YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Im shooting for 275lbs before end of year - so far....

taz

Registered
Since i am unable to do Jiu Jitsu right now I decided to go hardcore back into bodybuilding and heavy lifting. I figured I would change my goal for the time and just get as big and strong as possible. So next year when I drop back down I will be a much more muscular version of what I was.

So, after some help with my buddy Blue, I started going heavy with my training. Right now I train 3x's a week. My recovery is a bit slower at 46yrs old but its manageable. When I started with my training it was October 27 and I weighed in at 258.
As of today I am 272. Much of the weight is water but I have noticed I am FAR FAR stronger. I am tired as shit every day though. I mean like, can't keep my eyes open - pass out where I am sitting - exhausted tired. Once i get the second wind then I can go train later at night.

Ill attach some pics to show where I am right now. But I am loving the journey so far. And I (SHOULD) be able to hit 275 by New Years. I did recently add some cardio work into my training though to help with pulling some of the excess water weight off. I got Shrek feet right now, lol

Attachments

• IMG_8814.jpg
    IMG_8814.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_8816.jpg
    IMG_8816.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_8862.JPG
    IMG_8862.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 362
You definitely need to get rid of some of the water your holding. Good luck with your goals, stay safe.

Whats the goal taz? Are you just trying to be big and strong...powerlifter style?
Bodybuilding physique? Strongman look? At a certain point i wouldn't try to chase a number when your bf% is high.

imo get that water off you! if it were me that would be wrecking my blood pressure.
imo, if you got lean you would look 10x as impressive.
imo, bf% doesnt have to be much higher than 10-14% to be somewhat comfortable and make gainzzz
ur def in beast mode tho!
-F

so the blood pressure taken last week (137/92) was slightly elevated, but not bad and didnt even raise an eyebrow from my Dr.

As for what I am looking to do? Honestly I am just looking to enjoy training again. I never plan on trying to get on a stage and my knees would never hold up for a strongman type thing after 18 yrs in Muay Thai. Not to mention my back being just awful over the years.
I am trying to hit 275 because my old training partner, who sadly passed away 16yrs ago, used to dare me to get that big. I never took it seriously because I was never able to get beyond 250 when I was younger. With the anniversary of his passing coming up January 10th I figured this year would be the only logical time I would ever be able to commit to just lifting and training hard. Once MMA and BJJ schools open full time again I will be doing that 3 times a week and lifting probably only once or twice max.
The ultimate goal would be to be a stronger, more explosive athlete when I do take my body back down to the 220 range again.

Fack your hands look like they would be painful to use lol.

always been an issue. Even off gear, my hands are always or have always been pretty swollen. Other than putting gloves on, they work pretty good otherwise, lol.

always been an issue. Even off gear, my hands are always or have always been pretty swollen. Other than putting gloves on, they work pretty good otherwise, lol.

Reminds me of that super hero with hammers for hands lol.

I get what your doing man. You might want to take a step back, to take 2 steps forward.

Could be as simple as dropping a few pounds in the next week and shooting for your weight goal with 4 weeks in December.

Doesn't everyone gain atleast 10 pounds during Xmas anyways lol.

Like you said, you want to enjoy the training again. I wouldn't focus so much on gaining weight if you don't need to but instead focus on enjoying training. And, I agree with the others, drop some water weight with some cardio. Your BP might be good now but how will it look at 275?

Bro let's be honest that ain't just water lol

The edema in your hands is a bit concerning, though? Have you ever had it looked at?

Think about it this way, you're complaining about feeling like shit, but you're holding lots of extra weight. No small wonder, but you want to get bigger, as in chasing a weight, but expect to feel better? You're at a point now where your body is gladly adding muscle AND fat, i guarantee if you cut down to a reasonable percentage, your ratio of fat to muscle with your gains will sway in your direction much more favorably

The edema in your hands is a bit concerning, though? Have you ever had it looked at?

Think about it this way, you're complaining about feeling like shit, but you're holding lots of extra weight. No small wonder, but you want to get bigger, as in chasing a weight, but expect to feel better? You're at a point now where your body is gladly adding muscle AND fat, i guarantee if you cut down to a reasonable percentage, your ratio of fat to muscle with your gains will sway in your direction much more favorably
Dude fat is like 99% water brah

Definitely cut back down to 240 and assess.

Test/low tren/and or anavar with 20 days low dnp.

Why stop at 275 though? You could be 350 if you really pound the calories.

cant tell if you are being sarcastic and flippant or sincere.

If you are being sincere, Andy was 289 when we trained together. I randomly said to him one day that I had no desire to get to his size (it was just too big and I could see his struggle at that weight), BUT, I had always said, "balls, id be happy to be 275". Why 275? I don't know. It just came out of my mouth.
Call it mental weakness, call it being overly sensitive, or just feeling my own mortality in some way. But I spent a great deal of time this year remembering him and our workouts and our friendship in general. It was forged in iron. He was my best friend. My brother. And so this small, probably in some people's eyes, stupid gesture, makes me feel tributary in a way. Im holding up my end.

Could I get that big? Maybe. Doubtful. I wouldn't want to eat that way and I am not particularly comfortable as it is at this weight on the daily. I love training again though. I truly and totally enjoy going to the gym again like I did when I was 22. I get a nervous energy running through me.

I don't know what else to tell you. I decided to share this part of my life so I accept that I will have some people, and maybe it isn't you and I read that wrong, who will decide to use this opportunity to take shots at me or be snarky. That's ok. I opened up. Im a big enough boy to handle it.

Do I ever want to "posedown" or compete in a show? No. Am I worried about how my abs are going to look, or not look? Nope. I am married 17yrs now with 4 kids. Not worried about looking good at the beach anymore. I train because my passion is ignited. And for years that passion was in MMA, Muay Thai, and BJJ. But now its back. And I am very happy to be enjoying this again.

I was not complaining. I was informing for context. Yes, i have had my hands looked at. And I see my dr probably more regularly than most people. Ever since I was boxing they have been this way. Both have been broken several times. But other than when I cut lots of weight for a tournament, I always have swollen thick hands. Just what it is.

And yes, I am aware it is not just water. Yes, I added lots of fat. I am chasing a number. Why does that bother you? I appreciate what you are saying but you are missing the point of what I am doing and why. I appreciate the input though and respect your opinion.

Definitely cut back down to 240 and assess.

Test/low tren/and or anavar with 20 days low dnp.

Tren scares the crap out of me. I had bad reactions when I took it many years ago. Once I reach the goal I will actually be dropping back down to 220. I compete in BJJ tournaments in the light heavies which tops out, depending on the promotor, between 212 and 215.

This spring/summer I want to be the strongest and fastest 210lb'er in my division. This is a short term experiment for posterity sake and a way for me to homage to a fallen friend.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read my post, comment, and for all your suggestions. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family, friends, and associates. Stay healthy and stay safe. I respect you all tremendously.

I have no problem with this. Taz wants to make one last run at it, I say go for it. My goal was 300lbs, I hit 305 in my 30s. I was big, strong as fuck and mission accomplished. Did I look great? Absolutely not. But training DC at the time, I didnt care I just wanted to move big weight and beat the logbook every damn time.
Those were some of the best times of life when it comes to the gym. No regrets.

Taz do your thing man, enjoy the training and the food right now, there’s nothing like a straight up bulk run. Once you get your fix though, it’s time to get healthy and back down to a more normal size.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear