over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Igf1 labs

james caan

Registered
So my endo ordered some labs, which included igf-1 and A.M cortisol testing. I wanted to get some opinions from the knowledgeable people here.

Lab results :
A.M cortisol= 5.9ug/dL low (range is 6.2-19.4ug/dL)
Igf-1= 81ng/mL low (range is 84-270ng/mL)

They were concerned with the cortisol levels, but did not mention my igf-1 at all. Am I over thinking here, or is my endo being too conservative? They ordered a ACTH stimulation test, waiting for my appointment on that. So again there are some incredibly smart people on here, so wanted to get some opinions/suggestions /etc.

Cortisol is complicated, you probably want to do a 24-hour urine cortisol test. If you are highly stressed or use a lot of stims it could be adrenal insufficiency.

The low IGF-1 levels mean you could possibly get a prescription for adult GH definciency, it's theoretically possible to get GH covered by insurance if you can jump through all the hoops, pass (fail) a GH stimulation test, etc.

I don't think it's too conservative. The ACTH test was the right test to order with these numbers. They're trying to diagnose the problem. With just cortisol and IGF and without full drug history, symptoms, height, weight, diet, other bloodwork, etc, we here would be just throwing darts at a board.

I don't think it's too conservative. The ACTH test was the right test to order with these numbers. They're trying to diagnose the problem. With just cortisol and IGF and without full drug history, symptoms, height, weight, diet, other bloodwork, etc, we here would be just throwing darts at a board.
So no AAS for quite some time, currently back on TRT at 60mg per week. As far as other results

Estradiol
Current Result:
Units:
pg/mL
Ref Range:
7.6-42.6

Prostate Specific Ag
Current Result:
Units:
ng/mL
Ref Range:
0.0-4.0

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS
Current Result:
Units:
ng/dL
Ref Range:
264.0-916.0

Free Testosterone(Direct)
Current Result:
Units:
pg/mL
Ref Range:
6.8-21.5
Flag:
Low

TSH
Current Result:
Units:
uIU/mL
Ref Range:
0.450-4.500

T4,Free(Direct)
Current Result:
Units:
ng/dL
Ref Range:
0.82-1.77

LH
Current Result:
Units:
mIU/mL
Ref Range:
1.7-8.6

FSH
Current Result:
Units:
mIU/mL
Ref Range:
1.5-12.4

Glucose
Current Result:
Units:
mg/dL
Ref Range:
65-99

So no AAS for quite some time, currently back on TRT at 60mg per week. As far as other results

Estradiol
Current Result:
Units:
pg/mL
Ref Range:
7.6-42.6

Prostate Specific Ag
Current Result:
Units:
ng/mL
Ref Range:
0.0-4.0

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS
Current Result:
Units:
ng/dL
Ref Range:
264.0-916.0

Free Testosterone(Direct)
Current Result:
Units:
pg/mL
Ref Range:
6.8-21.5
Flag:
Low

TSH
Current Result:
Units:
uIU/mL
Ref Range:
0.450-4.500

T4,Free(Direct)
Current Result:
Units:
ng/dL
Ref Range:
0.82-1.77

LH
Current Result:
Units:
mIU/mL
Ref Range:
1.7-8.6

FSH
Current Result:
Units:
mIU/mL
Ref Range:
1.5-12.4

Glucose
Current Result:
Units:
mg/dL
Ref Range:
65-99
These digits looks good to me. A bit low on the free T but that could be almost anything. Need those ACTH results. Just curious, what's your BMI? Are you 160lbs or are you 240lbs with very low BF? IOW, do you train? Have you ever done rhGH or related peptides? Do you take CNS stimulants or depressants? You don't have to answer all that but these are factors to be considered. For example, and this is just one of a dozen scenarios, had you previously used GH-related peptides while also taking an anxiolytic of some sort, that could account for both low cortisol and low IGF numbers. And a dozen other scenarios.

What precipitated all this? What symptoms compelled you to go to or be referred to an endo? Why was cortisol and IGF tested to begin with? Not prying, just making a point. It's a lot.

These digits looks good to me. A bit low on the free T but that could be almost anything. Need those ACTH results. Just curious, what's your BMI? Are you 160lbs or are you 240lbs with very low BF? IOW, do you train? Have you ever done rhGH or related peptides? Do you take CNS stimulants or depressants? You don't have to answer all that but these are factors to be considered. For example, and this is just one of a dozen scenarios, had you previously used GH-related peptides while also taking an anxiolytic of some sort, that could account for both low cortisol and low IGF numbers. And a dozen other scenarios.

What precipitated all this? What symptoms compelled you to go to or be referred to an endo? Why was cortisol and IGF tested to begin with? Not prying, just making a point. It's a lot.
Right now 6'4 244, bf I'm certainly not beach lean, just look like a big guy at this point..but again I'm not using anything at the moment but trt. Past yes I've used GH, but this was a long time ago when I was very heavily using gear. At the time, I was switching between jintropin, and fitropin but from those names you can see how long ago that was.

So my endo and I discussed a few things, one though was how generally bad I feel all the time, I'm a big guy, that struggles to open a jar. I went from in my late 30s (I'm halfway to 50) being carded, to now I have grays, bad skin, and get called old man. My sleep is 2-4 hours at best, and I no longer can lean out like I could in even my early 40s. The gym feels like I'm just trying to survive the work out, not like it did when I felt rejuvenated. Also I won't get into details for my own personal reason, but I also have a condition I was diagnosed with almost 2 years ago, that studies find low IGF/GH levels seems to play a role in, and can greatly improve symptoms when replacement levels are being used. That day they ordered the labs for me.

I see my urologist in a month, he has written books on TRT, he is very pro men should feel like men, so he let me know he'll be discussing my options with me. My endo told me that with them, it would require different tests, that they're not even doing appointments for, I guess from the backlog they have from covid shutdowns. I guess in the endo world, they're required to do more testing than in urology, I don't know but that's basically how it was explained to me.

Brothers, and sisters I'm not trying to be a competitor, my days of 50mg of test suspension 3 times per day, with 25mg of dbol, 50mg of adrol, 500mg of tren eth, 4 i.u of GH, finally slin and igf1 post work out are over! I'm just trying to live a happy and healthy life.

Brothers, and sisters I'm not trying to be a competitor, my days of 50mg of test suspension 3 times per day, with 25mg of dbol, 50mg of adrol, 500mg of tren eth, 4 i.u of GH, finally slin and igf1 post work out are over! I'm just trying to live a happy and healthy life.
I'm sure you'll get there. It sounds like you have some good people on the case. Something changed. And you're far too young to be going downhill in terms of aging.

Low cortisol and IGF-1 suggests an issue with pituitray or hypothalamus. I think more tests are needed. I have no idea what your hormone manipulation has been over the last year so I'm guessing. That corticosteroid and GH axis hormones are suppressed suggests that ACTH and growth hormone or growrth hormone axis hormones are not signaling properly.

My baseline igf was 88. I started gh 2 to 4 iu at various points. Over the course of a year they went up to 120, 160, then 220 close to the top of the range. I assume this would be a success story? It can be done. Look forward to maybe getting them even higher.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131