over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Index/middle finger numb/tingling for a month + now

w8tlifterty

Registered
I’ve yet to see my doctor as I was hoping it’d go away. I have pinched nerves and a herniated disc(s) I’m certain of from preparing for powerlifting comps in my earlier years.

The last few years, I’ve had to pretty much eliminate dead’s from my programming as wo fail it would tweak my back & cause my sciatica to flare up as I’ve gotten older.

My ego recently got the best of me and I wanted to make sure I could still pull good wgt. I could, but paid the price. Felt a small tweak/twinge on my top set but nothing bad… several days later, my right forearm ached and my index and middle finger felt numb. Also some discomfort right below my right trap and a stabbing feeling in my right ribs.

Fast forward a month later and most the discomfort is gone but my index/middle finger are still completely numb w no feeling. Workouts have actually been largely unaffected although I can’t hit heavy top sets of flat bench due to being unable to rack the wgt on that right side as it feels like things just give out at the top end, left side is unaffected.

Those that have dealt w pinched nerves/nerve damage…any recommendations or things that worked for you?? To my knowledge there’s not a whole lot you can do? I’ve not taken any anti inflammatory meds as I try to take as little of that stuff as possible.

Look up carpel tunnel stretches. Not saying that's what it is but those stretches really helped me with hand and finger numbness.

You possibly have something going on with c5-c6-c7 these are the vertebrae that the nerves stem off and go down your arms etc.

Nip this in the bud sooner than later, I ended up losing a ton of strength in my left pec/tricep/lat/forearm also lost size/volume of muscle

I am coming on two years, my fingers still have some numbness, muscles are mostly back to normal but I can tell a difference.

I am not certain of this but have read it. many times, the longer the nerve damage goes on the more is lost or can't be replaced

There is tons of info on YouTube and the internet as a whole as you narrow down your symptoms, of things to help "fix" it

You will find a lot of suggestion for Chiro, massage, acupuncture. Often times these scenarios happen due to muscle imbalances, over compensation of one for another, a weak muscle etc

Good luck

I had this happen recently. I got wedge for neck stretch and did the nerve flossing every day because it was a 3 month wait for a neurologist. It was fixed in 2 months. Look up the nerve flossing on YouTube

You possibly have something going on with c5-c6-c7 these are the vertebrae that the nerves stem off and go down your arms etc.

Nip this in the bud sooner than later, I ended up losing a ton of strength in my left pec/tricep/lat/forearm also lost size/volume of muscle

I am coming on two years, my fingers still have some numbness, muscles are mostly back to normal but I can tell a difference.

I am not certain of this but have read it. many times, the longer the nerve damage goes on the more is lost or can't be replaced

There is tons of info on YouTube and the internet as a whole as you narrow down your symptoms, of things to help "fix" it

You will find a lot of suggestion for Chiro, massage, acupuncture. Often times these scenarios happen due to muscle imbalances, over compensation of one for another, a weak muscle etc

Good luck
This^^^^

I have been dealing with it for years (c5-c6 herniated disc/inflammation) pain in neck, under scapula, down arm weakened triceps, numb hand fingers etc.

I have used prednisone packs, Prolozone injections, chronic use of Ibuprofen & Indomethacin etc. I have scheduled and cancelled Cervical surgery to repair and cancelled twice when symptoms subsided thank goodness.

However I have recently discovered the magic of full body Cryotherapy. I cannot over emphasize what a complete game changer this is. Literally 1 max-cold 3 minute cryo-session completely solves my problem for several weeks usually.
I highly recommend trying it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity