over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Pro Mike Wheels Shares Details Of Heart Damage Caused By Steroid Abuse

[/QUOTE]
I know Chad Nicholls claims insulin stops working at all very quickly, so he recommends it only at a low dose a few times a week. I don't think it stops working quickly where you just have to keep escalating dose. If it was true diabetics would quickly die.
And WHY does insulin stop working or you need to keep increasing the dosage??? 😊 (is it insulin resistance)

And WHY does insulin stop working or you need to keep increasing the dosage??? 😊 (is it insulin resistance)
[/QUOTE]
Don't know how this pans out long term but in this study.....

The problem is that we keep getting caught with the words, "stop working."
What does that even mean? The insulin hasn't "stopped working" in our bodies....we just can't feel it and in reality, "feeling hypo" is the most dangerous was the know if your insulin is working. Shoot 5iu or shoot 12iu, insulin is working in your body.
We all just chase that feeling of kind of wanting to feel hypo, as if it flips a switch in our head of, "oh ok, now i knoowww."
Shitty way in my opinion. Yes, we can continue to tick up the dosage, that is true. But diabetics don't tick up their dosage to feel it. They monitor their blood. If any regular amount of insulin immediately made is resistant and stopped working, diabetics would be taking MASSIVE amounts of insulin a day as their resistance would keep continuing to sore nonstop. And that isn't the case.

Insulin is the most misunderstood topic in bodybuilding - more than exotic PEDs, more than DNP, more than anything, and that goes from average gym rats all the way to famous coaches. I really don't understand why it's like that, it's not a hard concept to understand.

Haven't watched it, but here is Mike's inerview with Nick Trigili

Haven't watched it, but here is Mike's inerview with Nick Trigili

Well...he has cardiomyopathy by his own words. I don't think he even had a heart attack listening to what he stated.

So as a timeline:

From 2013-2017 he worked with a coach, forgot the name. He mentioned that he had used high doses of anabolics later in the interview, prior to hiring Milos. He didn't state the amounts, so i'm not sure what 'high' is to him. Also had used HGH and insulin prior to Milos, though not as much insulin...think he said 5-12iu.

He started with Milos in 2017 and did a few shows. He was always on insulin for most of the time. He did a few shows with milos and came in not well conditioned while chasing the size game quickly. Each show with Milos, the insulin dosages were lower and lower after complaining about them, and then eventually the last show with Milos he did not use insulin at all. He stopped using Milos in 2018! He said Milos had him on low dosages of AAS, but I don't think he ever mentioned how much that was. So he was with Milos about a year.

So he stated after leaving Milos in 2018, that he took a year break and didn't take insulin, and that includes AAS per him, but he also mentioned he was still cruising. He mentioned that his lipids were normal on his bloodwork, and ECG testing showed his heart was normal....."but it was weak." This was all pre- "heart attack." He mentioned that the "weakness" wasn't found at first, but later on.

In 2019 he didn't compete because he said he had shoulder surgery.

In 2020, he started working with Patrick for about 5 months. Patrick had him on "5iu HGH + 5iu insulin + minimal AAS." He mentioned that Patrick wanted him to take GHRP-2, and when he did, he had an allergic reaction to it and fainted. The paramedics came and took him in to the hospital. Most of the testing came back fine, and they diagnosed him having an allergic reaction to the GHRp-2, but they also caught that his ejection fraction was super low and they diagnosed him with cardiomyopathy, not a heart attack. His ejection fraction was at 15-20%. This was in Feb 2020....so last year.

He then said the anabolics played a role, but still blamed it mostly on insulin. Also new it could have been from the high weight gain.

He mentioned later on....unbelievably, that if he gets his ejection fraction back up to normal, like 50-75% he may try and compete again. He is at 45% right now. He mentioned that bodybuilding is his life and wants to compete again, but not if it means him dying. Somebody needs to sit his ass down NOW, and give him the talk about not competing again. I think somebody like John Meadows could be a positive voice for him to listen to....as an example, as well as a medical doctor. He needs to quit, and not compete again. He mentioned that the last 6 months it has not improved from 45%.

He said he could use gear safely and compete.....not sure what doses he considers safe. He mentioned that Chris Bumstead "only takes 750mg" and it sounded like he assumed it was a safe dosage. He also mentioned if he cannot go 100%, he will not compete again just to use low doses and come in looking like crap.

He mentioned using 4-6iu HGH in the past for off-season, and went up to 9iu hgh during prep.

He said he used high amounts of gear in the past prior to Milos...but didn't state the amounts.

He had BP issues and was taking meds.

He had sleep apnea as well.

He states he is still training "like a horse" 3 hours a day.

He is on 250mg/wk of test.

He is taking Entresto right now for the cardiomyopathy....along with supp's.

Well...he has cardiomyopathy by his own words. I don't think he even had a heart attack listening to what he stated.

So as a timeline:

From 2013-2017 he worked with a coach, forgot the name. He mentioned that he had used high doses of anabolics later in the interview, prior to hiring Milos. He didn't state the amounts, so i'm not sure what 'high' is to him. Also had used HGH and insulin prior to Milos, though not as much insulin...think he said 5-12iu.

He started with Milos in 2017 and did a few shows. He was always on insulin for most of the time. He did a few shows with milos and came in not well conditioned while chasing the size game quickly. Each show with Milos, the insulin dosages were lower and lower after complaining about them, and then eventually the last show with Milos he did not use insulin at all. He stopped using Milos in 2018! He said Milos had him on low dosages of AAS, but I don't think he ever mentioned how much that was. So he was with Milos about a year.

So he stated after leaving Milos in 2018, that he took a year break and didn't take insulin, and that includes AAS per him, but he also mentioned he was still cruising. He mentioned that his lipids were normal on his bloodwork, and ECG testing showed his heart was normal....."but it was weak." This was all pre- "heart attack." He mentioned that the "weakness" wasn't found at first, but later on.

In 2019 he didn't compete because he said he had shoulder surgery.

In 2020, he started working with Patrick for about 5 months. Patrick had him on "5iu HGH + 5iu insulin + minimal AAS." He mentioned that Patrick wanted him to take GHRP-2, and when he did, he had an allergic reaction to it and fainted. The paramedics came and took him in to the hospital. Most of the testing came back fine, and they diagnosed him having an allergic reaction to the GHRp-2, but they also caught that his ejection fraction was super low and they diagnosed him with cardiomyopathy, not a heart attack. His ejection fraction was at 15-20%. This was in Feb 2020....so last year.

He then said the anabolics played a role, but still blamed it mostly on insulin. Also new it could have been from the high weight gain.

He mentioned later on....unbelievably, that if he gets his ejection fraction back up to normal, like 50-75% he may try and compete again. He is at 45% right now. He mentioned that bodybuilding is his life and wants to compete again, but not if it means him dying. Somebody needs to sit his ass down NOW, and give him the talk about not competing again. I think somebody like John Meadows could be a positive voice for him to listen to....as an example, as well as a medical doctor. He needs to quit, and not compete again. He mentioned that the last 6 months it has not improved from 45%.

He said he could use gear safely and compete.....not sure what doses he considers safe. He mentioned that Chris Bumstead "only takes 750mg" and it sounded like he assumed it was a safe dosage. He also mentioned if he cannot go 100%, he will not compete again just to use low doses and come in looking like crap.

He mentioned using 4-6iu HGH in the past for off-season, and went up to 9iu hgh during prep.

He said he used high amounts of gear in the past prior to Milos...but didn't state the amounts.

He had BP issues and was taking meds.

He had sleep apnea as well.

He states he is still training "like a horse" 3 hours a day.

He is on 250mg/wk of test.

He is taking Entresto right now for the cardiomyopathy....along with supp's.
If the EF drops down to 35% or less he will definitely need a defibrillator. The guy is playing with fire. I had a similar experience where my EF got down to about 35% once and I got off all steroids/PEDs for 1 year. My EF got back up to between 55 and 60%. So what did I do? I went back on again. i blamed my cardiomyopathy on a virus I had in the past. I was never taking huge amounts of steroids at the time either and no GH/slin. I would do the time on = time off cycle too.

just gonna throw it out there... Milos himself has done TONS of CRAZY insulin and gh protocols.
he had/has a tight waist and no heart probs we know of.
just saying.
maybe genetics etc... i dunno...
-F

This is why it’s very important to stay on top of getting blood work done , ekg, echos, stress test etc

The way I see it, he looks like an poor guy wanting to attract attention.

His health problem doesn't seem too serious, and he's blaming Milos and slin for no apparent or logical reason.

Also, he has conflicting wishes or feelings about what he wants to do.

If the EF drops down to 35% or less he will definitely need a defibrillator. The guy is playing with fire. I had a similar experience where my EF got down to about 35% once and I got off all steroids/PEDs for 1 year. My EF got back up to between 55 and 60%. So what did I do? I went back on again. i blamed my cardiomyopathy on a virus I had in the past. I was never taking huge amounts of steroids at the time either and no GH/slin. I would do the time on = time off cycle too.
as ive already said in my first post here. In my opinion, EF is a "snapshot". It shows the ejection fraction for exactly one moment.
I can tell you from my experience 2014 or 2015. I was young, fucking dumb and took a shitload of transdermal trest from Olympus Labs back then (the "supplement" which was widely available OTC). I also took it for way too long, i think ive used it for 16 weeks or something like that. I was a fucking bloated mess, estrogen was skyhigh and i had so much water in my body. in my last week, i couldnt even walk a very low uphill without requiring around 3 breaks to catch breath. I had a blood pressure of 170-190/90-105.
Ejection Fraction back then was down to 37%.
Went off and got my BP back under control and had a follow up meeting within 3 weeks of the first meeting. The doc couldnt believe what he saw. Same machine, same measurement and EF came back at 48%.
And i am pretty sure the 50iu inslin is not the problem. Diabetcs use way more and 50iu a day isnt even excessive, there are guys out their using 100iu lantus first thing in the morning for very long periods.
The problem is always the same: uncontrolled BP due to different reasons (estrogen, androgens,...), immense water retention which is hard on the heart, .. and as he said he is guilty of some of those issues..

With all due respect to this gentlemen it sounds like he doesn't have a great handle or understanding about his own health or his health history. Some of us take for granted what we know. I work in healthcare (as many of you) so live and breathe it daily and the rest of you generally do a ton of research and self taught more than most people would ever dream to understand.

My point is listening to him speak I don't think he is communicating his overall situation very well because he doesn't know it, doesn't understand it, is purposely naïve to it, or has an agenda (the agenda doesn't have to be malicious but we often want to "blame" something for a poor outcome and close our eyes to other causes).

The way I see it, he looks like an poor guy wanting to attract attention.

His health problem doesn't seem too serious, and he's blaming Milos and slin for no apparent or logical reason.

Also, he has conflicting wishes or feelings about what he wants to do.

It doesn't?

It doesn't?

He is handling the idea of going back to competing and getting the pro card, therefore ... I mean, Bostyn's heath problem seems much more serious and the boy has not made a drama.

It doesn't?
Well, according to him he already recovered from low 20's to high 40's EF.
High 40's is nothing to really worry about imo.. (it is not very good but it is no number that requires urgent action apart from medication like ARBs)

High 40's is nothing to really worry about imo.. (it is not very good but it is no number that requires urgent action apart from medication like ARBs)
40% is just 5% higher than the value doctors recommend their patients get a defibrillator implanted. That's not serious!? At an ef of 35% or less the risk of sudden cardiac death from arrhythmia goes way up. If someone is stuck at 35 or lower for 3 months or more while under treatment and no improvement is seen, then an ICD is called for.

He is handling the idea of going back to competing and getting the pro card, therefore ... I mean, Bostyn's heath problem seems much more serious and the boy has not made a drama.

Once again, I'll refer everyone to our member/former member (RIP) Chris250 (Chris Genkinger). He competed at the USA and was on that level. He had high BP, never did anything about it and was finally diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. He stopped "things" and his ejection fraction went back up to a level that was normal/sub-normal...still had cardiomyopathy. He decided, like this guy, that he could get back to competing but would tone things down. He did just that and died of a heart attack leaving behind a wife and young daughter.

Here's the thread Chris250 made about his heart issues... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/in-the-hospital-for-the-weekend.58782/

For those that won't take the time to read through it...
look at his initial post on page 1
Then page 3 post# 59
Then page 6 post# 102 and # 109

Once again, I'll refer everyone to our member/former member (RIP) Chris250 (Chris Genkinger). He competed at the USA and was on that level. He had high BP, never did anything about it and was finally diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. He stopped "things" and his ejection fraction went back up to a level that was normal/sub-normal...still had cardiomyopathy. He decided, like this guy, that he could get back to competing but would tone things down. He did just that and died of a heart attack leaving behind a wife and young daughter.

Here's the thread Chris250 made about his heart issues... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/in-the-hospital-for-the-weekend.58782/

For those that won't take the time to read through it...
look at his initial post on page 1
Then page 3 post# 59
Then page 6 post# 102 and # 109
I did the same thing and had a heart attack. My ef went from 35% to 55% and I went back to things at a lower level. Still had a heart attack.im lucky to be alive.

40% is just 5% higher than the value doctors recommend their patients get a defibrillator implanted. That's not serious!? At an ef of 35% or less the risk of sudden cardiac death from arrhythmia goes way up. If someone is stuck at 35 or lower for 3 months or more while under treatment and no improvement is seen, then an ICD is called for.

i think you misread my post.
"High 40's" means 47-49.
I am not talking about 40 here.

and didnt you have some kind of clotting disorder?
lets not bring different things together now.

And Bio. I nowhere in this thred see that his EF went back up. On page 3 he was diagnosed with 35%, page 6 says 25%.
Where is the follow up where he got diagnosed with higher values?

i think you misread my post.
"High 40's" means 47-49.
I am not talking about 40 here.
What's going to happen to him when he tries to continue to compete? Chance things will up back down again? Any time there is a decrease in heart function it should be of concern. Something is wrong. A normal EF for a healthy person that exercises should be up around at least 60% or so. A bit like having a tumor in your liver but not being concerned because you had surgery and they think they got it all. What caused the problem? If the cause is still there then it probably will come back.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear