over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Increasing your HDL

Well, no statins work well without a good diet with me. I took 20mg of Lipitar before which didn't do much. I took supplements that did help some, but numbers were never close to this. I took this combination, 20mg of Atorvastatine and 10mg of Ezetimibe, and got off all supplements to see if it worked. I also eat decent with it. That was the winning combination for me. I had problems with cholesterol many years too.
I have had issues with cholesterol through out my life but mine has always been to low and have spent a couple decades trying to get in up. I eat well and always have as i got interested in health before muscle. Even when i don't eat well cholesterol is low even on cycle. The highest it has ever been is 155 with LDL of 95. HDL is usually low 40's. The levels of cholesterolfor heart health are much lower the for all cause mortality so getting mine into a overall healthy range has been my goal. As having good numbers and eating well and low BP have lead me to having a high calcium score i was was mostly wondering how you got the HDL that high with low total.

Its really "Oxidized LDL" that is bad. Again, they dont test for it. Tests being done was to make as much $$$ as possible.
Biggest selling drug in history.

Some could have very low LDL, and if most of it is Oxidized, its far much worse than someone with high LDL w/ zero oxidation.

Well, no statins work well without a good diet with me. I took 20mg of Lipitar before which didn't do much. I took supplements that did help some, but numbers were never close to this. I took this combination, 20mg of Atorvastatine and 10mg of Ezetimibe, and got off all supplements to see if it worked. I also eat decent with it. That was the winning combination for me. I had problems with cholesterol many years too.
10mg of Ezetimibe worked incredibly well for me at lowering Apo B and LDL. Never seen lower numbers.

10mg of Ezetimibe worked incredibly well for me at lowering Apo B and LDL. Never seen lower numbers.
You take it by itself? I personally don't think Lipitar at 20 mg. does much.

Do you know if Ezetimibe also increases HDL?
With me it didn't. HDL is same with it. Lowers LDL and Total a lot though.

Just had my cholesterol checked. On 250 mg of test, 100 mg of Deca. Total 111, HDL 39, LDL 62. All other blood work was good, except Total testosterone and Free testosterone were high for obvious reasons.

This is about where I sit. I take Lipitor 20mg as well. Nothing gets my hdl over 39 (maybe it was 41 once). Statin does nothing for my hdl but helps ldl. Right now I'm 200 test e and 200 deca. Ran that uninterrupted for multiple years a while back with constant solid bloods (test and deca don't seem to ever move my blood work). 100 deca is about my threshold for joints. 200mg of deca makes a REAL difference in my cruise as I constantly lose muscle between blasts on 200mg test hrt. I imagine any ratio of test/deca at 300-400mg total will be fine for me. Though test has to be equal or greater than deca these days or I get substantial libido loss.

I'm late 40s. Providing above as our cruises, statin use and cholesterol issues seem similar so maybe helpful data points.

Do you know if Ezetimibe also increases HDL?
The effect didn't seem too strong on that but Apo B is a far more important risk factor of cardiovascular disease.

You take it by itself? I personally don't think Lipitar at 20 mg. does much.
Yea by itself, although I just added a low dose of Simavastatin at 10mg after those labs to drive my Apo B even lower.

Taking 30mg of Crestor I was at 154 (total), 52 HDL and 85 LDL - I have a 342 calcium score - a top cardiologist told me I need to get my LDL near 40 - I lowered Crestor to 20mg and added Repatha - went to Italy for several weeks - ate what I wanted - my numbers went to 108 total, 69 HDL and 21 LDL

As to LDL being too low - the Mayo clinic shows zero evidence of the bro science risks that are being brought up in this thread

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131