over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increasing insulin sensitivity ?

Cactus kid

Registered
What can I take to inrease my insulin sensitivity? Ala? Is there anything better?

Cinnamon, glucophage (metformin), stop eating sugary foods all the time

edit: Chromium also has a positive effect on the pancreas

Last edited:
eat lots of pro/fat meals:lightbulb:

Glucorell's R+ works better than metformin.

eat lots of pro/fat meals:lightbulb:

bing!
and here's a little thing a lot of people don't know... and it's probably the opposite of what most do...
don't eat carbs on the days you train... and eat carbs on the days you don't ;)

and anerobic activity helps

TBH I don't think any of these things help (at least nowhere near significant) other than losing fat

bing!
and here's a little thing a lot of people don't know... and it's probably the opposite of what most do...
don't eat carbs on the days you train... and eat carbs on the days you don't ;)

hey bro, can you explain this a little more? this is def the opposite of what many do (the opposite of how i carb cycle).

Lower carbs intake and use r-ALA, it worked well for me, made me much more slin sensitive

Cinnamon, glucophage (metformin), stop eating sugary foods all the time

edit: Chromium also has a positive effect on the pancreas

I too have read about cinnamon's effect on insulin sensitivity. Seems very promising. Also may help with LDL, and since you can sprinkle it into shakes, oatmeal, etc, it is easy to intake.

Glucorell's R+ works better than metformin.

personally, it did not for me.I am considered "other" as I am not type 1 or 2 but I am diabetic due to an injury to my pancreas.
I took 200 of glucorells r+ before every meal and sugars never came down into range.I went on Metformin and worked up to 1,000 twice per day and sugars dropped almost in range.
I changed to Janumet and got into range for a short while.My stomach could not tolerate metformin as it tore it up bad.
I have been on every supplement and drug(orals) and only insulin(lantus) keeps my sugars low enough.
But they may work for a non diabetic just fine.

hey bro, can you explain this a little more? this is def the opposite of what many do (the opposite of how i carb cycle).

The most successful contest prep i've ever done was when i was eating low calories with no carbs whatsoever from sat to wed (i had carbs on monday night and wed night, and all of thursday)... on saturday i'd workout and i'd be fuller, tighter, pumped more than ever... was wondering why this had happened since it's the opposite of what most people do...
anyway, about 5 or 6 months ago, i fell on some research (it was just out and i heard it on NPR) that says there is significant improvement in insulin sensitivity in individuals who do not have carbs on workout days (they were talking about anaerobic exercise)... there is nothing that ever suggested it is better to have carbs on workout days and no carbs on rest is better or helps with sensitivity (it's just a fad and boils down to calories and that's what helps you lose the fat... why not eat higher cals of protein and fat on workout days, and lower cals from mostly carbs on non workout days?)

i've also never noticed getting "filled with glycogen" on carb days... i notice it 2 or 3 days later.

Metformin works for me.
I can't got too low on carbs or I go hypo and feel like crap :(

Metformin works for me.
I can't got too low on carbs or I go hypo and feel like crap :(

Do you get the blurred vision also? After about a day of no carbs I can't even read this forum anymore :D

Do you get the blurred vision also? After about a day of no carbs I can't even read this forum anymore :D

when i decide to drop my carbs, i feel lighter, better happier, healthier, smaller waist...
carbs (even just a little) make me feel like absolute shit... add some milk to those carbs and i'm an absolute mess!!!

problem is... i love the taste of milk, and i love to eat carbs :(

Yes

YES!!! I have found this to be completely true..

Losing fat, weight training, diet manipulation........anabolic steroids..........these are the king. Forcing your body to be insulin sensitive by not eating for stretches of time or no carbs after working out WILL help you reach THAT GOAL, but you will lose size and be at a disadvantage as a BODYBUILDER TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE.........but you sure will be more insulin sensitive.

Losing fat, weight training, diet manipulation........anabolic steroids..........these are the king. Forcing your body to be insulin sensitive by not eating for stretches of time or no carbs after working out WILL help you reach THAT GOAL, but you will lose size and be at a disadvantage as a BODYBUILDER TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE.........but you sure will be more insulin sensitive.

I was just saying that i have noticed being more sensitive since dropping body fat is all... There is no way i could go long periods no carbs and not eating.. Especially after a workout.... On top of that i wouldnt be able to stand the mood i would be in and either would the people around me!! haha

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear