advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IGF-1 DES: Use it Pre or Post-Workout? Why?

Landmonster

Registered
Hi All.

I'm considering a first run of IFG-1 DES.

My questions are:
1) Is it most optimal to pin it pre-workout, or post-workout? I see people doing it both ways, I just wondered if there was science for it. (Post Workout would be much more convenient for me, as I workout after work.)

2) I typically train 2 muscle groups together... such as chest + biceps, or shoulder + triceps. People seem to think DES must be injected into the muscles being trained. In the example of a chest and bicep workout.... do I need to pin a total of 4x (bilaterally in each muscle... left bi + right bi + left pec + right pec), or a total of 2x (bilaterally in the major muscle group.... left pec + right pec)?

3) [Noob question] I assume that IGF-1 DES must be kept cold, right?? If so... I typically work 8-12 hours, then workout after work. If I decided to pin IGF pre-workout... what would be a reasonable strategy for keeping IGF-1 cold and safe all day, prior to injection pre-workout? Should I just bring it in a cooler or something, and pin myself in my car? Is this safe?

(Question #3 is a major reason why injecting post-workout would be more convenient for me. It would be much easier/simpler if I could just do it upto 30 minutes later at home. I'm wondering if there are any pros or cons to that approach though. I want to optimize the results.)

Thanks for any ideas or information.

Last edited:
Most optimal would be mid work out (according to Alpha).

Only pinned Des, pre workout / at multiple angles in the subject muscle being worked...

I have only tried bi's, tri's and calves.

Unreal pumps!
The pumps at times made my skin feel like it was tearing (No shit).

Never tried Osta's but loved mine from Ergo Pep....

Only pinned Des, pre workout / at multiple angles in the subject muscle being worked...

I have only tried bi's, tri's and calves.

Unreal pumps!
The pumps at times made my skin feel like it was tearing (No shit).

Never tried Osta's but loved mine from Ergo Pep....

Pumps pre are sick, but looking back now IMO u wld want it in your muscles post while they are screaming for nutrients...

Imo, intra workout is the way to go.
The half life is short, and u want it to be active during your workout. So, intra would provide the best results in my humble opinion. If that is not possible for u, then immediately pre workout.
I personally dont think it should be used post wo as it would counter your bodies mfg production.

Last edited:
Imo, intra workout is the way to go.
The half life is short, and u want it to be active during your workout. So, intra would provide the best results in my humble opinion. If that is not possible for u, then immediately pre workout.
I personally dont think it should be used post wo as it would counter your bodies mfg production.

I tend to agree with Bgwizz regarding mgf interuption. If u can't do it pre or intra w/out to help nutrient shuttling during training, then do it post w/o, but wait 30mins or so.

Reason is, as pointed out above, the body produces mgf (mechanic growth factor) in the muscles that have just been resistance trained, in order to effect muscle repair.
Problem is that mgf and igf bond to the same receptor, but igf has a stronger affinity, so would override mgf (not what u want).

Soooo, as mgf is only active for a short time post w/o (whether natural or exo administered), let it do it's thing to trigger the repair process, then pin your Des to assist hypertrophy and cell regeneration.

Hope this makes sense....and is just my humble opinion!

If thats the case, i rather pin DES sub on non-workout days as it'll stay in the system longer.

Do u think its wise?

If thats the case, i rather pin DES sub on non-workout days as it'll stay in the system longer.

Do u think its wise?

Not really mate, because Des is the short acting version (tho noteworthy is the fact it is purported to be around 1000 times more potent than the body's own igf!) so if u want to pin on non w/o days, u need the long (lr-3) version.

Des needs to be administered either intra, or immediately pre w/o, or about 30-45 mins post w/o, giving the mechano growth factor time to do it's thing.:)

I forgot the timing and cannot find the link right now but the body does not immediately start producing MGF immediately as soon as you stop working out, from what I recall it is somewhere in the range of 12-24 hours, when the muscle actually begins to "repair" itself, that's MGF, however the MGF used in our application does not actually act in the same way as the body's natural MGF as that is intra-cellular where as the MGF one would self administer actually does not get to the cellular level but actually attaches to the IGF receptor, the same as IGF...ideally with DES one would want it pre and immediately post for its nutrient shuttling effects into the muscle trained, then let the body do its natural thing. If you really want more MGF, then lift heavier and cause more fiber damage to the muscle and the body will produce more naturally to repair the muscle...

I always give it my animal pre-workout and just pin it anywhere. I use to care where I pinned it but not anymore and I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Buy a diabetes case and get some cold packs...put the peptide and the cold packs in the case and your good to go. I just pre-load my syringe and take them with me.

I always give it my animal pre-workout and just pin it anywhere. I use to care where I pinned it but not anymore and I haven't noticed much of a difference...
Are you still pinning it IM or subq since you're saying pin it anywhere?

www.superhumanradio.com/shr-833-the- ...check out the broadcast, it's got a lot of great info. I followed it to a tee, des during workout followed by a bcaa drink, then lr3 post work out & protein shake...I gained 6-8lbs of muscle while losing fat around my midsection. If the link doesn't work, search superhuman radio #833

The igf info comes @ the 1hr mark of the broadcast on superhuman radio. I recommend you listen & take notes before you use igf to maximize your results. Like I said, I gained about 6-8lbs in a month with a des/lr3 combo. I've used finiplix in the past & wanted a healthy alternative to aas, I'm saving up to run this combo again. I train aas free these days, peptides only in my garage. What I like about peps is no mood swings & I kept the gains that I made. Aas tend to blow you up like a ballon, but when you take a break you lose quite a bit, @ least I did. Peps are a little more expensive, but I'm worth it...lol.

My understanding is that the optimal time to research DES is during in the presence of lactic acid.

There is an earlier post by Phil pertaining to it.

Ak

Last edited:
My understanding is that the optimal time to research DES is during in the presence of lactic acid.

There is an earlier post by Phil pertaining to it.

Ak

And when is lactic acid present?

best way i found des works good is to pin it intramuscular 15 to 20 min before working out and youll get very nice pump take some carbs with it though

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131