL! From reading this site, I think I'm one of the rare few that actually likes cardio. It clears my mind, helps me to figure out some of the myriad things that puzzle me or I just lose myself in some good music.

True true, I'm just greedy for gains and doing extra cardio above recreational stuff just seems like too much of a burden on the my own recovery ability.
Hiking, biking, swimming, boning, jogging, kayaking, etc. ,all awesome cardios.

I just blew 40 minutes browsing pm and doing cardio like it was nothing.

i think it depends on the person,,,if your lean as fuck without cardio you dont need to do it,,,if you cant get lean without cardio then you need to do it. for me if i dont do cardio im a fatass, i dont care how clean and perfect my diet is. no cardio for me = fatass.

Depends. If your already pretty lean then no, weights will be enough. If your packing fat then you'll need to do more intense excersise to reap rewards.

it is highly overrated....
-JS

Js,

Didnt you have chronic bp, hematocrit and some other health issues? Kidney too I believe. Do you think cardio would have helped your bp at all? I ask because adding in fasted cardio has helped me lower mine substantially while keepinf my bp meds constant.

Also, do you mean its overrates for fat loss or for cardio health?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I purely mean for health not to get lean

If this is your primary goal, then there's no doubt cardio has its benefits. Fat loss with minimal LBM loss? Maybe there are better options relying solely on diet/training, but you have to really be dialed in with diet and/or use fat burners to achieve the desired look from my experience.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws