advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Im shooting for 275lbs before end of year - so far....

cant tell if you are being sarcastic and flippant or sincere.

If you are being sincere, Andy was 289 when we trained together. I randomly said to him one day that I had no desire to get to his size (it was just too big and I could see his struggle at that weight), BUT, I had always said, "balls, id be happy to be 275". Why 275? I don't know. It just came out of my mouth.
Call it mental weakness, call it being overly sensitive, or just feeling my own mortality in some way. But I spent a great deal of time this year remembering him and our workouts and our friendship in general. It was forged in iron. He was my best friend. My brother. And so this small, probably in some people's eyes, stupid gesture, makes me feel tributary in a way. Im holding up my end.

Could I get that big? Maybe. Doubtful. I wouldn't want to eat that way and I am not particularly comfortable as it is at this weight on the daily. I love training again though. I truly and totally enjoy going to the gym again like I did when I was 22. I get a nervous energy running through me.

I don't know what else to tell you. I decided to share this part of my life so I accept that I will have some people, and maybe it isn't you and I read that wrong, who will decide to use this opportunity to take shots at me or be snarky. That's ok. I opened up. Im a big enough boy to handle it.

Do I ever want to "posedown" or compete in a show? No. Am I worried about how my abs are going to look, or not look? Nope. I am married 17yrs now with 4 kids. Not worried about looking good at the beach anymore. I train because my passion is ignited. And for years that passion was in MMA, Muay Thai, and BJJ. But now its back. And I am very happy to be enjoying this again.
Bro I was joking of course. I've never met anybody that wants to weigh a certain weight but doesn't distinguish a difference in muscle or fat. Usually people want to gain weight (muscle) or lose weight (fat). Usually as in literally everybody. You look like you need to drop weight for health purposes, but you're a grown man and I'm sure you already know you're risking your life with your size goal.

Strip that off. Please don’t get any bigger. This isn’t an insult you look unhealthy. Your wrists and hands shouldn’t look like that. No need to get any bigger. Get leaner. Do cardio

when you're almost 50 years old, and your forearms resemble those of an infant's... i would think that would give one pause.

no one in this thread is concern trolling..

it's one thing to be working towards a goal... but when that goal is arbitrarily reaching a number on a scale by any means necessary, things are called into question.

the way you describe your day-to-day - always tired, passing out... that just doesn't sound like a way to live.

Have you had blood work lately as well as what are your normal vitals? I think many, including myself, are assuming that you are putting your health at risk based on the picture and the fact that you talk about being very tired later in the day. Whatever you want to do with your body is a personal choice and I respect your decision. But I would suggest getting blood work to make sure that it is not at the detriment of your health or you might regret it at a later time.

By no means are people trying to be purposeful dicks to you taz, I just think u need a more concrete goal than a number. And this is coming from someone who is 305 right now and in offseason and pushin it....

i understand wanting to hit 275 offseason so you’re 220 lean. Or I can understand 275 because you’ll be close to your 600lb squat. But just 275 to be 275 is ??? I mean u could get there by eating ice cream all day right? Why not do that?

Here are a few thoughts for the OP:

1) Your Dr said: "BP didnt even raise an eyebrow"
- At your size/weight I think you need to find a new Doctor. Although it's not high he at least should have said "hey bud, keep an eye on your BP and do some cardio"

2) From your pic you not only seem to be carrying a lot of sub Q fat as well as a fair amount of visceral fat. I would highly recommend you get your fasted insulin and A1C checked (and of course lipids, triglycerides, and other labs)

3) You mentioned you have a wife and 4 kids. Is trying to get to 285 because you want to "enjoy" things a good idea? When you're 285 and feeling like shit you certainly won't being enjoying family stuff even if you're enjoying time in the gym again.

4) Do you wear a CPAP? You look like a prime candidate for having sleep apnea.

5) In a recent post on this thread you said you want to "be the strongest and fastest 210lb'er in my division" by spring/summer. Are you planning on getting to 285 between now and Xmas and then start cutting? Makes no sense IMO.

6) Not to bring up a sore subject but how did your friend die? If it was health related then being 289 maybe wasn't a good choice for him and it could be telling you something.

Not trying to be a dick but just my thoughts. You've been around since 04 so I assume you know that the members here will give you a straight shoot.

Taz answer me something brother, when you look in the mirror do you think you look good?

Strip that off. Please don’t get any bigger. This isn’t an insult you look unhealthy. Your wrists and hands shouldn’t look like that. No need to get any bigger. Get leaner. Do cardio

This, I respect anyone doing what they want to do, but I would say your harming your health and your probably not going to enjoy the long road to get to a manageable body fat. I personally hate long diets by the end I feel exhausted. I'd get some bloodwork ASAP. Why did you have to stop the MMA? That was probably the best thing in the world for you (health wise), the cardio.

I came back to this thread. Those pictures are scary. I’ve heard of holding water Or swollen ankles and it’s never happend to me so I never really thought much of it.
In all seriousness this is a mental thought are your kidneys and liver functioning properly it looks like your not expelling water. I’d go the doctor ASAP. Or get some kind of diuretic and not something crazy either try like dandelion root or something mild man.

Most of the guys here arent being jerks and do care about the health of members. You do really look to be holding a lot of water, and you said that you are like that all the time. You havent mentioned what your PED usage is like. Im thinking it might be a good time for you to rethink some of your use there and make some changes. Diet too of course. Being big and strong is fun but it isnt worth it if you end up hurting yourself doing it. I worry about your heart for one thing. Your BP wasnt terrible and I think that is classified as boarderline high blood pressure, but I would still want to get that down. Definitely dont let it creep up. If youre not on much now and plan on using more PEDs, that BP will definitely go up and be in an unhealthy range.

You can weigh less than you do now and be just as strong by losing some BF. I did it once and felt a lot better for it. I had bulked up to 260 lbs and then slimmed down to 230 lbs and was actually stronger in all my lifts. Its the way for you to go at this point. Lose about 30 lbs and get down to 240 lbs. Then you will have that 20 or 30 lbs buffer you can use to bulk up later on if you want to again and be even stronger but retain your health.

I was not complaining. I was informing for context. Yes, i have had my hands looked at. And I see my dr probably more regularly than most people. Ever since I was boxing they have been this way. Both have been broken several times. But other than when I cut lots of weight for a tournament, I always have swollen thick hands. Just what it is.

And yes, I am aware it is not just water. Yes, I added lots of fat. I am chasing a number. Why does that bother you? I appreciate what you are saying but you are missing the point of what I am doing and why. I appreciate the input though and respect your opinion.

At first when I saw your hands I was worried re potential heart failure issues, are your ankles swollen?

There is a condition where after injury there is fluid encapsulated it's most common in either the hands or feet... If you have very swollen ankles and tiredness definitely get checked out, drop bodyweight.

If not you may have sleep apnea? Or you may just need to drop the dose a bit , running heaps of gear will make you tired also heavy orals will make you tired try dropping either a bit and see how you go.

All the best!

Just a thought, and I mean no disrespect at all.

Your other recent thread was about loss of libido:

No offense, but has it occurred to you that the increased pounds you are packing on, and the increased bodyfat percentage, are partially to blame for your lack of libido? If you are constantly feeling sleepy and like you're about to pass out, that is not a prelude to great sex.

I know that for me personally, weighing a muscular 272 lbs made a lot of things more difficult in my life, although I loved the extra strength in the gym. But one thing it didn't make harder was my cock. My libido and erectile function were always better when I cut down the weight, and I was leaner and more vascular. My cock worked better at 245 than 265, and even better at 225. You don't want to be really low in bodyfat levels, like pre-contest, as that takes it's toll on your libido as well (then you fantasize about food, not sex LOL.) But reasonably lean and muscular, 8-10% bodyfat, my cock always worked better, and my libido was good.

I completely understand that you are doing this as a one time thing, and it's laudable that you are paying tribute to your friend. But it's taking it's toll on your health and other important areas of life.

I think your friend would want you to be happy and healthy. So do what makes you happy. We all love to blast up big weight in the gym. And it's great to set goals for yourself and crush them. So do what you feel is best.

But I think your wife and kids would like it even more if you are healthy and around to have fun with them for the next few decades.

Everyone’s already stated the major health issues that seem to be going on. From a purely bodybuilding perspective though, if you are afraid of losing size..... bodybuilding isn’t a weight gaining contest. Sadly it’s somewhat turned into “let’s see if I can get to 300lbs” rather than “let’s see how good I can make myself look” and people end up getting totally caught up in chasing a goal that ironically, usually makes them look worse and less impressive. Don’t chase weight-gain.

Let me start by saying I totally agree with what everyone is saying from a health stand point. The first thing I noticed was his hands.

Now from what I understand he just wants to get to 275 on the scale, maybe take a pic lol and start dieting to lose weight. He has 3 pounds more to go.
He is doing it in the memory of his friend that past away and it obviously means something to him. Not to compete or look a certain way or get even bigger or stronger then that.

I do agree that you should drop some water weight before moving forward though.

to be honest ... man, don't kid yourself you're just super fat ... plus you hold a ton of water, here you have to drop 60 pounds (30 fat and another 30 water) what you do has nothing to do with bodybuilding. Your insulin sensitivity and metabolism give a shit. Water retention is enormous and puts a lot of pressure on the heart and other bodies. Cool it on if your goal is to be just a fat ass but you won't impress anyone with that. Get hold of yourself and start going in the right direction, cut that fucking fat to zero and then start all over again because at this point your 270 pounds is an illusion and in fact, under this shell of fat and water there is maybe 200 pounds.

Don't get it wrong but I'm honest and I wrote it just to make you see it and for your good

With your BF, picking the right drugs and diet you could drop plenty of fat and hold on to all of your muscle. Hell run some dry drugs and clean up your diet. Cut to 15% BF. You won’t risk any tissue.

And if you don’t want to do DNP just run moderate test, some tren or DHB, and anavar is nice. There’s studies showing more trunk fat loss with anavar than any other AAS.

And get on the bike or elliptical and get that water off. Like now. Today.

to be honest ... man, don't kid yourself you're just super fat ... plus you hold a ton of water, here you have to drop 60 pounds (30 fat and another 30 water) what you do has nothing to do with bodybuilding. Your insulin sensitivity and metabolism give a shit. Water retention is enormous and puts a lot of pressure on the heart and other bodies. Cool it on if your goal is to be just a fat ass but you won't impress anyone with that. Get hold of yourself and start going in the right direction, cut that fucking fat to zero and then start all over again because at this point your 270 pounds is an illusion and in fact, under this shell of fat and water there is maybe 200 pounds.

Don't get it wrong but I'm honest and I wrote it just to make you see it and for your good

Agreed. At this BF %, there is literally no way of telling how much muscle you're actually carrying. Since your BF % is so high right now I'd also guess you to end up even under 200 lbs when reasonably BB lean. (not even contest lean) I constantly see people chase numbers, be it on the scale or on the bar but these numbers really don't matter much, if at all. It's a visual sport, not a numbers contest.

This is not me hating at you or your goal at all, if you want to be 275 at all costs and that is what makes you happy...then you should go for it. But it's both not looking too pleasing and probably very unhealthy already right now so why do it? Just my opinion.

I wish you the best whatever route you choose to follow but try to be safe as well.

I have no problem with this. Taz wants to make one last run at it, I say go for it. My goal was 300lbs, I hit 305 in my 30s. I was big, strong as fuck and mission accomplished. Did I look great? Absolutely not. But training DC at the time, I didnt care I just wanted to move big weight and beat the logbook every damn time.
Those were some of the best times of life when it comes to the gym. No regrets.

Taz do your thing man, enjoy the training and the food right now, there’s nothing like a straight up bulk run. Once you get your fix though, it’s time to get healthy and back down to a more normal size.
My plan would be to gain slow and stay healthy.

Dude, you are obviously super insulin resistant...anything you will “gain” will be fat.

you need to strip a lot of fat just to be capable of gaining muscle at this point.

happened to me once! Was bed ridden for several months due to rebuilding my spine

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic