over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

In defense of doctors

PHIL HERNON

Banned
It really irks me that people go on about how much doctors don't know or in other words, "doctors don't know shit about roids." My father is a doctor. Why in the hell would he ever know how steroids affect him or people more than a bodybuilder? He doesn't have time to use the things we have used to experiment because he is busy trying to make peoples lives better. Just think about what you are saying the next time you chastize a doctor for not knowing how GH is gonna make you feel. Maybe they have better things to do. No one can know it all ,there is too much knowledge out there and not enough time. If anyone thinks that docs dont know shit, then dont go to one the next time you have a cyst or a growth on your body. Don't go to one when you bleed when you urinate, or have pains in your side or pass out ,or wonder why the hell you cant see out of one eye. Just come on here and ask us. We will give you an answer you can live with, at least for a while.

Last edited:
I agrea to a certain extent with u phil, becoming a doc is very hard and there is simply not enough time to learn everything about everything let alone retain it. The only gripe I have with doctors is when the make the same kinds of overgenerilizations that the media does.

You make a good point but I will give my opinion on why I sometimes get frustrated.....

When you are a kid, you believe that when you go to the doctor that they DO, in fact, have all the answers and you will be fine provided you can just get to the doctor. I had the same feeling about calling the police. You might be getting your ass kicked but when the police arrive, all is well and you will be saved.

I find it difficult as an adult (some would argue this status hehe), to let go of these childhood beliefs. We WANT to believe that when we go to the doctor that they have all the answers. It is not comforting to me at all when I ask a question and they don't know the answer but I do and was merely setting them up to see if they knew.

You are correct when you say that doctors can't possibly know everything, especially involving aas, growth, etc.. However, I don't chastize the doctors that don't necessarily know. I chastize the doctors that don't know but want to start a lecture with me that steroids are soooo bad and I will have problems for the rest of my life and at the same time, can't even tell me what those problems will be.

Just my opinion.........

Skip

yeah i agree with you phil, but it pisses me off when the doctor, who doesent know shit about AAS, tries to tell me all the harmful things about it.. what did he just learn in school the negative side of things? thats the only thing that erks me..

Take care,

GJ

I agree

Doctors, don't have it easy. Really bad right now in my area of Canada, anybody who doesn't alreay have a doctor, can't get one. Real shortage. Our heath care may be free, but ppl who are really sick and need attention, and dying waiting for operations and treatments or going to the US if they have the money or insurance to cover them. Problem and MD has is they do not know much about steroids especially as used for perforance issues and frankly most don't have the time to educate themselfs.

i wasn't trying to disrespect anyone's family

or any guys on here that may be Dr's.

in my experiences, I have only had 1 Dr. who almost "understands". over a year ago i was at the Dr and he told basically i need to chill with lifting and start walking more and doing alot more cardio as he said i needed to lose weight. I'll admit i am a lil chunky but no where near the way he was saying i was.

this Dr. had no clue about lifting, he weighed MAYBE 125 lbs, one of them thinnest men i have ever seen at his height.

again, i didn't mean to disrepect any Dr's on here, or anyone's family that may be Dr's.

JW

Most don't know alot about aas or supplements, but they'll tell you there bad for you. My last doctor asked me if I took creatine. I told him yes. He replied, "Oooooo, that's just like taking steroids." Needless to say...I have a new doc that I've been with for about three years that is knowledgeable on supplements and some AAS and he doesn't tell me that due to I take 300gms of protein a day, my kidneys will eventially shut down like all my past doctors.

well, i agree that doc's can not know everything..my father was a doc..he would openly tell ya that it was not his field of expertise..but, the thing that makes me mad is when a doc will give you his opinion on roids like it is a fact and is solidified...when you know he does not know anything about it..i wish that they would take my dads lead and just say "i dont know..it is not my field" but, some just can not let their ego do that...but, remember when you bash doctors..you sure as hell want them there when your sick and hurt lol

Relavent Knowledge Only!

I think that a good doctor focuses on specific health issues. i.e. family practice, ENT, sports med, etc..

You can't expect a general practitioner to have all the answers on very specific body building issues. Most doctors can only tell you what they read in the PDR on drug side effects! If they happen to see possible negative side effects, they should tell you!

Lets face it, most doctors believe in the principles of helping, and not hurting some one’s health.

My philosophy on “supplements” is, it is absolutely my responsibility to know every thing I can about all the possible effects, both positive and negative.

We specialize in body building and most doctors don’t. In other words, you don’t call a plumber if your roof leaks!

Brent D.

drgoodbody said:
Interesting you should post this, I got an email about a doc in TX that is struggling for his license due to his pro-androgen use stance. The doctor and I also happen to be alumni of the same school (MIT). Here's a link to his letter asking for help.

Help this guy!

MikeS - this is probably right up your alley. Brothers, let's see if we can help this guy out.

DrG

PS: Carlon Colker is my doctor, I'm seeing him on Aug. 14 -- so see there are good doc's that know this shit

Damn, right in my town and I have never heard of this guy. I need to pay hima visit, lol.

When my doc first found out that I took steriods his reply was "What the hell are you doing taking those stupid things for" I laughed at him! Anyways the next time I saw him he was upset asking "are you still taking those stupid steriods" Then I simply explained him the benefits, the side efects and the whole process! The guy was amazed I even remember him saying "wow, that novadex stuff sounds like it would work great in boys with prepubesant(sp?) gynomastia"! I even let him burrow a few boks like Paul borrisons the Stack and the Anabolic refrence guide 6th issue. Well the dude stopped bashing juice and offered to do my bloodwork and has been ever since! He says "I don't approve but you seem to be taking all the nessasary precautions"! So I don't think docs are al that bad they just need someone to exlain to them why they do it and that they can either help or beat it! Yes alot of docs have ego's but if you drop yours and explain something to them they should come around!

GEEZ PHIL! YOU ARE NEGLECTING YOUR DAD!

:D WHAT SORT OF PIECE OF CRAP SON ARE YOU? YOU ARE IN THE UNIQUE POSITION TO REALLY EXPAND YOUR FATHER'S ALREADY BROAD KNOWLEDGE BASE. LOAD UP A FEW SYRINGES WITH GH/INSULIN, THEN SOME TEST AND THROW IN SOME ANADROL. HE COULD KEEP A DIARY AND DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! HELL, HE COULD EVEN GET HIS 'PRO CARD' IN A YEAR OR TWO! HAHAHAHA.............WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIS LIFE COMPLETE? THEN YOU COULD TAKE PICTURES AND EINE1 COULD CRITIQUE HIS PHYSIQUE. < THAT MIGHT MAKE HIM SUICIDAL THOUGH AND ALL THE KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE LOST>:)

Re: GEEZ PHIL! YOU ARE NEGLECTING YOUR DAD!

JETHRO TULL said:
:D WHAT SORT OF PIECE OF CRAP SON ARE YOU? YOU ARE IN THE UNIQUE POSITION TO REALLY EXPAND YOUR FATHER'S ALREADY BROAD KNOWLEDGE BASE. LOAD UP A FEW SYRINGES WITH GH/INSULIN, THEN SOME TEST AND THROW IN SOME ANADROL. HE COULD KEEP A DIARY AND DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! HELL, HE COULD EVEN GET HIS 'PRO CARD' IN A YEAR OR TWO! HAHAHAHA.............WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIS LIFE COMPLETE? THEN YOU COULD TAKE PICTURES AND EINE1 COULD CRITIQUE HIS PHYSIQUE. < THAT MIGHT MAKE HIM SUICIDAL THOUGH AND ALL THE KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE LOST>:)

LOLOLOL!!! Funny Shit JT. :D

Well..here is my 2cc's

I agree and disagree with Phil on this issue. There is way too much info out there on steroids for doctors to possible know everything about them howver they should have a basic concept of them as 5 million american men use them for a variety of reasons. My problem with doctors and steroids is the fact there seems to be a circulationg attitude that most doctors do not even care to learn about them. All they belive is thenegative hype surrounding steroids. If you go to a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement therapy for aging men and women I bet you that doctor would have a different outloook and attitude towards steroids and thier conventional use by athletes. I just don't like how doctors try to look down on me and make me feel bad for using steroids to improve my physical performance. Many doctors smoke cigarettes and marajuana, but do I say anything to them about that??? Cigarettes kill 1200 people a day all over th world from thier nasty side effects. How many people does steroids kill everyday??? 1 or 0. Thats all I am saying, I wish more doctors would have an open mind instead of just blindly beliveing what they see on TV or read in magazines.

Maverick

hehehe

When I told my family practitioner Dr that I was going to be taking AAS and needed my blood work done so I could get a baseline reading, he looked at me with a stunned look and said, "steroids are the number 2 killer of people your age, cocaine being number 1!". He then went on to say about how the many different side effects would ruin my life.
I couldn't help but chuckle. I told him my mind was made up already and I needed the bloodwork. He then tried to tell me my insurance wouldn't cover it since it wasn't medically needed. Then he said "well if you don't mind saying your impotant (to check test levels) and can't sleep at night (to check thyroid) then I can get them to pay for it.
now whenever I go in for anything he just asks me if I'm "on" anything and how much of each.
So there came to be an understanding in the end. lol.

Re: hehehe

mike man said:
he looked at me with a stunned look and said, "steroids are the number 2 killer of people your age, cocaine being number 1!". lol.

oh my goodness, why haven't any of you told me this? if i knew people were dropping dead left and right cuz of juice, i never woulda started taking it.
hehe

JW

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear