over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Immune System Boosters

ericraven2003

Registered
What would be the absolute best supplements for boosting immune system?
I normally add immunglobulin this time of year but pricing has gone thru the roof and my insurance doesnt cover it.
Thanks

in for responses, i have a terrible immune system and am currently getting over a nearly 1 month flu right now that my wife and kids got over in like 4 days... This is a yearly thing for me and I take heavy zinc, vitamin C, and other supporting supps this time of year with little help. Having some immunoglobin blood tests done as soon as i'm healthy again and off antibiotics. Seriously hellish how sick I get in the fall/winter months.

Sleep -- This is the most important factor
Vitamin C
Zinc
Things that raise glutathione (NAC, whey protein)

the following bases should be covered first an I am assuming they are:
probiotics
digestive enzymes
multi vit
efa sup (fishoil/krill oil/PEO's whatever your preference)
D3 level checked and optimized
curcumin
clear of any underlying medical conditions

if all of the has been in place long enough to know you still have issues there is simply nothing that provides a stronger immune strengthening response than Low Dose Naltrexone , plenty of research out there with simple Google search

Medicial mushrooms,inj curc/res/glut/SOD

Kratom.

Look into oregano oil. I use to get sick all the time, then I heard about this and it did wonders for me. I have the caps, I heard the oil burns.

I have tried those colostrum powders with higher concentrations of immunoglobulins, but from all of the research I did.. it seems that they largely don't work orally. Most of the colostrum is largely destroyed. The growth factors don't really go systemic either unfortunately.

Oregano oil is fantastic for infections that it can actually reach. Higher carvacol content is what seems to be the constituent that gives most benefit. Taken orally, I believe its benefits are limited to the intestines, mouth, throat etc.

I do use an oregano spray for my nose called SinuOrega. It is a water extract that burns slightly ( a good satisfying burn). I feel that is one of the best ways to prevent infections in the first place. Rather than playing catch up later by boosting the immune system, it is much more effective to clean the sinuses and throat when you feel compromised. Don't allow pathogens to replicate or attach to receptors.

Along the same lines of thinking is a tea that coats the throat such as Throat Comfort tea or Throat Coat tea. They have licorice root which is an antiviral. Different herbs like marshmallow root, slippery elm. The benefit here is that it helps coat the throat and also helps kill pathogens. Using the sinus spray in conjunction with this tea seems to protect the main target points for infection.

Regarding INTERNAL systemic immune system boosting...

I believe in AHCC (look it up). Mushrooms as an earlier poster stated. Beta 1,3 glucan supplements do work in my opinion.

7-keto spray seems effective as well because of the added beta-androstenetriol (3b,7b,17b) 3-acetate in it. Seems to really upregulate immune response.

Olive leaf extract.

NAC plus theanine in studies has been shown to keep the immune systems up in athletes... strenuous exercise did not seem to drop their immunity.

Raw garlic crushed up and eaten in salsa or on foods is great too. NOT cooked. That destroys the allicin and other beneficial compounds.

Vitamin D3 5000 to 10000 iu with vitamin A and some magnesium.

Resveratrol/Curcmin seems to lower the immune system so I avoid taking those things during the winter season personally.

I have tried those colostrum powders with higher concentrations of immunoglobulins, but from all of the research I did.. it seems that they largely don't work orally. Most of the colostrum is largely destroyed. The growth factors don't really go systemic either unfortunately.

Oregano oil is fantastic for infections that it can actually reach. Higher carvacol content is what seems to be the constituent that gives most benefit. Taken orally, I believe its benefits are limited to the intestines, mouth, throat etc.

I do use an oregano spray for my nose called SinuOrega. It is a water extract that burns slightly ( a good satisfying burn). I feel that is one of the best ways to prevent infections in the first place. Rather than playing catch up later by boosting the immune system, it is much more effective to clean the sinuses and throat when you feel compromised. Don't allow pathogens to replicate or attach to receptors.

Along the same lines of thinking is a tea that coats the throat such as Throat Comfort tea or Throat Coat tea. They have licorice root which is an antiviral. Different herbs like marshmallow root, slippery elm. The benefit here is that it helps coat the throat and also helps kill pathogens. Using the sinus spray in conjunction with this tea seems to protect the main target points for infection.

I believe in AHCC (look it up). Mushrooms as an earlier poster stated. Beta 1,3 glucan supplements do work in my opinion.

7-keto spray seems effective as well because of the added beta-androstenetriol (3b,7b,17b) 3-acetate in it. Seems to really upregulate immune response.

Olive leaf extract.

NAC plus theanine in studies has been shown to keep the immune systems up in athletes... strenuous exercise did not seem to drop their immunity.

Raw garlic crushed up and eaten in salsa or on foods is great too. NOT cooked. That destroys the allicin and other beneficial compounds.

Resveratrol/Curcmin seems to lower the immune system so I avoid taking those things during the winter season personally.

Wow great info. Where did u get the Oregno spray from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olive leaf extract.

nac works via glutathione
yes theanine is great but theanine is only gona assist with immune via neurotransmitters I think.

I would love to know how res and curc lower immune function. lol
seeing as res also works via glut enhancement.

:star-w:rs

nac works via glutathione
yes theanine is great but theanine is only gona assist with immune via neurotransmitters I think.

I would love to know how res and curc lower immune function. lol
seeing as res also works via glut enhancement.

:star-w:rs

Res and Curc have many benefits. I've been using inj. Curc and resv from Animal several years ago.. I still use such things for specific purposes but here is the info.

Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway
Sharma S, Clin Exp Immunol. 2007 Jan;147(1):155-63
Resveratrol Stimulates Cortisol Biosynthesis by Activating SIRT-Dependent Deacetylation of P450scc

"The most striking findings were that both resveratrol and curcumin suppressed the activity of T and B cells and macrophages, as evidenced by significant inhibition in proliferation, antibody production and lymphokine secretion. Interestingly, curcumin imparted immunosuppression by mainly down-regulating the expression of CD28 and CD80 and up-regulating CTLA-4. Resveratrol also functioned by decreasing the expression of CD28 and CD80, as well as by augmenting the production of interleukin (IL)-10."

Resveratrol Stimulates Cortisol Biosynthesis by Activating SIRT-Dependent Deacetylation of P450scc
Donghui Li, Endocrinology July 1, 2012 vol. 153 no. 7 3258-3268
Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway. - PubMed - NCBI

"By modulating cortisol production, resveratrol may act to modulate glucocorticoid-dependent physiological processes. Of note, resveratrol has been found to act as an immunosuppressant."

Both resveratrol and curcumin suppress:

-the proliferation of T cells and secretion of IFN-γ and IL-4;

-the proliferation of B cells and production of IgG1 and IgG2a isotypes;

- proinflammatory cytokines (IL-1, IL-6, TNF-α) but enhances the levels of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10;

-both resveratrol and curcumin down-regulates the expression of CD80 and CD28;

-curcumin but not resveratrol up-regulates the expression of CTLA-4; and

-both curcumin and resveratrol fail to modulate CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells and expression of CD40.

Wow great info. Where did u get the Oregno spray from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansons online has it,Iherb as well.. but it is also sold at Lassens and other stores like Vitamin Shoppe.

The company who makes it is reputable and it really is a good product. Noticeable reduction in infections after I started employing this a few years ago. I have one at home and I keep one with me at work (I know it seems like a hassle but in my mind it is equal to washing your hands after touching something dirty).

**broken link removed**

I haven't been having any issues in few years with getting colds or sick and been consistent with taking 5000-10,000iu D3 day and 200mg idebenone and 1/2 dropper of 250,000 scoville cayenne tincture.

Resveratrol/Curcumin I do take , but not consistently so don't think its them, but do they have many health benefits.

I haven't had any colds or been sick in last few years being consistent with taking 5,000-10,000iu D3 and 200mg Idebenone day and 1/2 dropper of 250,00 Scoville cayenne tincture.

I do take Resveratrol/Curcumin, but not consistently so don't think its that. I do think they have other benefits.

I also use a food grade hydrogen peroxide nasal spray 2% during cold flu season to prevent sinus infections.;) Actually think this may be a secret to some of the success.

Last edited:
Res and Curc have many benefits. I've been using inj. Curc and resv from Animal several years ago.. I still use such things for specific purposes but here is the info.

Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway
Sharma S, Clin Exp Immunol. 2007 Jan;147(1):155-63

"The most striking findings were that both resveratrol and curcumin suppressed the activity of T and B cells and macrophages, as evidenced by significant inhibition in proliferation, antibody production and lymphokine secretion. Interestingly, curcumin imparted immunosuppression by mainly down-regulating the expression of CD28 and CD80 and up-regulating CTLA-4. Resveratrol also functioned by decreasing the expression of CD28 and CD80, as well as by augmenting the production of interleukin (IL)-10."

Donghui Li, Endocrinology July 1, 2012 vol. 153 no. 7 3258-3268
Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway. - PubMed - NCBI

"By modulating cortisol production, resveratrol may act to modulate glucocorticoid-dependent physiological processes. Of note, resveratrol has been found to act as an immunosuppressant."

Both resveratrol and curcumin suppress:

-the proliferation of T cells and secretion of IFN-γ and IL-4;

-the proliferation of B cells and production of IgG1 and IgG2a isotypes;

- proinflammatory cytokines (IL-1, IL-6, TNF-α) but enhances the levels of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10;

-both resveratrol and curcumin down-regulates the expression of CD80 and CD28;

-curcumin but not resveratrol up-regulates the expression of CTLA-4; and

-both curcumin and resveratrol fail to modulate CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells and expression of CD40.

well, if you have been using stuff from A then you must know who I am... lol

and seeing as I don't know who you are, that kinda says something... lol

you be making some pretty big jumps based on those links to actually say for real that either res or curc in real life do suppress the immune system.

we all know that res has never been show to actually active sirt-1 in human or mouse studies. we all know that ptero HAS been shown to activate sirt-1 in mouse studies. we also know that in real world res has by far ore action the ptero.

most see to miss the fact that we really have NO idea what we are doing in real life and it is just an assumption.

that said, in a nutshell what is part of the theory behind res???

activate sirt1... when is sirt 1 activated in real life?
when callories dip below 35% of requirements for extended times, starvation!
wtf is starvation??? hardship! stress!
the idea is res activaes sirt 1. what are we kinda saying... that res turns on our stress response, in my experience over time res has seemed to some degree to induce a good stress environment, meaning you are on the ready, starved=aware of opportunity from an evolutionary perspective, with res, we are on the ready, super slin sensitive, eyes focused and ready to take advantage of opportunity!

could stress hormone production be part of it? sure.

have I seen one blood test to indicate production of stress hormone?

NO!

lol

if youre form animals site you better know full n well to be ready to have more then some obscure research study to back up what you say. lol

this may be romper room over here, but the hall monitors ARE watching. lol

:p

I haven't been having any issues in few years with getting colds or sick and been consistent with taking 5000-10,000iu D3 day and 200mg idebenone and 1/2 dropper of 250,000 scoville cayenne tincture.

Resveratrol/Curcumin I do take , but not consistently so don't think its them, but do they have many health benefits.

I have failed res experiments sitting around that A sent me more then a year ago... if people have trouble with the good ones, imagine wtf these are like :eek: lol.

that said, even though adding .3cc to 1cc of painless oil results in lumps and kotts half the time, I STILL try n keep on a little.

been off glut n sod for the longest time in a while and just a lil res goes a very long way in terms of actual health and day to day wellness.

well, if you have been using stuff from A then you must know who I am... lol

and seeing as I don't know who you are, that kinda says something... lol

you be making some pretty big jumps based on those links to actually say for real that either res or curc in real life do suppress the immune system.

we all know that res has never been show to actually active sirt-1 in human or mouse studies. we all know that ptero HAS been shown to activate sirt-1 in mouse studies. we also know that in real world res has by far ore action the ptero.

most see to miss the fact that we really have NO idea what we are doing in real life and it is just an assumption.

that said, in a nutshell what is part of the theory behind res???

activate sirt1... when is sirt 1 activated in real life?
when callories dip below 35% of requirements for extended times, starvation!
wtf is starvation??? hardship! stress!
the idea is res activaes sirt 1. what are we kinda saying... that res turns on our stress response, in my experience over time res has seemed to some degree to induce a good stress environment, meaning you are on the ready, starved=aware of opportunity from an evolutionary perspective, with res, we are on the ready, super slin sensitive, eyes focused and ready to take advantage of opportunity!

could stress hormone production be part of it? sure.

have I seen one blood test to indicate production of stress hormone?

NO!

lol

if youre form animals site you better know full n well to be ready to have more then some obscure research study to back up what you say. lol

this may be romper room over here, but the hall monitors ARE watching. lol

:p

I was going to say the same thing about Resv, but I do think Petero actually does though based on some studies I seen and my research!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear