over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IGF-1 lab result of 426 ng/mL on nothing WTF

GeoBob

Banned
I had a second round of lab work done after my initial test showed an IGF-1 level of 328ng/mL. That was above normal and my endocrinologist asked that I run it again along with some other tests. I told him I was on 2,5 ius of HGH when I ran the first test on 11/2/2015.

I ran out of HGH shortly there after and have not been on anything except my topical testosterone for TRT, HCG and Adx. I also had been using 15 ius of Humalog pre-workout while on the HGH but stopped that also since running.

The second blood draw for lab work was done 12/4. It has been at least 3 weeks since doing any HGH or insulin.

Now I get an IGF-1 of 426 mg/mL. How is this possible. From what I have been reading on here, anything above 300 is a good boost from HGH or peptides. The normal range reported on the lab sheet is 61-200

If it makes any difference, I am 53 years old, ran a few cycles, been on TRT for 5 years.

This was the same doctor that told me that if your IGF-1 level is elevated to for extended periods of time it could adversely affect your insulin sensitivity.

Whoa. Interesting.
I have no info but I'll ask my buddy that's knows all about igf.
I'll be back.

This was encouraging, "Not"

Increased levels of GH and IGF-1 are normal during puberty and pregnancy but otherwise are most frequently due to pituitary tumors (usually benign).

Less commonly, IGF-1 tests may be used to detect excess growth hormone and to help diagnose and monitor treatment of two rare conditions, acromegaly and gigantism.

Well my hands and feet have not been growing and nothing else really has either in the last year. I have not really gained any muscle or weight over the last year.

Something tells me I am going to have to pay for another test.

What did your HGH test at. Just curious. I know timing is important but maybe you are spitting out a lot of natural HGH.
Statin drugs for raising HDL increase IGF1. Higher fat diets as well.
Are you banging lots of hot women? Not that it's factor; or is it? :eek:

Insulin does play a role in IGF-1 binding or it could be a tumor.

Either way, I'd get more tests done.

Igf levels stay elevated for quite awhile even after the cessation of exogenous gh.

it has been 3 to 4 weeks

It has been at least 3, and maybe 4 weeks since my last HGH injection and that would have been 2.5 ius. The intial lab result while taking the HGH was 328. 3 to 4 weeks later it is over 400. I am inclined to think it was an incorect lab test more than anything else.

Now I have been in the THE CJC no Dac and ghrp 6 for a week and i dont want to stop and wait a month to get lab work done again. I think i might just have it done while on the peptides just to see what the blood level is now. So far i have not really seen any results or side affects so that is another reason to suspect a bogus lab test.

And no imnever had my Hgh tested, but the iron godass and i are always having a lot of sex if that makes a difference LOL.

It has been at least 3, and maybe 4 weeks since my last HGH injection and that would have been 2.5 ius. The intial lab result while taking the HGH was 328. 3 to 4 weeks later it is over 400. I am inclined to think it was an incorect lab test more than anything else.

Now I have been in the THE CJC no Dac and ghrp 6 for a week and i dont want to stop and wait a month to get lab work done again. I think i might just have it done while on the peptides just to see what the blood level is now. So far i have not really seen any results or side affects so that is another reason to suspect a bogus lab test.

And no imnever had my Hgh tested, but the iron godass and i are always having a lot of sex if that makes a difference LOL.

Hang on...

"Now I have been in the THE CJC no Dac and ghrp 6 for a week and i dont want to stop and wait a month to get lab work done again."

Does that mean you have been on cjc no dac and ghrp-6 for 1 week after your test?

Slin and HGH can hang around for a while at times. Does your diet contain lots of fat? Although for your age that is extremely high so it must be a result of the drugs. Or perhaps something else so more testing definitely needs to be done. Get a test asap just to see where you are at. Sure the peptides will add to it but it will take a way possible doubts about the original (2nd) test results. To be on the safe side you definitely need to look into this further.

yes

Hang on...

"Now I have been in the THE CJC no Dac and ghrp 6 for a week and i dont want to stop and wait a month to get lab work done again."

Does that mean you have been on cjc no dac and ghrp-6 for 1 week after your test?

Slin and HGH can hang around for a while at times. Does your diet contain lots of fat? Although for your age that is extremely high so it must be a result of the drugs. Or perhaps something else so more testing definitely needs to be done. Get a test asap just to see where you are at. Sure the peptides will add to it but it will take a way possible doubts about the original (2nd) test results. To be on the safe side you definitely need to look into this further.

Yes, I had the se ond test done because the first was so high and my endo wanted to see where my true level was at after ha ing been off the HGH for the 3 to 4 weeks. I wanted to get tne testkng done so that I could start the peptides and another cycle. Somyes now I am into the peptides for 10 days after the second blood test.

Only real problem is the lab is an 1.5 hours away. Oh well. I am curious if my endochronologist's office will call.

Why would u jump on peptides, knowing u were going to need another test done?

I did not know I was going to need a 3rd test done. I had the second blood draw done at 3-4 weeks to check the IGF-1 level, (along with my testosterone and E2). I assumed everything would come out fine. Having not been on anything of 3-4 weeks I thought for sure my IGF-1 level would have dropped from the 328.

I just got the lab results back this last week.

My endo asked me to get a 24 hour urine test from Rihn labs for Growth Hormone. I am curious if anyone knows anything about how long levels of both GH and igf-1 remain elevated.

I think GH drops off in a day. So if I stop running my peptieds for a couple of days then I should get an accurate natural GH result.

The igf-1 I thought stayed elevated for a longer period of time. Not sure how long but I really did not think it could be for weeks like I saw. And certainly not at 426.

He confirmed my thought that a pituitary scan would be next depending on what we find.

I guess I question what we would do if we find that I have a high GH levels. I think the Igf-1 level being elevated without the GH level suggested the tumor on the pituitary. I have to check that again.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws