YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INBODY 520 body composition analyzer????

highdrum

Registered
Anyone on here ever use one of these? My local lifetime fitness has on and I jumped on it for shits and gigs today after my workout. said I was 10.3% BF, looking around there 98% accurate and its a 10,000$ machine. **broken link removed** Product is made by GE a very legit company, and the science behind it sounds pretty good. I figured I was somewhere between 12-13% BF myself, I do have all my abs and vascularity/defenition.

some type of electrical impedence, does all the limbs and torso independently.

some type of electrical impedence, does all the limbs and torso independently.

i really dont trust something that test with electric going through your body,
i remember i was really lean and tested on something like that and said i was like 20% i was more like 8 to 10 waist was 30 had all my abs good separation all over, just dont think they give you anything accurate.
maybe they are different now?

I saw that the other day, thought it was part of the personal training equipment.. I will give it a try.

:D

Anyone on here ever use one of these? My local lifetime fitness has on and I jumped on it for shits and gigs today after my workout. said I was 10.3% BF, looking around there 98% accurate and its a 10,000$ machine. **broken link removed** Product is made by GE a very legit company, and the science behind it sounds pretty good. I figured I was somewhere between 12-13% BF myself, I do have all my abs and vascularity/defenition.

Yes they are the real deal. Here is why I believe in them.......20 years ago I got a cat scan to check my BF; a friend of mine was getting his degree in sports medicine and had access to one at a local university. It measured every gram of tissue and bone in my body with a print out I still have. My left arm and right leg had measurable differences in grams of lean mass. 2 weeks ago I used the Inbody machine at a local chiropractor office my wife goes to. It actually identified the same differences in my legs and arms. Use it first thing in the am for the best possible accuracy.

Might have to look into this. Apparently the 120 model isn't available in the US yet. If it's affordable I may grab one.

Yes they are the real deal. Here is why I believe in them.......20 years ago I got a cat scan to check my BF; a friend of mine was getting his degree in sports medicine and had access to one at a local university. It measured every gram of tissue and bone in my body with a print out I still have. My left arm and right leg had measurable differences in grams of lean mass. 2 weeks ago I used the Inbody machine at a local chiropractor office my wife goes to. It actually identified the same differences in my legs and arms. Use it first thing in the am for the best possible accuracy.

I had never heard of anyone using a CT machine for that purpose. You can definitely view subcutaneous tissue and fat but the radiation dose received definitely makes the process quite counter intuitive.

Typically electrical impedance does not work well with bodybuilders due to the density of our muscles. Hopefully, GE has figured out how to get it to work properly. For that kind of $$ I would hope its accurate.

I too had mine checked on one of the cheaper hand held only things several times, last time I was about 4 weeks out from a show, no more than 8% for sure, but it had me 20% or more, and according to their data, I was "morbidly obese". It was a health fair we had where I work, and the person there said they are usually pretty accurate, but in this case obviously not so.

More recently we had another health fair thing, put on by another company, this time using a more sophisticted machine. I didnt catch the model, but it did give measurements in each limb and torso independently, as well as overall. They said it was a very expensive machine. I've relaxed my diet a lot for about 8 months, I figured I was around 14-16%, it had me at 14.9%.

this is a pretty damn accurate machine... it is spot on for me... And i have plenty of muscle mass... I wish it was cheaper so i could buy one for my house, now i need to drive 45 min to go to my doctors place to get it done!

anyone know anything about these? I just joined a new gym that has one and it goes through your feet and hands. It got me at 7.5 the other day at 187, was hoping for lower but not bad since I am not dieting. It also gives you the muscle mass in each arm, leg, etc. At the very worst I guess it can be used to measure progress so you can make sure your not getting fat over time in a bulk or actually leaning out on diet other than just using the scale.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws