over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Improving blood work?

Diesel1981

Registered
I have 3 weeks to clean up my blood work. Nothing hormone related, strictly lipids and such.
I'll add a Multivitamin, cardio, fruits and veggies, fish oil and coconut oil.

Anything else that’ll help? It's for a life insurance policy rider.

One avocado everyday is supposed to dramatically raise HDL cholesterol.

COQ-10, superfood supps, u have the fish oil covered, maybe more omegas idk ur current mg.

Supposedly one 4oz (maybe 6?) glass of red wine every day to every other day can really help raise HDL levels.

Quite a bit of studies published on it. I hate wine (well, 90% of alcohol in general), but if it's healthy....

Doing it for a month and then getting my labs retested. My HDL was in the middle of the normal range. A little better can't hurt. Plus it helps lower LDL as well.

Supposedly one 4oz (maybe 6?) glass of red wine every day to every other day can really help raise HDL levels.

Quite a bit of studies published on it. I hate wine (well, 90% of alcohol in general), but if it's healthy....

Doing it for a month and then getting my labs retested. My HDL was in the middle of the normal range. A little better can't hurt. Plus it helps lower LDL as well.

I've heard this as well. It can't hurt to try so I'll have some with my wife a few times a week.

My dr said to stop fish oil. He says it is good for the heart, but it is bad for the prostate. Women should still take it because they have hearts and no prostate. But if your goal is just good numbers on the test then my point is irrelevant. I hate waking to pee 3x/night so I gave the fish oil to my sister

Your doc telling you to quit fish oil is hilarious! Tell him to learn how to interpret a study!

Your doc telling you to quit fish oil is hilarious! Tell him to learn how to interpret a study!

I've never heard of that study before. Probably some random ass occurrance or some people trying to make a name. Weird.

I have 3 weeks to clean up my blood work. Nothing hormone related, strictly lipids and such.
I'll add a Multivitamin, cardio, fruits and veggies, fish oil and coconut oil.

Anything else that’ll help? It's for a life insurance policy rider.

*3g total epa+dha fish oil (NOT 3 fish oil caps!) Add the epa and dha up and take 3g of it daily.
*1 avocado daily
*1/3 cup unsalted unroasted Almonds

Coconut Oil
Ubiquinol

I'm sure red wine will help as well a bit?

Iforce Heart Help if you are really concerned..(in addition to the above)

I've never heard of that study before. Probably some random ass occurrance or some people trying to make a name. Weird.

Was this the study that showed fish oil consumption "CORRELATED" to prostate cancer?

We all know correlation does not prove causation.

*3g total epa+dha fish oil (NOT 3 fish oil caps!) Add the epa and dha up and take 3g of it daily.
*1 avocado daily
*1/3 cup unsalted unroasted Almonds

Coconut Oil
Ubiquinol

I'm sure red wine will help as well a bit?

Iforce Heart Help if you are really concerned..(in addition to the above)

Excellent list. One thing I would personally add is Red Palm Oil. Tons of health benefits and I think it's delicious. I try and get 2 tbsp a day.

Excellent list. One thing I would personally add is Red Palm Oil. Tons of health benefits and I think it's delicious. I try and get 2 tbsp a day.

Absolutely great for health! Im not 100% sure how much it will do for bloodwork in a month?

Thanks again to all of you for the ideas.

My routine blood work has always been very good. I'm simply trying to cover all the bases this time around because my employer recently dropped our life insurance policies and my wife and I have to get them on our own.

Obviously clean up your diet and perform cardio. I would recommend adding the following supplements to your regimen- Ubiquinol, High dosed Fish oil, Sesamin, and Olive Oil. I love extra virgin coconut oil, but it doesn't curb my appetite like EVOO.

Interesting. I just trusted the doc on that and hadn't looked up the study, which I'll do now. Thanks for the info!

All the suggestions are pretty on point. One thing you can do to lower lipid levels if they are high that will work better than almost anything is psyllium husk fiber. You must use the plain coarse ground husk. Vitamin Shoppe has is it in their brand. Take 5 table spoons every night before bed. You will have huge poop every morning! I just had a recent lipid panel after taking fiber daily for 6 months. My totals were 105 and my HDL was one point too low. I just take it 2 nights a week now. You have to take the stuff above and a good dosage. Anyone with high cholesterol should be taking a high dose of fiber everyday.

Obviously clean up your diet and perform cardio. I would recommend adding the following supplements to your regimen- Ubiquinol, High dosed Fish oil, Sesamin, and Olive Oil. I love extra virgin coconut oil, but it doesn't curb my appetite like EVOO.

All the suggestions are pretty on point. One thing you can do to lower lipid levels if they are high that will work better than almost anything is psyllium husk fiber. You must use the plain coarse ground husk. Vitamin Shoppe has is it in their brand. Take 5 table spoons every night before bed. You will have huge poop every morning! I just had a recent lipid panel after taking fiber daily for 6 months. My totals were 105 and my HDL was one point too low. I just take it 2 nights a week now. You have to take the stuff above and a good dosage. Anyone with high cholesterol should be taking a high dose of fiber everyday.

Both very good posts! Aphex, I'm sure you know this...but for others that may not...my guess on the coconut oil not leaving you as satiated is because a good amount of the fats get burned off for energy. With olive oil the fats are different and don't get used for energy...they stay getting digested.

My recent blood work showed HDL of 70 and triglycerides of 64.

My general practices:
*Wake up and have 1 tbsp coconut oil or mct oil + 1 tbsp grass fed butter in about 10-12 oz coffee.
*30 minutes later: 45 min steady state cardio
*after cardio, Another coffee prepared as above. No other foods for a few hours
*I keep my carbs low-ish and do not have any sugars other than some fruit.. NO PROCESSED FOODS AT ALL
*Protein intake is moderate and fat intake is high, good amount of veggies
*Daily supps: 8000mg high quality, high purity fish oil, krill oil, b complex, 600 mg ubiquinol, ALA, biotin, green tea extract, raw cacao, apple cider vinegar, magnesium taurate with my nightly melatonin
*5-10 oz red wine or 1.5-3 oz whiskey every night

I'm sure I am forgetting something but this will help anyone have healthy bloodwork

Absolutely great for health! Im not 100% sure how much it will do for bloodwork in a month?

Admittedly this is a small sample group but this study shows a significant reduction in LDL, some at almost 40% after one month.

**broken link removed**

It is also one of the most anti-inflammatory foods you could eat. I don't know if the blood test would check inflammatory markers, but it would certainly help with that as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member