over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increased side effects as we age

totalrecomp

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
As I was reading this thread, https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...e-fibers-as-we-age.166018/page-3#post-2884904

as well as a few others I started to wonder why we encounter greater sides as we age from hormone usage? I know some do not but the general consensus seems to be tolerance for drugs seems to decrease with age.

What is it in particular that causes sides to increase with age? Anyone have data/theories that go beyond the standard, "everything just goes to shit at some point?"

Body fat levels usually go up and they are finding that fat has a big influence on hormones. Plus everytime a cells reproduces it gets weaker and the telomeres length gets shorter. Probably many factors involved.

Some of it I believe is also the fact that younger guys are willing to tolerate things their older self wouldn't
This. We become more in tune with ourselves also. I know in my 20s I could tolerate shit with GH and tren that I wouldn't put up for a day with in my late 30s. But, I just kept my head down and quietly suffered some of these shitty side effects, mainly insomnia (tren) and carpal tunnel (GH).

Tren insomnia is particularly bad side effect because its not like you're in a pleasant mood while you sit sweating your ass off in bed unable to go to sleep after demolishing your body with weights. You're pissed off, angry, and sleep deprived. Lovely little hormone they got there :)

Ehhhhh.....I don't know. I wanna chime in here and "tren fucks me up now when it wasn't bad before" but I came to find out that all the damn tren I used my first few years on gear was really under dosed! So yea now that I'm using tested properly dosed tren it sure does mess me up but that doesn't mean anything if I'm comparing to 5 years ago when my tren was garbage.

Two unorthodox things to consider here.....

1. Not even 5 years ago I feel like everything on the market was half bunk it was the wild west and suppliers were doing whatever they wanted. The past couple years a lot of boards have started doing testing and it has definitely changed things in regards to that. So that kinda skews the perspective on it.

2. Also in the past 5 years blasting and cruising or "trt" has become the norm over just cycling. Blasting and cruising was definitely not mainstream 5 years ago, that was just known as "never coming off" and it was almost taboo, the norm was that you NEEDED to do PCT and let you body recover blah blah blah. So if I'm on AAS year round vs cycling twice a year and taking a break for the rest of the months then yes of course I'm going to have more sides.

Definitely not discounting age as a factor in harsher sides but just a couple odd things to consider before judging it one way or another.

It's hard for me to say due to as I've gotten older I've been using less and less and better quality.
When I first started I was using all pharmacy gear out of Russia and home made tren and it was awesome quality but I was running retarded doses so the side were stout then stared using UG gear and higher doses because it seem weak and that led to more sides.
Now I use less per week of quality gear than I was using in a day and my negitve sides are easily controlled. I'm sure if I used what I used at the same doses I did in my 20's now I'd have terrible sides , I just chalked it up to the body being older and able to tolerate less

Ehhhhh.....I don't know. I wanna chime in here and "tren fucks me up now when it wasn't bad before" but I came to find out that all the damn tren I used my first few years on gear was really under dosed! So yea now that I'm using tested properly dosed tren it sure does mess me up but that doesn't mean anything if I'm comparing to 5 years ago when my tren was garbage.

Two unorthodox things to consider here.....

1. Not even 5 years ago I feel like everything on the market was half bunk it was the wild west and suppliers were doing whatever they wanted. The past couple years a lot of boards have started doing testing and it has definitely changed things in regards to that. So that kinda skews the perspective on it.

2. Also in the past 5 years blasting and cruising or "trt" has become the norm over just cycling. Blasting and cruising was definitely not mainstream 5 years ago, that was just known as "never coming off" and it was almost taboo, the norm was that you NEEDED to do PCT and let you body recover blah blah blah. So if I'm on AAS year round vs cycling twice a year and taking a break for the rest of the months then yes of course I'm going to have more sides.

Definitely not discounting age as a factor in harsher sides but just a couple odd things to consider before judging it one way or another.
Meh, I use to make my own tren from fina pellets, now I use ugl. I wouldn't say it's now intolerable but recently the sides are definitely more obvious.

But the one substance that really stood out to me as more toxic recently is sdrol. I use to love it now it makes me feel soo toxic.

Meh, I use to make my own tren from fina pellets, now I use ugl. I wouldn't say it's now intolerable but recently the sides are definitely more obvious.

But the one substance that really stood out to me as more toxic recently is sdrol. I use to love it now it makes me feel soo toxic.

Funny it’s the complete opposite for me, I tolerate sdrol better than anything now! Fuck me if any of this shit ever makes sense haha, so many variables even beyond just the differences in physiology and variables with the compounds themselves. We’ll never have a full grasp on any of it....

Funny it’s the complete opposite for me, I tolerate sdrol better than anything now! Fuck me if any of this shit ever makes sense haha, so many variables even beyond just the differences in physiology and variables with the compounds themselves. We’ll never have a full grasp on any of it....
You're right, we'll never have a full grasp on it.

I appreciate the input everyone, thank you.

I was discussing this with a nursing student this week. And she was talking about noticing more aches, sunburn etc. and wondering if it was as she was getting older. She is like 22 years old. I told her when I was young I just went out and had fun and didn't pay attention to things. she agreed.

I ran lots of component TH carts in my younger years.

Now I hate 300mg Tren e

yikes!
certainly no proof in any of this but...
aas are weird in a drug sense in that in many ways they are subtle in terms of change on conciousness generally. when we are young we are much less aware of ourselves.

there is an idea that if we overload some receptors by always having an excess of whatever that maybe the body compensates by putting more receptors on the cell. its an idea that can be applied to various things. pretty sure no proof. but i think here if not an argument, maybe conversation worthy.

the other thing has to do with oxidation.
aas increase oxidation, turnover, waste, etc.
when young maybe one has better system to deal with it. when old maybe more compromised and suffering from other aspects of this so aas is just gas on the fire.

with time and training your cns becomes generally more efficient. maybe this increases aas feel to some degree? by and large the ppl taking aas for these longer times arent just taking aas but training and doing other stuff that comes into play with it.

by 40 if you are paying attention you are for sure a better... whatever lifter, athlete, etc.
i think ore then a coincidence.

As I was reading this thread, https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...e-fibers-as-we-age.166018/page-3#post-2884904

as well as a few others I started to wonder why we encounter greater sides as we age from hormone usage? I know some do not but the general consensus seems to be tolerance for drugs seems to decrease with age.

What is it in particular that causes sides to increase with age? Anyone have data/theories that go beyond the standard, "everything just goes to shit at some point?"
I don't think hormones is a target. In general as we age the body tends to not tolerate things the way it use to.that applies to food medicine shit even sex.that starts downgrading with age too.even our level of tolerance for nonsense. Its part of being in a human body

I don't think hormones is a target. In general as we age the body tends to not tolerate things the way it use to.that applies to food medicine shit even sex.that starts downgrading with age too.even our level of tolerance for nonsense. Its part of being in a human body

I understand this. I was hoping someone might have some nitty-gritty details as to why the above happens. What is it at the cellular level that is the cause of this? What organelle stops doing its job or what gene starts overexpressing....something along those lines.

I understand this. I was hoping someone might have some nitty-gritty details as to why the above happens. What is it at the cellular level that is the cause of this? What organelle stops doing its job or what gene starts overexpressing....something along those lines.
Oh I see what you asking now 👍

Worth a read if you have time

Everything from signalling factors for transcription, nucleus import/export, autophagy, and and cellular sensescence from shortening telomeres with more and more replications

A rather elementary metaphor is that of a factory; all the workers get older, less energetic, leading to more time off, less new hires, more retirements, and ultimately the factory shutting down

Everything from signalling factors for transcription, nucleus import/export, autophagy, and and cellular sensescence from shortening telomeres with more and more replications

A rather elementary metaphor is that of a factory; all the workers get older, less energetic, leading to more time off, less new hires, more retirements, and ultimately the factory shutting down

2/3 of that review is citations so it really is not too long and has all those citations that I can track down. THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for as a lead. If I come up with anything useful I will post it here.

Tren today elevated my blood pressure significantly. I used to be able to run two or three times the amount (crystal extraction from fina pellet) and never noticed any impact 15 years ago. Orals also cause acid reflux like conditions today, they didn’t used to cause those issues. Testosterone still seems safe for me with no noticeable sides even at elevated levels.

Good post. So many factors involved and the difference for me personally now compared to 10 years ago is very noticeable. Plus I want to take higher doses at times. I tried to go up to 100mg avar and at 60mg the sides were bad so I went back down to 40mg. I would love to take tren a at a higher dose for a very short duration but I get horrible anxiety. I remember taking 1.2g eq when I was younger and no chance now :eek::D HGH I can barely manage 1-2iu now the fatigue is too much. I was never good on HGH ever but I remember do a very short run at 10iu daily and if I done that today I would be a mess after the 1st injection (I have tried). The list goes on and on. I get so many more side effects now compared to the past. Now with some compounds I am fine so I just stick with those but still have to be careful with the dose.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws