advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Improve cholesterol numbers without statins?

We know that AAS are effective at accomplishing the goal we want. Its not natural, its been isolated, modified and studied. No one would contend that taking natural herbal supplements are more effective and better means of accomplishing our superficial goal of more muscle and less fat.

If you want to increase your IGF levels we all agree that taking GH is one of the best ways...you wouldnt recommend taking l-dopa or something. GH is a drug and its effective and what we want.

When we take too must test and it converts to estrogen..are we reaching to some natural AI's to combat those sides.. heck no! if you did we would have gyno pretty quickly so we dont do that because the boobs would be noticable quickly.

If we are losing our hair or having too much DHT conversion and causing prostate issues from AAS..are we taking some natural DHT inhib like saw palmetto are are we reaching for finasteride and duta.

When you come off cycle are you reaching for maca and avena sativa or you rocking clomid hcg and an AI? Oh we believe that fertility meds are more effective and restoring our HPTA and fertility and random OTC herbs? Why?? Oh waits maybe its its noticable when our dick doesnt work and lab test show our test levels never recovered.

BUUUUT the one of the most serious side effects from AAS which is CAD we are reaching for OTC natural methods?? Why the discrepancy? Statins are studied more then any of the drugs we take yet we believe AAS "facts" based on a lot of anecdotal evidence but when there is strong science to support that statins could help prevent some of the damage we are doing people are all of a sudden against it but then most posts the next day about there summer cycles and the drugs they are using.

Nothuman, this is NOT directed at you but at the community in general. I dont follow the logic.. the only logic i follow is superficial vs not. People want proven drugs to accomplish superficial goals but want to feel like they are taking a "healthier" route to accompish ones they cant see...until for many its too late.

I am not pushing drugs on anyone who doesnt need it. DIET and EXERCISE are number 1 ALWAYS!! but if you are high risk, and u know who u r....then stop trying to fool yourself.

You put it all so very well, my thoughts exactly. In bodybuilding circles there exists this strange dichotomy where it is ok to us drugs made in underground labs but taking a drug made under and controlled by US pharm laws is dangerous. The opinion I think arises from the belief that the pharm industry is just out to make money and has no regard for the health and well being of the patients. The laws are quite strict and the FDA requires extensive testing before something goes to market. Conditions in the manufacturing facility are quite strict and regulated. My wife's brother in law is a chemist that works for a pharm company and you should hear the stories of all the shit they have to deal with.

No flush niacin lowers triglycerides which will lower overall cholesterol levels the way your body processes cholesterole is mostly genetic I compete in strongman and powerlifting competions my diet is not nearly as clean as most of you guys my diet is higher in fats the highest my cholesterol levels have ever been is 174 total off cycle I started taking niacin it dropped me down to 143 total on cycle by lowering my triglycerides. my struggle has always been getting my hdl up i take 10-20grams fish oil I recently started cq10 and red yeast rice i a few weeks ago in an attempt to shift ldl and hdl haven't run my blood work yet but the research seems promising.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

No flush niacin lowers triglycerides which will lower overall cholesterol levels

Niacin can also raise homocysteine. I wouldn't be willing to make that trade.

PS. According to Dr. Mercola, statins only benefit 1% of the population.

Beyond confusion and controversy, can we evaluate the real efficacy and safety of cholesterol-lowering with statins? | Lorgeril | Journal of Controversies in Biomedical Research You may enjoy this not human, the head of the cArdiology board in my city sent this to me last year, forgot I had it bookmarked. He had worked with dr. Collins at one point in his career, in what respect I do not know. But regardless for the man publishing the safety data on statins to say the research was done incorrectly and their safety needs to be reacessed is interesting.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner