advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

In my search for a higher EPA/DHA Fish Oil..

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So I have been meticulously searching for a quality fish oil that is more highly concentrated than your standard 180/120. I am literally in love with the fish oils I have taken the last 6+ yrs. I have gone through about 10,000 True Nutrition fish oil caps. I have no real reason to look elsewhere except the idea of a higher concentration intrigued me.

In my quest, I have found things like EPA-DHA Balance by Jarrow which is 400/200 which seems to be a front-runner. I have also found Source Naturals 450/340 and Puritan's Pride 625/244. This is all per cap as I made sure that there were no tricky labels with a 2gelcap serving size.

A lot of people concentrate on the mgs on the bottles at the stores etc but what is really important is EPA and DHA amounts and the fact that it is MEG-3produced.
At the end of the day when I crunch the numbers, it seems like nothing comes even close to what I pay for the 1000ct jugs at True Nutrition. I mean is the excess gelatin I consume when taking 10-15 of these really that big of a deal? It doesn't seem so.

Anyways, this is not really meant to be a plug...but more of a thread to ask if you guys have any suggestions on higher concentrated fish oils that would come somewhere near cost I have been paying.

I came full circle and am thinking I'd rather save the money and ingest the extra caps....is my thinking flawed?

1) Prosource Omega 1250... EPA 450 / DHA 300. ONE softgel. Around 17 bucks.

2) Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega EPA 650 / DHA 450. TWO Softgel. Though Nordic naturals supposively is the best brand you can get but at the end of the day who knows... When I have extra cash on hand I choose this but the prosource brand is my go to fish oil supps.

Getting it in liquid form you get much more EPA/DHA per serving but my lazy ass likes convenience :eek:

Last edited:
Best I've been able to find is 900mg per fish oil.

I've tried the liquid versions and they're not for me. Gives me diarrhea, tastes like shit, fish breath, just hate it.

Nordic Naturals is good but too expensive. I rather eat more fatty-fish to get the omega-3 intake.

I took TN's gelcaps for a long time. I currently take use liquid.

**broken link removed**

I purchase cheaper off Amazon.

Carlson Liquid Fish Oil
1 tsp (5 ml)
EPA 800 mg
DHA 500 mg

I always wondered if the prescription fish oil Lovaza(sp?) is better than any over the counter fish oil supplements ? Anyone take lovaza?

Fish oil is the #1 spoiled supplement on the shelves. Like Phil said, you have to have a good source or these things can be bad and you wont know it. I know people look for what they think is better fish oil, but i only trust true nutrition with mine. My blood results will back this up.

Fish oil is the #1 spoiled supplement on the shelves. Like Phil said, you have to have a good source or these things can be bad and you wont know it. I know people look for what they think is better fish oil, but i only trust true nutrition with mine. My blood results will back this up.
I have only taken a few different sources of fish oil and the one that did really horribly was True Protein fish oil. It was very rancid and tasted horrible, horrible burps. I switched to Carlson's liquid and it was great. I then switched to vitacost's liquid brand and it is awesome. Two big bottles are 30 dollars total. I literally take a swig of it every morning (more than a tablespoon? Maybe like 10-20g?). I can say absolutely this is the one supplement (well and test) that I will never live without. My brain feels better (better mood), my joints feel better, my cardiovascular systems works better. I have tested this multiple times coming off of it and I notice everything starts to slowly degrade (joints get achy, mood goes down, etc). I will never go off high dose fish oil the rest of my life.

Edit, it looks like my dosage is 14.5g/day since a bottle lasts me about a month. Thats 14.5g/day for 30 days for 15$. Can anything else compete with that?

Last edited:
I get the costco kirkland one-a-day concentrated caps.. they are meg-3 also and at 2x/day does my body good... i've tried to do 3 and 4 caps a day for maximum "health benefits' but notice i start to bruise more easily than my liking since always randomly smacking into junk just walking around the house so dropped it down to a more sensible dose to avoid that issue...

NutriForce Sports makes a 1200mg/cap omega called OmegaFort. Purity is highest available outside of a prescription. Spoke to a rep and evidently the difference in this vs the prescrip is 2%! Ordered a half dozen of them already.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 640
i love nutiva coconut oil... 4 tablespoons a day... keeps joints and the vascular system well oiled and tuned... of course i dont run tons of gear either... 300-400mg/week of test.. maybe throw in some mast every once and a while..

https://store.nutiva.com/coconut-oil/#

i love nutiva coconut oil... 4 tablespoons a day... keeps joints and the vascular system well oiled and tuned... of course i dont run tons of gear either... 300-400mg/week of test.. maybe throw in some mast every once and a while..

https://store.nutiva.com/coconut-oil/#

You're right.. the San Antonio Spurs scored a lot of touchdowns last night.
Are you freaking serious right now?

Last edited:
I keep reading the importance of 2-3g epa and dha per day total. So with 180/120's thats 10 a day.
Are there advantages going past 3g daily of epa and dha? Say 4 or 5g...

NOW Ultra Omega 3. Best I've found and not too expensive. Purified. Great product.

2 that i have liked personally are

species nutrition omegalyze

and labrada efa lean, only issue is both arent cheap....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear