over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IGF-1 DES on a precontest KETO diet

wilderbeast

Registered
DES IGF-1 in a KETO precontest diet

As I am sure everyone is aware by now, the overwhelming majority of IGF-1 usage has occurred with the presence of carbohydrates in the diet. I have utilized such methods myself in the past. I know there is some interest out there for utilization of IGF during a ketogenic diet.

Due to the lack of information on the subject GP has asked me to log the findings of my research. The test period will be for a period of 4-8 weeks (undecided). The ketogenic diet followed will be the Palumbo Diet (high protein, low/no carb, moderate healthy fats).

I will get into adjustments to the diet, training, and pep protocols as time goes on, but here is a glimpse of the start:

Protocol:

AM: 100-200mcg GHRP-2 and 100mcg CJC-1295
PreWo: 10mcg DES IGF-1
PWO: 200-500mcg MGF (bilaterally)
30 min PWO: 100-200mcg hexarelin and 100mcg CJC-1295
2 hours PWO: 20mcg DES IGF-1 (bilaterally)
Pre bed: 100-200mcg GHRP-2 and 100mcg CJC-1295

(ALL administered IM)

Training:

Split #1:

M: Legs
T: Upper body
W: LISS Cardio
Th: Legs
F: Upper body
Sa: LISS Cardio
Su: HIIT Cardio

(Note on split#1: I am training upper body all together because I am in the final stages of an extensor tendon (finger) reattachment recovery and have not been cleared for full training activity. I should be back into a full "normal" program within one to two weeks following the start of this testing period.)

Split#2:

M: Legs
T: Chest
W: Back, LISS Cardio
Th: LISS Cardio
F: Delts, traps
Sa: Arms
Su: HIIT Cardio

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 whole omega-3 eggs, 5 eggwhites
Meal 2: 54g WPI, 24g NPB
Meal 3: 7 oz Chicken, 1 oz cashews
Meal 4: 54g WPI, 24g NPB
Meal 5: 8 oz steak/lean beef, green salad 1 tbps oil & vinegar
Meal 6: 54g WPI, 24g NPB

I hope others will find this information useful. I will be keeping track of the effects and documenting them on a regular basis (at least 3 times per week).
Can't wait to begin my research.

BEAST

awesome, I am one of those unfortunates who look at carbs and seem to get fat, I have to be very careful with them and have not used igf for a while due to that, it was hard for me to find the sweet spot with carbs and igf where I still received all the benefits, but didnt get bloated, or eat too few and feel overly weak and lethargic, etc. I see the low dosages you are using, I think a smart move.

isoc,

I know how you feel. I am fairly carbohydrate sensitive myself. I did extremely well though with IGF-1 LR3 with 30-50g carbs pre and post workout. I was still keeping my carbs under 300 grams a day (on a bulk), and I got the biggest/ leanest 235 I have ever been (@5'9).

I hope this study will benefit you and many others. Still awaiting the arrival of the DES, hopefully I will have it tonight or tomorrow night in which case I will still begin the testing period this week.

BEAST

Wednesday February 16, 2011

Got my DES IGF-1 from Genesis on Tuesday. Today was my third day on the diet and my first day utilizing the DES IGF. My body is still in the process of fully depleting carbohydrates and glycogen. Everything is going along smoothly so far.

Training: Chest & Triceps

BB press
3 x 10-15

Nautilus incline press
3 x 10-12

High incline BB press
3 x 10

Pec Dec
3 x 10

Seated tricep extensions
3 x 15

Pushdowns
3 x 10

20 min PreWO: 10mcg DES IGF-1
PWO: 300mcg MGF
30 min PWO: 150mcg hexarelin/100mcg CJC 1295
2 hours PWO: 20mcg DES IGF-1

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Good pump from both DES doses
Chest, delts, and triceps noticeably fuller today (the following day)

Summary:

Overall I felt my workout was very productive. This was my first full workout back in the gym for any upper body muscle group without wearing my splint since my extensor tendon surgical repair. I had a lot of wrist and finger joint stiffness, but that is to be expected. I had no noticeable swelling around the repaired tendon from working out so that is a positive. The main negative so far is that I have virtually no grip strength regained yet in my repaired hand, and I can still feel pull on the tendon when holding a dumbbell. I am going to have to hold off on any DB exercises for a few weeks until some grip strength starts to come back. More updates to come.

BEAST

Genesis.

BEAST

Tuesday February 22, 2011

Training: Legs

Leg extensions
4 x 10-15

Hack Squat
4 x 6-15

1-leg Leg press
3 x 10

1-leg standing hamstring curls
4 x 10

Seated calf raises
3 x 15

Leg press calf raises
3 x 15-25

20 min PreWO: 10mcg DES IGF-1
2 hours PWO: 20mcg DES IGF-1

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Great pump from both DES doses
Quads were very pumped during the workout but function wasn't impeded
Legs noticeably fuller today (the following day)
No DOMS (the following day)

Summary:

I felt my workout was very productive. I started to get back to some of the heavier weights that I was using prior to my injury. I am not there yet, but I am getting closer each week. Everything seems to be moving along quite well so far. The combination of ghrh/ghrp/mgf/igf is helping me greatly in recovering from my injury and in recovering my strength and condition. I am recovering so quickly from my injury that the dr. could not even believe the strength and improvements I have made in one week. My grip strength tripled in my injured hand and increased 50% in my non-injured hand. I am extremely pleased with how this study is going thus far. More updates to come!

BEAST

great to hear things are coming back well, and des seems to be working well for you, even on low carb. Interesting that the lack of carbs not impeding getting a good pump. Keep going, I wish you best of luck, I am sure that you will surpass your best once you get going and fully healed.

I have started mine, just Monday, no bad sides yet like lethargy, hypo, etc., not on gear, but waiting for ester to clear, also taking ghrp-2, still no problem getting good pump, and feel "full", like it so far.

isoc and wilderbeast,
I see neither of you are reporting lethargy from DES - do either of you guys get lethargy from IGF1-LR3?
I'm curious if DES is better when it comes to that particular side. If I use any more than 20mcg of LR3, the lethargy is pretty bad.

I had very mixed results with lr3, some I got absolutely nothing from, the ones that I got the positives from (pumps, recomp) I did get some lethargy. With this I do not notice any. I am also taking ghrp2, and it has only been a couple days, so it still may pop up, but as of now, that is not a problem

One thing I do notice is that the area I inject, both pre and post, feels more worked for lack of a better term, than normal. Almost sore, like next day soreness, but the next day I am fine. For instance yesterday trained legs, prewkout hit inside of teardrop, during wkout had great leg pumps, but definitely "felt" it more where I injected. Post workout did outside of thigh, and shrotly there after had same feeling. Today, legs not sore. I dont think this is bad thing, didnt hinder my wkout at all, just an observation

TNH

I have used LR3 to some degree in the past, but I always used it in conjunction with carbohydrates. I never had anything but positive effects from IGF-1 LR3 from GP and AO. I never got hypo sides from LR3, but I always incorporated foods prior to and after my usage. There was one time that I forgot my carbs preworkout and all I had was a WPI shake 30 minutes before my LR3, and I got a tad bit of lethargy but nothing that negatively impacted my workout. I was more nervous than anything.

P.S. My LR3 dose was 50mcg.

BEAST

Monday February 28, 2011

Today was a very intense leg workout. I was extremely pleased with how much my legs have already started to come up. I will continue to hit them twice a week for the remainder of the research period.

Leg extensions
3 x 15

Squat
3 x 5-10

Wide leg press superset w/ Narrow leg press
3 x 15-20

Standing 1-leg curls
3 x 10

Seated calf raise
3 x 15

Leg press calf raise
3 x 15

20 min PreWO: 20mcg DES IGF-1
2 hours PWO: 10mcg DES IGF-1

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Legs fuller the following day
20mcg seems to give a better pump than 10mcg pre-workout

Tuesday March 1, 2011

Today was my first workout in about a year training with a partner. My old training partner and I decided to sync up our schedules again and push each others' workouts to the next level. Our chest workout was pretty intense. We pressed ourselves stupid taking at least 1 set of each exercise to total muscular failure.

Training: Chest

BB incline press
3 x 6-10

Smith high incline press
3 x 6-10

BB decline press
3 x 10

DB incline fly superset w/ neutral grip db press
3 x 10 (presses to failure)

30 min PWO: 150mcg hexarelin, 150mcg GHRP-2, and 200mcg CJC 1295

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Intense pump during workout

Summary:

Both workouts this week have been extremely productive and efficient. My pumps have been very good in the gym despite the fact that I am on no carbs. I am continuing to progress at a good rate. The diet is going very well at this point. During my chest workout I got one of the best pumps that I have had since the last time I ran IGF-1 LR3 @ 50mcg pre-workout with carbs (~3-4 months ago). I am excited to see the final results from my research... I suspect that they will be very pleasing.

BEAST

Hey bro... Curious as to why you shoot the DES again 2hours PWO?

Juiced,

I have been using PWO also due to the idea that you can induce hyperplasia of the muscles recently trained. The reason for having it a while after training is so that it does not interfere with the mechanisms of action of the MGF and GH PWO. This is just something I am trying out. I have done all my IGF-1 either pre workout or immediately PWO in one dose in the past. Just wanted to compare methods.

BEAST

kinda ot, but when pinning, are you all using the same pin for both pre injects and a different pin for post injects? Like if pinning arms bilat, are you using the same pin prewkout for both arms, just using alcohol on inject site and on the pin itself in between injects? then post workout use a different pin, but the same one for each bilat inject post wkout, again with sterile wipes on sites and pin. This is what I am doing just want to be safe and sterile as possible, while not using tons of pins every day. But if that is what everyone is doing then I will switch up.

I used to only use each pin one time, but I was going through a stockpile of pins, so I went to a few uses per pin.

BEAST

Monday February 28, 2011

Today was a very intense leg workout. I was extremely pleased with how much my legs have already started to come up. I will continue to hit them twice a week for the remainder of the research period.

Leg extensions
3 x 15

Squat
3 x 5-10

Wide leg press superset w/ Narrow leg press
3 x 15-20

Standing 1-leg curls
3 x 10

Seated calf raise
3 x 15

Leg press calf raise
3 x 15

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Legs fuller the following day
20mcg seems to give a better pump than 10mcg pre-workout

Tuesday March 1, 2011

Today was my first workout in about a year training with a partner. My old training partner and I decided to sync up our schedules again and push each others' workouts to the next level. Our chest workout was pretty intense. We pressed ourselves stupid taking at least 1 set of each exercise to total muscular failure.

BB incline press
3 x 6-10

Smith high incline press
3 x 6-10

BB decline press
3 x 10

DB incline fly superset w/ neutral grip db press
3 x 10 (presses to failure)

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Intense pump during workout

Summary:

Both workouts this week have been extremely productive and efficient. My pumps have been very good in the gym despite the fact that I am on no carbs. I am continuing to progress at a good rate. The diet is going very well at this point. During my chest workout I got one of the best pumps that I have had since the last time I ran IGF-1 LR3 @ 50mcg pre-workout with carbs (~3-4 months ago). I am excited to see the final results from my research... I suspect that they will be very pleasing.

BEAST

I to do a Keto diet for competetion... I started at 210 approx.. I used 400mcg of hex preworkout 200mcg of CJC before bed and i used 40mcg IGF0lr3 morning and 40mcg postworkout... I ended up at 195 aftr 16 weeks of diet and a 3rd place in Light heavies at Western Mi....i am just under 5'7"

Sykopanda,

Very cool. I like the addition of more information for fellow members out there on the use of IGF-1 variants on keto diets. I have to say that this keto diet is going even better/faster with the addition of IGF-1 than any of the keto diets I have done in the past. One huge factor/difference that I have noticed is that IGF-1 has greatly improved the utilization and assimilation of carbohydrates from my weekly carb meal as compared to my other keto diets. This shows me that IGF usage during the keto diet and carb-up phase should create a better/ideal environment for the body to assimilate and use carbs in the actual carb-up phase going into a contest. I will continue to update as I progress. I have not weighed in in two weeks, but I suspect that I am not down more than a few pounds total, but bodyfat has drastically decreased.

BEAST

Monday March 7, 2011

Everything was going along smoothly on Monday. The workout was very intense and productive. I was stronger this week than I have been since my surgery. I believe that the DES IGF is helping me recover and get back to my pre-surgery condition and strength levels much much faster than I would be able to do without it.

BB incline press
3 x 6-10

BB flat press
3 x 6-10

DB incline fly superset w/ DB neutral grip press
3 x 10-12

Nautilus incline press
3 x 6-10

20 min PreWO: 30mcg DES IGF-1

Effects:

No lethargy
No dizziness
No headaches
No hypoglycemic sides
Good pump
No DOMS the following days
Chest is still full at the end of the week

Tuesday March 8, 2011

Today was a brutal leg workout. All I got through were leg extensions, squats, and leg presses. I was sick and probably made a mistake by going to the gym to hit legs anyway. Needless to say my rest periods were much longer than usual, and I nearly passed out between every set. Took Wednesday off to try to get over being sick.

Leg extensions
5 x 10-15

Squat
4 x 3-10

Narrow leg press
3 x 20

Effects:

Very difficult to tell the true side effects due to illness

Thursday March 10, 2011

Training: Shoulders

DB shoulder press
3 x 7-10

BB rack presses
3 x 3-8

DB side laterals
4 x 10

Machine rear delt fly
6 x 7-10

Machine side laterals
3 x 8-10

BB wide grip upright row
3 x 6-10

30 min pre bed: 200mcg GHRP-2, and 100mcg CJC 1295

Summary:

I am progressing extremely well despite being sick all week. At the end of last week (end of the third week of the diet/research period) I was up from 210 to 220 pounds and dropped several percentage of bodyfat. I have continued to get leaner each week. This has been a very typical contest diet for me except for the fact that I am down bodyfat AND UP in total weight. Now I do not doubt that the fact that I am in the recovery period from a serious injury from which I suffered some muscle loss and have naturally increased muscle that was lost, but I have never experienced a period to date where I was in a contest diet and my strength, endurance, lean mass, and recovery were all improving while I was losing bodyfat. I am sure that this will only continue for so long and then my overall weight will begin to drop. My goal is over the next 6 weeks or so to get to 225 before having my weight loss start to drop continually. At this pace I will be in better conditioning faster than any previous contest diet to date... and I haven't even added stimulants in yet. Thanks for following along and hope to keep you all updated!

BEAST

Monday April 11, 2011

I wanted to throw out a quick update and let everyone who has been following along know how my progress has gone over the last month or so. First of all the IGF-1 on my contest keto diet has NOT killed me, I have simply been busy with work and family along with bodybuilding over the last month. Today was a brutal leg workout. I showed up a little late to the gym and realized that it was going to be a bitch of a workout when my lifting partners were harness pulling my friends truck as part of our leg workout. I quickly warmed up and jumped in. We pulled his truck for 50 yards and then pushed it the 50 yards back to the other end of the lot. We did this for three sets. My partners decided to make it a race, so my last set felt more like a 100 meter dash wearing a suit of concrete. By the time I finished I had to let the lactic acid burn and accelerated heart rate settle over the next 10 minutes or so before moving on to the rest of the workout. But on a positive note ... cardio was not necessary this day haha.

Leg extension superset w/ leg curls
3 x 10

Truck pulls superset w/
Truck push
50yd x 3 (50 down, 50 back)

Lying leg curls
3 x 10

Seated leg curls
1 x 15

1 leg extensions
3 x 10

Walking lunges
BW x 70 yards

45 min PWO: 50mcg DES IGF-1

Effects:

Good pump in the quads and hamstrings. The following day I was shocked that I am still able to walk.

Summary:

I am progressing through the diet very well thus far. This marks the beginning of the 9th week and I am already much leaner than I have been at this point in a diet. I have made some adjustments to the diet as well. As of the last 2 weeks or so I have gone to two protein/vegetable days per week. I have also begun incorporating ALRI Humapro replacing a few shakes here and there, as a PWO shake, and utilizing Rea's program a few times per day of pre-meal humapro dosing. I have also begun to slowly eliminate some of the little bit of WPI that I am still consuming replacing it with egg whites. At this point I am still consuming WPI with my egg whites, chicken a few times per day, but I am incorporating more white fish and egg whites. My recovery has been phenomenal considering the limited amount of calories that I have been taking in and my muscles have continued to stay full and have even grown since starting my diet! I plan to wrap up this diet by the end of June and begin a serious lean mass accrual program. Thanks for following along and hope to keep you all updated!

BEAST

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner