over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increasing your HDL

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m on simvastatin. OTC didn’t work for my lipids. I just have a hard time bringing up my HDL. Everything else is good

Any experience with raising your HDL?

Besides the basics- cardio and diet the only thing I have found to be effective is Cardarine at 10-20mg daily. It will usually give me 12-15 points on the HDL.

If you need to balance out your trigs and LDL to compensate for low HDL, Inj L-Car does very well for that. It will usually knock my trigs down to below 60 at 600mg/day and up.

Omega3 in triglyceride form (not ethyl ester)
Niacin (B3)
Synthetine (L-Carn)

In my experience, consistent frequency in 60-70% of max heart rate

Don't forget about krill oil.

Niacin
Citrus berg
Fish oil
Krill oil
Cardio

DID NOT WORK. cardio is up to 50 min now

How does cardarine works? isn’t it a SARM?

Niacin
Citrus berg
Fish oil
Krill oil
Cardio

DID NOT WORK. cardio is up to 50 min now

How does cardarine works? isn’t it a SARM?
Cardarine(gw1516) is a PPAR not a sarm. It's sold by sarm companies. There is a slight cancer risk at higher doses. 6 weeks on 4 weeks off at 20mg a day than take 4 weeks off. It starts to loose effect and the time off is wise.

what is your hdl off cycle? are you taking orals or any AI ?

i thought the jury was still out regarding the effects that cardarine has on lipids... specifically, whether they are actually beneficial versus just being a meaningless change in a number.

perhaps @Type-IIx can elaborate - as im sure he has in a different thread on the topic before lol.

My cardiologist switched me from Lipitor to Crestor. He says my HDL should improve. I just had labs done last week. I will post results when I get them....should be soon.

i thought the jury was still out regarding the effects that cardarine has on lipids... specifically, whether they are actually beneficial versus just being a meaningless change in a number.

perhaps @Type-IIx can elaborate - as im sure he has in a different thread on the topic before lol.
I put together a Cardarine risk/reward profile here: [link]

Cardarine improves cholesterol efflux at a cost (i.e., cancer risk). It seemed to merely ameliorate HDL changes in a transition to sedentary activity in a clinical trial (i.e., it's not so effective at increasing HDL in healthy active resistance training adults).

Anyway, our knowledge of lipids & dyslipidemia is increasing at a rapid rate - and it would seem that increasing HDL as a therapeutic target is not so beneficial; it's really more important to understand that dyslipidemia is marked by ↑Apo B, ↓Apo A1 (i.e., a lower Apo B / Apo A1 ratio is better). Apo B is associated with VLDL & gives insight into LDL actually in bloodstream circulation. Apo A1 is associated with HDL & chylomicrons that transport lipids absorbed by intestines to rest of body.

Apo B & Lp(a) (not to be confused with Apo A1) are emerging as the interesting and relevant therapeutic targets. There's no effective therapy for sufficiently improving Lp(a) yet - but there are experimental treatments being investigated that may turn out to be great at this (antisense oligonucleotide therapy). Statins are effective at improving Apo B.

It seemed to merely ameliorate HDL changes in a transition to sedentary activity in a clinical trial (i.e., it's not so effective at increasing HDL in healthy active resistance training adults).

I have about 6-8 sets of labs that say otherwise.

I have consistently gotten 12-15 points on 10-20mg of cardarine. These results have been achieved while both blasting and on a TRT dose.

On 200-300mg/week Test only, my HDL is normally 40-42 but while adding Cardarine I have achieved 55-56.

On a blast while incorporating compounds such as both Primo and Winstrol, I'm am able to keep HDL around 25-26.

Back in the day before BB's were using Cardarine, my HDL would be 15 or lower on Winny.

PS. I have never noticed an endurance affect from it at any dose.

My cardiologist switched me from Lipitor to Crestor. He says my HDL should improve. I just had labs done last week. I will post results when I get them....should be soon.
What kind of dosage are you going to use for the Crestor?

Are you concerned about an issues with insulin resistance? Did you discuss Pitavastatin with him?

I have consistently gotten 12-15 points on 10-20mg of cardarine. These results have been achieved while both blasting and on a TRT dose.

On 200-300mg/week Test only, my HDL is normally 40-42 but while adding Cardarine I have achieved 55-56.

On a blast while incorporating compounds such as both Primo and Winstrol, I'm am able to keep HDL around 25-26.

Back in the day before BB's were using Cardarine, my HDL would be 15 or lower on Winny.

Agreed 100%

What kind of dosage are you going to use for the Crestor?

Are you concerned about an issues with insulin resistance? Did you discuss Pitavastatin with him?

If I were to use a statin, my number 1 choice would be pitavastatin.

Got it, you like Cardarine. I'd say that is a modest increase, not worth the risks particularly considering increasing HDL does not confer any cardiovascular benefits per se. This is assuming 100% causality to Cardarine rather than activity and diet. But Godspeed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131