over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Infection on the road

Wonton

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Nov 22

All right so I'm in the middle of driving to South Carolina driving through Oklahoma taking like the 40 I think I may have gotten an infection over the last 3 days but I don't have my amoxicillin with me unfortunately so anybody have any recommendations

If you map out Oklahoma to Surfside South Carolina you'll see the path that I'm taking I was thinking fish stores etc I called yesterday in Texas but they said that they don't sell amoxicillin and fish stores because people were snatching them out I was thinking maybe some over the counter things but I'm not really sure what to take

Nov 22

All right so I'm in the middle of driving to South Carolina driving through Oklahoma taking like the 40 I think I may have gotten an infection over the last 3 days but I don't have my amoxicillin with me unfortunately so anybody have any recommendations

If you map out Oklahoma to Surfside South Carolina you'll see the path that I'm taking I was thinking fish stores etc I called yesterday in Texas but they said that they don't sell amoxicillin and fish stores because people were snatching them out I was thinking maybe some over the counter things but I'm not really sure what to take
but what infection? do you have inflammation and pus after injection?

Yeah there's no puss or anything yet that I know of its just swollen hurts so it's kind of preemptive just to be safe and sportswoman today and it's warm

Doxycyline at pet or feed store.
Yeah so what I'm being told is they're out of crap but a lot of them have penicillin will penicillin work

Yeah so what I'm being told is they're out of crap but a lot of them have penicillin will penicillin work
Im not a Dr, but if you're not going to see one, Penicillin is labeled for a puncture wound, but... It's low on the list. So it must be taken for 2 weeks and you might need something stronger.

I would chill for a few days. Ive had times where I was for suuure certain it was an infection and it was just the worst PIP ever that subsided after 5-6 days. I also had this in a foreign country so you can imagine the shit that was flying thru my head. Right now, its just painful. Nothing guaranteeing its an infection.

Also, what did you inject? anything unusual or out of the ordinary?

I'll hit a clinic if it gets crazy

Just being cautious

Just being cautious
Rural King and Tractor Supply both sell antibiotics if u get desperate.

Just being cautious
A clinic would probably be best in the long run. I know it's a hassle. Some drug stores and places like Kroger have 'minute clinics' that aren't too bad. If you have insurance some offer virtual visits that you can just do over your phone or PC.

I would hit the ibuprofen hard for a few days and see if that helps. If it hasn't changed then I would get some antibiotics or go to the Dr. I have had times I thought I had an infection and took Ibuprofen and and it would go down and be good.

Im not a Dr, but if you're not going to see one, Penicillin is labeled for a puncture wound, but... It's low on the list. So it must be taken for 2 weeks and you might need something stronger.
I went to website online 1 hour later $65 dropped
30 amoxicillin picked up at Walgreens $23 for them

Boom

Thanks everyone

ICING has help me retard soft tissue infections in past without having to resort to antibiotics if you catch it early enough

For steroid infections what antibiotics are recommended just out of curiosity?

It's not my area, some of the nurses and MD's here can go into more detail, but certain antibiotics (abx) are ideal, and others aren't, in these situations, and the infection type. Not saying Amoxicillin can't help, but maybe some of the nursing staff here can chime in.

Good luck though man....tough year for you:(

Places that sell fish supplies like pet stores can sell antibiotics for fish with out a script and it is still USP.

I went to website online 1 hour later $65 dropped
30 amoxicillin picked up at Walgreens $23 for them

Boom

Thanks everyone
Just now seeing this my friend. IMO... good move on getting those amoxies.

Stay safe brotha, hang in there, and keep us updated.

Nov 22

Drain that fucker asap you can walk in to any clinic too nothing is worth permanent damage bro.

Nov 22

Amoxicillin def needs a prescription, if the infection has progressed please see your local urgent care. Beside over the counter
· Bacitracin (Neosporin)
· Polymyxin (Polysporin)
· Neomycin (Neosporin Plus Pain Relief)
· Pramoxine.
· Benzoyl peroxide (Proactiv)

Amoxicillin def needs a prescription, if the infection has progressed please see your local urgent care. Beside over the counter
· Bacitracin (Neosporin)
· Polymyxin (Polysporin)
· Neomycin (Neosporin Plus Pain Relief)
· Pramoxine.
· Benzoyl peroxide (Proactiv)
My ex wife was an ICU nurse and I did the same with an infection, well I drained 23 ml out of what had been 2ml of winny, I was still a MW 2 days before a show so like 23 years old but being so close to a show I think my immune was down and or fake tan got pushed into a shot with no BA in it. 24 hours later my left bi is like 3 inches bigger than right. Pop a 21 in my arm and didn’t have to pull the pressure pushed the stopper back. We’ll bc my wife was an RN I had every thing we chose to use Bactrim and then I was rubbing triple bac on it and she said don’t waste your time the ointment won’t do anything below the skin it can even seal bacteria in so don’t use it. I thought same as you but I wouldn’t use topical. I competed never had to go to doc but my left bi if you look really really close doesn’t peak like my right and yes b4 that it did. No pain no measurable size diff but 15 years later I can still tell, fuck 20 years later. Seems like yesterday

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws