over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

inappropriate questions about AAS in public

norm1220

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Last week I my wife and I traveled to Atlanta to attend my Uncle's wedding. Two nights before the wedding he had a large cocktail party at his house in Vinings.

One of the first people he introduced me to was an italian guy from New York who was a picture perfect match for the stereotypical mobster, fancy open shirt, gold chains, etc (I found out later he is an actor who often plays mobsters in soap operas). The guy comments that I'm big as a house and asks how often I workout. I replied that I train 3 to 4 times per week for 45 minutes to an hour each time. He immediately comes back with "Is that all? You are juicing right?"

I told him that I eat lots of food but drink very little juice, but he continued to press the drug thing... "You know what I mean, you have to be on the juice." . At this time I looked him straight in the eye and replied "I can't believe you are asking me this. We just met, do you commit any class III felonies you would like to tell me about?" After he answered "No", I continued on to tell him that I have been lifting since the 70's and that my workouts, eating patterns, and lifestyle in no way resemble his. I explained that I bust my ass in the gym exercising intensely and efficiently without wasting time on socializing, and that I approach my diet with the same mindset and have done so for years. I concluded by telling him that it makes no sense at all to compare his results from the gym with mine. Then I wandered off to mingle with other people. The conversation pissed me off and I mentioned it to my wife later in the evening. She agreed that the guy was out of line.

So.... 24 hours later at the wedding rehearsal dinner my wife and I have the misfortune to be seated directly across from the same guy and his date. About fifteen minutes after being seated, right after the appetizers were brought out , he leans across the table and asks "....so living in Alaska is it difficult to get all the stuff you need to stay at your size and condition? It must be a long way away from any major suppliers."

My wife was stunned and told him this type of conversation was completely unreasonable and inappropriate. He shrugged his shoulders and blew her off saying he had friends who were into bodybuilding and that he talked with them about this all the time.

At this point I was pretty angry and addressed him by name - " Look ******, I made it clear yesterday that we were not going to have this conversation and now you bring it up again anyway. If you don't see how inappropriate this is you must have a double digit IQ. I will NOT discuss this subject with you and if you bring it up again I will drag your ass outside and finish the conversation there and trust me, you won't like that at all."

The reaction to this was a very surprised look on his face and the dinner guests surrounding us all gasped and looked stunned. He threw up his hands and said that he never intended any disrespect and that I didn't know anything about him. I explained that I knew all I wanted to about him and that the most respectful thing he could do at this point was to leave me alone.

Here's the kicker - The next morning over breakfast my Uncle comments on how stupid it was for the guy to have made the remarks he did at the cocktail gathering. I then informed him of the incident at the rehearsal dinner, which somehow my Uncle hadn't noticed. Turns out this idiot was my Uncles best man! LOL... luckily I didn't haul him outside and bust him up, a broken nose, missing teeth, and black eyes don't make for great wedding photos.

people seem to think its alright to ask people these sort of questions. like you said it's a schedule 3 offense and such things should be kept quiet. now for my story. i am a personal trainer, one of my clients boyfriend comes up to me after training his girlfriend and asks me, or i should say starts off the conversation in this manner, "this may be an inaprpiate question but what supplements do you take", well if he really meant supplements it woukld not be an inappropriate question. so i say to him creatine and protein shakes took my next client who was waiting and went on my way. so i guess this guy wanted me to tell him inside my place of employment of my illegal activities......douchebag

Brother man , some folks are like a leaking oxygen bottle , just a waste of good air.!!

Anytime people question me about AAS , I do the same as you , explain i train like a machine and eat like an animal and ive done that for 2 decades (which is longer than most of the idiots asking have been alive) and when they give me the whole "well I work out 3 hrs a day 5 days a week and eat good but i dont look like you" i just explain that they are either over training and way under eating or they train like a bitch that generaly ends the conversation.

Or flash my commision and explain that is is illegal.:D

I would of handled it the same man. Sounds like he wanted to justify why u looked better than him. It couldn't be the training and diet. Gotta b the juice :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

One of my buddies says when he is asked he tells people the secret is 2 big macs a day! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just yesterday I had a kid, mid 20's, as I was walking out of the gym ask me if I could help him get some suppose. He said or is that inappropriate. I said inappropriate. He said I figured your the guy to ask. I said well your wrong. And walked away. Man, I never had balls like that. When I was younger looking for gear

Just yesterday I had a kid, mid 20's, as I was walking out of the gym ask me if I could help him get some suppose. He said or is that inappropriate. I said inappropriate. He said I figured your the guy to ask. I said well your wrong. And walked away. Man, I never had balls like that. When I was younger looking for gear

Those young kids just don't care. They think the law can't touch them. They're invincible. I can't believe how many of them talk about gear in front of god and everybody. Either brain dead or just don't care.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last week I my wife and I traveled to Atlanta to attend my Uncle's wedding. Two nights before the wedding he had a large cocktail party at his house in Vinings.

One of the first people he introduced me to was an italian guy from New York who was a picture perfect match for the stereotypical mobster, fancy open shirt, gold chains, etc (I found out later he is an actor who often plays mobsters in soap operas). The guy comments that I'm big as a house and asks how often I workout. I replied that I train 3 to 4 times per week for 45 minutes to an hour each time. He immediately comes back with "Is that all? You are juicing right?"

I told him that I eat lots of food but drink very little juice, but he continued to press the drug thing... "You know what I mean, you have to be on the juice." . At this time I looked him straight in the eye and replied "I can't believe you are asking me this. We just met, do you commit any class III felonies you would like to tell me about?" After he answered "No", I continued on to tell him that I have been lifting since the 70's and that my workouts, eating patterns, and lifestyle in no way resemble his. I explained that I bust my ass in the gym exercising intensely and efficiently without wasting time on socializing, and that I approach my diet with the same mindset and have done so for years. I concluded by telling him that it makes no sense at all to compare his results from the gym with mine. Then I wandered off to mingle with other people. The conversation pissed me off and I mentioned it to my wife later in the evening. She agreed that the guy was out of line.

So.... 24 hours later at the wedding rehearsal dinner my wife and I have the misfortune to be seated directly across from the same guy and his date. About fifteen minutes after being seated, right after the appetizers were brought out , he leans across the table and asks "....so living in Alaska is it difficult to get all the stuff you need to stay at your size and condition? It must be a long way away from any major suppliers."

My wife was stunned and told him this type of conversation was completely unreasonable and inappropriate. He shrugged his shoulders and blew her off saying he had friends who were into bodybuilding and that he talked with them about this all the time.

At this point I was pretty angry and addressed him by name - " Look ******, I made it clear yesterday that we were not going to have this conversation and now you bring it up again anyway. If you don't see how inappropriate this is you must have a double digit IQ. I will NOT discuss this subject with you and if you bring it up again I will drag your ass outside and finish the conversation there and trust me, you won't like that at all."

The reaction to this was a very surprised look on his face and the dinner guests surrounding us all gasped and looked stunned. He threw up his hands and said that he never intended any disrespect and that I didn't know anything about him. I explained that I knew all I wanted to about him and that the most respectful thing he could do at this point was to leave me alone.

Here's the kicker - The next morning over breakfast my Uncle comments on how stupid it was for the guy to have made the remarks he did at the cocktail gathering. I then informed him of the incident at the rehearsal dinner, which somehow my Uncle hadn't noticed. Turns out this idiot was my Uncles best man! LOL... luckily I didn't haul him outside and bust him up, a broken nose, missing teeth, and black eyes don't make for great wedding photos.

This type of thing happens every week where someone brings it up like it's nothing. People have no idea that it isn't okay to bring it up. Usually people bring it up in public too so that everyone hears them. I love the way you handled it. Respect

Last edited:
It's been a long time since someone confronted me like that and I'm grateful for that, but since the last time it happened I decided to retort with a response much like yours. "Steroids are controlled substances. If you thought I was using cocaine, would you be so bold as to ask me about it?" That only works with people you don't know well, but it is usually those folks that seem to be nosy enough to ask someone if they are committing a felony. Still, your case is particularly egregious. Wow!

You handled it right bro.

My dumbass brother likes to bring that up around family get togethers. That he could look like "that too if he was juicing". It's not a big secret to my parents but it makes him feel better.

what an ass some people i tell ya

I wish I could say thats unblievable but its ALL TOO believable these days.
When I train now I wear baggy clothing and rarely want to show my physique at the gym, I presume that most members presume it about me, but I act antisocial enough with them that they leave me be.
Whats interesting is for every ass-hat like that guy in your story theres someone with brains enough to leave it be.
My training partner is an ex NFL'er and has never ONCE asked me in 2 years if I use anything.
All he cares about is what were going to train and how hard were going to smash it.
Still you would think people would have more manners and sense but they just dont.

you handled it perfectly man.

shit get on my nerves and almost surprises you when it happens lol.

Thanks to everyone for reassuring me that I handled it well. I try really hard to be a reasonable person, but people like that make it pretty hard. LOL... maybe at 48 years old I actually am starting to get the hang of acting like an Adult!

Thanks to everyone for reassuring me that I handled it well. I try really hard to be a reasonable person, but people like that make it pretty hard. LOL... maybe at 48 years old I actually am starting to get the hang of acting like an Adult!

It does get alot easier as we get older , I often think "ten years ago i would have punched you for that" and just laugh

props for still looking like a juiced freak in a suit at your age

Something very similar happenned at my place of employment and I simply said that it was innapropriate and i won't discuss that here. He was cool and apologized and we've been working together for the past three years with no problems. Some people just don't realize how wrong it is to bring up until you enlighten them.

Peace,
M2M :cool:

I agree people just go to far anymore!no respect and then when you have to set them straight their like ooh I didn't mean anything bro.DONT START NOTHING WON'T B NOTHING.lol.you did good by handleing it the way you did.lol.have you done any class 3 felonies you care to tell me about.love it lol.i needed that tonight.peace bro.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws