over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Pro Mike Wheels Shares Details Of Heart Damage Caused By Steroid Abuse

Dugbet

Most Useless Member
Registered
Newbies
“Not every trainer has your best interests, and that is where I kind of fell into that pool. I was with a coach at the time, I’m not going to drop any names, you guys will figure it out pretty quickly, but doing an obscene amount of insulin, and that for me, was definitely the trigger that put my heart overboard,” Mike Wheels said.

“For bodybuilders, guys if your coach has you taking 30, 40, 50 IUs of insulin a day, he’s not for you. In fact, he’s not for anybody and he actually shouldn’t be allowed to train people,” Wheels said.

“You have to make sure that when you’re with somebody you can’t just do what they say necessarily. Ask questions and do your own research… It’s pretty easy to say ‘Okay I’m hiring this guy for a reason. Obviously I’m going outside my comfort zone but I’m going to give this a run,’ and that’s what my thought process was…

“Make sure, when you’re hiring a coach or if you’re with a coach and you’re questioning his best interest for you, that you ask questions. If he doesn’t like that you ask questions, you f—king dump his ass because that’s bulls—t,” Wheels added

“Do your research, steroid.com is always a good source. If you decide to take this path, and your coach is helping you, ask questions. Please, for yourself, for your family, and for your health down the road. I know when you guys are young you think you’re invincible, I did too,” he said.

As a result of the decisions he made, Mike Wheels explains that he has likely suffered permanent damage to his heart. He just wants to make sure that he does his best to stop others from making the same mistakes as he did.

can someone explain to me how dose insulin dosages should lead to heart damage if one takes in appropriate amounts of carbs with them?
and i dont know what he has exactly but since he didnt have an infarct or something like this (atleast he doesnt say) i assume that he had something like an echo and the doctors told him enlargment and reduced EF.
From personal experience, if these are his issues and it was diagnosed during a blast, i am 99% sure he will recover. I had the same issues in 2016 or 2017 (EF down to mid 30 etc.) and it was reversed to mid 50s during 3 months after going back to trt dosages, getting bp under control (which got a bit high, around 150/95) and getting rid of water retention (and i had quite a bit, lost something like 7 kgs in 2 days)

I don't want to be rude but this is classic bullshit. Wise after the injury, he suddenly became healthy and warns others. How would he not know what bodybuilding believes and that it has nothing to do with health - if you are more lucky it will affect you less.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to do with it, but I hate this kind of talk. This is the price of being above average. There is nothing in life for free, and he writes as if he didn't realize it before.

I don't want to be rude but this is classic bullshit. Wise after the injury, he suddenly became healthy and warns others. How would he not know what bodybuilding believes and that it has nothing to do with health - if you are more lucky it will affect you less.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to do with it, but I hate this kind of talk. This is the price of being above average. There is nothing in life for free, and he writes as if he didn't realize it before.
agreed.
it is a bit poor to blame the coach. He gives you a protocol. YOU can still inform yourself and see if it is somewhat moderat or completely out of ones mind. It is also YOU that injects the stuff. The coach doesnt ram a needle in your ass..

Knowing his dosages of other compounds I somehow doubt it was the insulin that gave him issues.
Maybe due to the rapid increase of bodyweight? But agree that the steroids were likely the biggest culprit.

I agree. In addition, we all have our brains and we make our own decisions.

Maybe due to the rapid increase of bodyweight? But agree that the steroids were likely the biggest culprit.

I know the dosages he used and I dont think 50ius of insulin is what caused damage.

I know the dosages he used and I dont think 50ius of insulin is what caused damage.
He actually said the dosage of AAS that were given by this coach were not extreme at all.
The coach is Milo's and I know that his cycles are not outrageous, many people here take more than some of Milo's cycle.

The insulin? I HAVE NEVER HAD A COACH RECOMMEND ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THAT MUCH INSULIN.
I have worked with Justin Harris, George Farah, Shelby Starnes, John Meadows, Scooby prep, Alex Kikel, John Robson (UK).

He actually said the dosage of AAS that were given by this coach were not extreme at all.
The coach is Milo's and I know that his cycles are not outrageous, many people here take more than some of Milo's cycle.

The insulin? I HAVE NEVER HAD A COACH RECOMMEND ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THAT MUCH INSULIN.
I have worked with Justin Harris, George Farah, Shelby Starnes, John Meadows, Scooby prep, Alex Kikel, John Robson (UK).

Didn't Mike Arnold recommend really high days with Lantus? Not saying it's bad but 50iu of Humalog doesn't sound extreme at all to me with twice daily Milos workouts. Is this really extreme? I saw some Alex Kikel Q&A and I think he said you can safely do 20-30iu daily from the start of your career to the end. Did I mishear? Quite possible, but I figure you would know.

I don't know what exactly happened with this pro but like others I kind of doubt the insulin is to blame here. Yes the bloat it can give can worsen heart conditions further but I highly doubt insulin is the biggest danger to the heart.
How would the insulin specifically cause heart damage?

Like others have said he should've known BB is dangerous. Milos has said many times that if you want safe go take up something else, BB is extreme.

I wouldn't just chalk up his health issues to the use of insulin. We all know that pro bodybuilders can use a lot of gear. Even if Milos' cycles are moderate, I'm sure they are not just 500mg test/week. Also, how often this guy stayed on versus off as well as genetics can and will affect one's health in a more or in a less detrimental way. In the end, I don't think you can say it was just the insulin that caused all his heart problems. It's probably a combination of many factors. I'm not sure how heavy this guy is, but I'm sure he is not 200 pounds. Carrying all that body weight (does not truly matter if it is all muscle) can also end up messing one's health.

Didn't Mike Arnold recommend really high days with Lantus? Not saying it's bad but 50iu of Humalog doesn't sound extreme at all to me with twice daily Milos workouts. Is this really extreme? I saw some Alex Kikel Q&A and I think he said you can safely do 20-30iu daily from the start of your career to the end. Did I mishear? Quite possible, but I figure you would know.

I don't know what exactly happened with this pro but like others I kind of doubt the insulin is to blame here. Yes the bloat it can give can worsen heart conditions further but I highly doubt insulin is the biggest danger to the heart.
How would the insulin specifically cause heart damage?

Like others have said he should've known BB is dangerous. Milos has said many times that if you want safe go take up something else, BB is extreme.
I would speculate that the huge rapid jump in bodyweight from massive food and 50iu of insulin contributed to heart problems.

You are correct, bodybuilding is an extreme sport, my only problem with some of these guys is going from 0 to 100 with a lot of things, that is an extreme that will place you in the danger zone very quickly. When your Bumstead size and doing Big Ramy protocols it isn't going to end well for you.

obscene amount of insulin.

“For bodybuilders, guys if your coach has you taking 30, 40, 50 IUs of insulin a day, he’s not for you. In fact, he’s not for anybody and he actually shouldn’t be allowed to train people,” Wheels said.

“Do your research, steroid.com is always a good source.[/URL]

Obscene amount of insulin? Even at 30iu a day? Does not compute.

Obscene to me would be doing 300iu, or 10x as much, as some no doubt have done. A member said a few years back that that tge Oxygen gym protocols were very high Lantus along with the short acting. A diabetic I know, a thin guy in great shape, does 15-17iu Lantus twice daily and maybe 30iu of Novolog per day at meals. So 30iu wouldn't really put you above physiological range.

Damn good gains in 7 years. Screenshot_20210424-105822_Instagram.jpg

I'd be interested to see his bloodwork 2-4x a year for the past 10-15 years as well as what his blood pressure was on a weekly basis over those years.

I'm guessing that's where the damage lies.

I'd be interested to see his bloodwork 2-4x a year for the past 10-15 years as well as what his blood pressure was on a weekly basis over those years.

I'm guessing that's where the damage lies.

Reno the problem is that this guy sounds like someone who didn't do blood work or monitor BP! I could be wrong but his post reminds me of someone who went at it blindly without any precautions, like BP monitoring, blood work, etc., finds out he has a problem and then has a revelation about the dangers of long term abuse. I hope the man recovers but if that is the case, just dumb...plain ol' dumb!!

Reno the problem is that this guy sounds like someone who didn't do blood work or monitor BP! I could be wrong but his post reminds me of someone who went at it blindly without any precautions, like BP monitoring, blood work, etc., finds out he has a problem and then has a revelation about the dangers of long term abuse. I hope the man recovers but if that is the case, just dumb...plain ol' dumb!!
The question to me though is, how many guys are just like him? What % of young bodybuilders don't monitor their health much at all. I don't see anything wrong with him trying to warn those people. I'm going to guess the majority of guys are very lax with health, over 50%. Heck, a lot of young bodybuilders never or rarely do cardio. It seems like older guys have learned not to be like that.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear