over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I'm Still Boiling

If i was the butcher i would have climbed over the counter and knocked all of your teeth out of your rude mouth
!
Or needed the money and found your own teeth on the floor to put under your pillow.

Off topic but why do u live in Baja, Mexico? Is that area dangerous now with all the killings over there and drug cartels (prob why the long wait at the border).
Yes it is and I have had a few problems especially when I have had a few to many drinks late at night and then find myself 40 miles from home in TJ looking for whores. But I've been down here for 15 yrs and love it..It might be corrupt but you don't have all the silly laws that the states have IE: must turn on yourr headlights if your wipers are going..Jesus have they ever heard of washing your windshield during the light of the day..Did I really need that ticket cause my light weren't on..

I agree with you guys on this one, to the rest of you T.O.M. is just VENTING his frustrations here HE DID NOT SAY HE WAS RIGHT OR WRONG, He's just VENTING! Can't he come here and do that without you guys getting all judgemental on his ass?????????????????????????

AMEN!

Let me add to the story …About 2 weeks ago I’m watching TV late at night and come across one of those paid ads..It is for the “Ninja Blender” buy one get one free and not available in any stores . I want one so the next morning I order it..

I call my dear old mother and tell her what I did and that I’ll bring her the extra Thanksgiving day when I come..I receive the item about 3 days later..

So I’m on instant messenger with her and she ask me if that blender is a Ninja..I tell her yes and she says that the day before she is at sam’s club and they have them for $49 and that it comes with two extra bowls with lids..

Now with shipping I paid $97 and I only get 1 bowl and at sam’s you get 3.. So this past Wed prior to the grocery store incident I’m on the phone contacting Ninja to tell them their ad was mis-leading and that I want the 2 additional bowls for ea set..That would be 4 more bowls with lids..

Guess what guys..I get the number directly from the web site..I make the call from San Diego via a pay phone..After about a 15 minute wait some girl from probably India answers and I can’t understand a fucking word she is saying. So I do my best to explain my problem..she then tells me that I have the wrong dept and she will transfer me..I’m on hold another 19 minutes and finally transferred..Guess what this lady says or you have the wrong dept. and I’ll transfer you..So now I’m getting frustrated..I wait another 11 minutes and finally get another customer representative only for hewr to tell me wrong dept..and that she will transfer me..

Now I finally say fuck it and hang up and decide I will place a hold on the two remaining payments to them..I bought it using the three payment deal instead all at once. So now I enter Von’s and I’m already pissed off from sitting on the phone for over 55 minutes for nothing and then have some asshole treat me like I was some stooge from planet fuckhead…It just didn’t sit in..

99% of you here don’t know me personally but a few have been here to my house and know that it takes a lot to set me off.

One thing i've learned in the rooms of AA is i cannot control others actions, i can only control mine, and i'm learning to respond and not react. Easier said than done, but when you let others silly and rude actions get to you, then they have 'power' over you, best way to combat that is to be calm and smile, but like i said, easier said than done.

It's easy for us to judge based on a few written words when we don't know what TOM has going on in his life, and were not there in the situation to see how things unfolded.

:)

Or needed the money and found your own teeth on the floor to put under your pillow.

lol.. i hope you realized by the end of my post i was just kidding

If it were me.. i wouldnt be worried about 3 bowls.. and i sure as hell wouldnt wait that long from a pay phone to try and get them... Ive learned to shrug that little stuff off.. but then again we all have our feelings of whats little stuff and whats not

Wow, this thread was 6mins. of my life I can never get back. I think this needs to be in the definition of the cry baby thread. Let it go. The butcher was wrong, the lady was wrong, and t.o.m. was wrong. And to still be dwelling over it is even more wrong. IMO.

I, unfortunately, relate to T.O.M.'s feelings. I have had to work hard over the last few years to protect myself from the effects of these "incidents".

I still fail. Its's tough, but I am light years better than I was. I agree one hundred percent with Ivan's sentiments.

We can't help the fact that random things will happen to us that seem unfair. Sounds cliche, but its true, we can only control our response. I have been doing a lot better by smiling and laughing to myself during most of these type incidents. I can think whatever I want, but on the outside people just see a smile and laughter. They don't realize why I'm laughing. While this does not negate my initial negative thoughts it short circuits them quickly and allows me to move on.

I will not allow people to disturb the peace in my head. Alcohol, is allowed to on occasion, however.:)

Hang in there Tough.

Reminds me of the story of the two Zen Buddhist monks who came to a stream, which was pretty rough, and encountered a beautiful young woman, who couldn't swim and who asked them to carry her across it.

The young woman said, "The stream is flooded. I really can't swim. Will you help me across?" The young monk was horrified at her request and replied, "No madam I'm sorry, we're sworn to chastity and I can't carry you across the stream. I can't touch a woman. I can't do it." The old monk thought for a minute and then he said, "I'll help you." So he took this beautiful young woman in his arms, and he carried her across the stream. She thanked him much and they both went on.

The two monks continued walking along in silence for a mile or two and then then the young monk couldn't take it any longer and he scolded the old monk's unchaste behavior. He said, "How could you do a horrible thing like that? Take this beautiful young woman in your arms, and carry her across the stream like that?" And the old monk said, "My son, I put her down a long time ago; you're still carrying her."

Reminds me of the story of the two Zen Buddhist monks who came to a stream, which was pretty rough, and encountered a beautiful young woman, who couldn't swim and who asked them to carry her across it.

The young woman said, "The stream is flooded. I really can't swim. Will you help me across?" The young monk was horrified at her request and replied, "No madam I'm sorry, we're sworn to chastity and I can't carry you across the stream. I can't touch a woman. I can't do it." The old monk thought for a minute and then he said, "I'll help you." So he took this beautiful young woman in his arms, and he carried her across the stream. She thanked him much and they both went on.

The two monks continued walking along in silence for a mile or two and then then the young monk couldn't take it any longer and he scolded the old monk's unchaste behavior. He said, "How could you do a horrible thing like that? Take this beautiful young woman in your arms, and carry her across the stream like that?" And the old monk said, "My son, I put her down a long time ago; you're still carrying her."
Good one Shelby..

Now to some of the guys..Maybe I should have re-worded my post..I don''t think I was still mad but just had it in my head what had happened..I wasn't crazy when I got home but every once in a while it popped up in my head..When things like this happen to me I try to trace back what happened and how i can avoid it next time..Sure throwing the steak was wrong but all of you that think I'm a misfit for doing such are probably the ones who say 500mg of test is to much when you do more but afraid to say so..Come on tell it like it is..I'm sure everyone on this board has got pissed off and threw something whether it be at your house or somewhere else..Shit there are probably a few of you that might have really gone off on the guy..Shit I never said anyone other words to the butcher aftre he told me to get them out of the counter..I calmly walked over to the counter, grabbed the last 2 packages and toss them over the counter..There wasn't even a person in site back there when I did that..I was walking away when the mgr came out and ask me what was wrong.

I, unfortunately, relate to T.O.M.'s feelings. I have had to work hard over the last few years to protect myself from the effects of these "incidents".

I still fail. Its's tough, but I am light years better than I was. I agree one hundred percent with Ivan's sentiments.

We can't help the fact that random things will happen to us that seem unfair. Sounds cliche, but its true, we can only control our response. I have been doing a lot better by smiling and laughing to myself during most of these type incidents. I can think whatever I want, but on the outside people just see a smile and laughter. They don't realize why I'm laughing. While this does not negate my initial negative thoughts it short circuits them quickly and allows me to move on.

I will not allow people to disturb the peace in my head. Alcohol, is allowed to on occasion, however.:)

Hang in there Tough.

PW, me too. Although I have mellowed out A LOT since am older :)

For example, one incident, which was not funny at the time, but I laugh now… I was alone in my office years ago. I had a Epson color printer which I detested with a passion. It was one of those impossible pieces of shit that if you looked at it wrong or did not do the 2,456 steps in the proper sequence, it would not print properly. So one day, I had had enough, I unplugged it and promptly threw it across the room where it met the 100 year old, 10" thick plaster walls of my office building. It gave me great satisfaction to watch it explode into 1,000 pieces. :) (BTW I am self employed so I could get away with that)

Did he have a right to be mad? Of course...
Did he have to throw meat like a 9 year old? lol no..

If i was the butcher i would have climbed over the counter and knocked all of your teeth out of your rude mouth, I would have then drug your lifeless body behind the counter and cut you the fuck up into steaks and sold you to the next loud mouth mother f'er that got under my skin.. customer service with a toothless smile buddy

bwhahaha...that shit cracked me up for some reason

TOM

You know what else? That shit you described when you were trying to get the bowls from the blender company makes me mad too. They gave you the run around, that is what they do -- they put you on hold forever, hoping that you will just give up, and if you are still holding they will keep transferring you -- think about it; how hard would it be for them to give you the right dept? Its what they are trained to do, keep you holding and bouncing all around until you just say fuck it. If you do perservere, eventually they would have prob got you to the right dept after they cycled you thru a few times. Then you prob would have got the bowls. Its all on purpose. They KNOW their ad is misleading, they are greedy scum. They figure that perhaps 30% of the consumers will realize they got screwed, however, prob about 15% will take the time to call them up and complain. Next they do the run-around trick, and prob about 3% are actually willing to brave that gauntlet of bullshit. And if that 3% does get to the right dept., they will prob say there is nothing they can do -- and only 1-2% of that 3% is going to then raise a little more hell so that FINALLY they company dept rep will say "I'm really sorry about this, just give me your address and we will have those sent out to you sir" Then after a few months you might get them. They set it up like that so that you have to navigate your way through a series of obstacles to get what you ultimately want. And they satisfy these rare ppl b/c they are the ones that they worry will make a stink about it enough to where it might hurt them. They figure anyone that is willing to go through all that trouble for a few bowls might also be so determined to be a real thorn in their side. I HATE when companies like that pull this shit.

And PW -- yeah man I hear you all too well. It is like you have to build this 'system' in your emotional response/react area, so that you can identify the triggers and like you said, "short-circuit" them so you will not explode. The more times you succeed in preventing an outburst/scene, the better you become at managing it. It is just self-realization and introspection at work. And a lot of ppl fail at it. It is not easy when you are someone that has a low tolerance for bullshit, but damn it makes you so much stronger when you can laugh it off, and I do that too. Now if only I could do this when I am driving lol! :eek:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131