over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increasing cal intake

leonb1989

Newbies
Hi everyone, i was wondering what everyones view is on how you should increase your cal intake to reach a goal amount, would you jump your diet from its current amount into a high amount ? or would you slowly increase your cal intake each week? if slowly increase the amount would say 500cals a week be enough or is this really all down to the person ?

hope to hear back what peoples views are on the subject.

Thanks,
leonb1989

Hi everyone, i was wondering what everyones view is on how you should increase your cal intake to reach a goal amount, would you jump your diet from its current amount into a high amount ? or would you slowly increase your cal intake each week? if slowly increase the amount would say 500cals a week be enough or is this really all down to the person ?

hope to hear back what peoples views are on the subject.

Thanks,
leonb1989

I think most would say do it slowly and do it 500 cals/week. Increase it and then evaluate what happens to your body composition. Eventually when you get too high youre going to end up putting on bodyfat and at that point youll need to cut back a notch.

Anyone realize that carb intake impacts them a lot more than just caloric intake? I feel like any time I take in carbs whether they are good or bad my body just stores them up. :confused:

Anyone realize that carb intake impacts them a lot more than just caloric intake? I feel like any time I take in carbs whether they are good or bad my body just stores them up. :confused:

I think I have trouble with that somewhat too. What that comes down to though is what you get your carbs from. If I get most of mine from fruits and vegitables then I do just fine. If I eat much bread or starchy foods then it becomes a problem.

I think I have trouble with that somewhat too. What that comes down to though is what you get your carbs from. If I get most of mine from fruits and vegitables then I do just fine. If I eat much bread or starchy foods then it becomes a problem.

Maldorf, even when I eat good carbs, brown rice, yams, whole wheat (anything) etc, my body just stores them up! Regardless of how hard I worked out/cardio.

Carb cycling seemed the most effective for me and staying above 250g pro. per day seemed like I can continue to do good. Before carb cycling I would just stay low carb all the time and it would fuck me up/depression like symptons kick in.

I can be in a calorie defecet (slight) with having 300-490g carbs a day and seems to put on fat if I don't bust ass on cardio , but I can replace those cals with protein and fat eliminating the carbs and get lean.
I'm very very carb sensitive so when I'm trying to bulk I only add a little carbs maybe 200g a day and half that comes from fresh fruit . I feel much better and don't seem to add fat

I can be in a calorie defecet (slight) with having 300-490g carbs a day and seems to put on fat if I don't bust ass on cardio , but I can replace those cals with protein and fat eliminating the carbs and get lean.
I'm very very carb sensitive so when I'm trying to bulk I only add a little carbs maybe 200g a day and half that comes from fresh fruit . I feel much better and don't seem to add fat

Which fruits do you eat for your bulking diet?

I noticed I gain fat like crazy if I just drastically increase my cal intake right away when transitioning from a cutting phase to a bulking phase

I think most would say do it slowly and do it 500 cals/week. Increase it and then evaluate what happens to your body composition. Eventually when you get too high youre going to end up putting on bodyfat and at that point youll need to cut back a notch.

thanks mate for replying and to everyonelse for your input and views, from what im getting from you lot its very depened on the person to how much cals and cals from carbs you can handle and a slow increase of around 500cals a week is a good place to start, oh and thanks to whoever moved the thread to it correct place :)

As far as fruits i like are yellow and green apples , bananas and mostly pineapples

As far as fruits i like are yellow and green apples , bananas and mostly pineapples

my carb sources at the moment comes from fruit (prunes at the moment), oats and potatoes really. i tend to find it hard to eat in the morning so been using fruit as my carb source in the first meal and seems to work well for me.

500 cals is a good amount. If you're really concerned about fat gain, go with 250 cals. The key being not the differences and log them down. This way you know in the future how far to push it.

Alternatively, you could increase your protein/fats/carbs equally. Or perhaps just use protein/fats. See how that works...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws