over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IGF-1 analogue mecasermin boosts athletes' endurance capacity

NY Beast

Registered
Medical doses of the IGF-1 variant mecasermin rinfabate have no effect on athletes' muscle and fat mass, but do result in increased endurance capacity. Endocrinologists at the University of Southampton in England discovered this when they gave recreational athletes this IGF-1 complex for 28 days. The researchers think it's time for the WADA to develop a doping test for mecasermin rinfabate.

IGF-1 has become as normal as growth hormone and testosterone in elite circles of chemical athletes. These athletes usually use slightly tweaked versions of IGF-1. These are less quickly neutralised by enzymes and transport proteins than ordinary IGF-1, which disappears in a flash out of the bloodstream after it has been injected.

The inventors of the preparation that the researchers used found another solution for this problem: they attached the IGF-1 molecule to the transport protein IGFBP-3. IGFBP-3 protects IGF-1 against attacks from enzymes and releases the hormone gradually. As a result, users only have to inject it once a day, and, unlike IGF-1, the IGF1-IGFBP-3 complex has no dramatic effects on glucose levels.

The researchers used Iplex, manufactured by Insmed. At the start of this century Insmed funded studies on IGF-1-IGFBP-3, but decided to halt production in 2009. [biospace.com 7/27/2009.] The researchers seem to have used preparations that Insmed had stored in the deep freeze.

Mecasermin rinafabate is still on the market, under the name of Increlex, manufactured by Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals.

The researchers gave 56 recreational athletes, all of whom did intensive training at least twice a week, daily injections containing 30 or 60 mg IGF-1-IGFBP-3 for 28 days. During this period the subjects' bodyweight, lean body mass and fat mass did not change.

The researchers also added the proviso that they had used medical doses and that they didn't know what effects such high doses might have, or what the effect of combining IGF-1-IGFBP-3 with growth hormone might be.

The subjects' maximal oxygen uptake [VO2max], the most important measure of endurance capacity, did increase as a result of the administration of the IGF-1-IGFBP-3 complex. In the figure below the researchers make a distinction between the male and female subjects. The 30 mg dose was not as effective as the 60 mg dose.

igf1igfbp3vo2max.gif

"There are no confirmed cases of elite athletes obtaining and misusing rhIGF-I/rhIGFBP-3, but it would seem an attractive anabolic agent with lower risk of side effects, compared with either IGF-I alone or insulin", the researchers wrote.

"This study demonstrates that 28 days of IGF-I/IGFBP-3 administration improves aerobic fitness but has no effect on body fat or lean body mass in recreational athletes. The significance of this improvement in elite athletes requires further investigation, as do the mechanisms underlying the benefits on aerobic performance."

"The results of this study support the inclusion of IGF-I on the WADA list of prohibited substances and highlight the need to develop methods for detecting IGF-I misuse."

Source:
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Aug;100(8):3126-31.

IGF-1 analogue mecasermin boosts athletes' endurance capacity

Otherwise known as pharm grade igf which is increlex. Very expensive and probably not worth it for the recreational bber. Sounds like it would benefit track and field athletes and for sports where running is required.

Otherwise known as pharm grade igf which is increlex. Very expensive and probably not worth it for the recreational bber. Sounds like it would benefit track and field athletes and for sports where running is required.

What reading this really makes me question is what are the chances that a 1mg vial of whatever it is peptide companies are selling as IGFxx actually has any meaningful effects for bodybuilding purposes?

If a study using 30 or 60mg of pharmaceutical grade IGF daily isn't causing any changes in LBM or BF, how can 10, 20, or 50mcg be doing anything?

Are these "results" purely placebo, or is there something else in the vials?

Or am I just not understanding how it works?

What reading this really makes me question is what are the chances that a 1mg vial of whatever it is peptide companies are selling as IGFxx actually has any meaningful effects for bodybuilding purposes?

If a study using 30 or 60mg of pharmaceutical grade IGF daily isn't causing any changes in LBM or BF, how can 10, 20, or 50mcg be doing anything?

Are these "results" purely placebo, or is there something else in the vials?

Or am I just not understanding how it works?

when u read about Des and Lr3. It says they are 100s times or whatever more potent.
but no i don't think anyone has real des or lr3

I'd love it if this stuff your attainable. Improved endurance is something bodybuilders shouldn't dismiss. It's great for so many reasons.

I'd love it if this stuff your attainable. Improved endurance is something bodybuilders shouldn't dismiss. It's great for so many reasons.

I only know one sponsor here that claims to be able to obtain increlex. It's very hard to come across and I remember there being a shortage back in 2012 if I remember correctly. Medically, it's used for children who are short in stature. It's just not feasible or advantageous for bbers who's sole purpose is to add mass.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131