over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Infection?

Slyder190

Registered
My cousin pinned his delt Sunday and he says his arm is swelled and his temp is 100? What do you advise boys? Thank you in advance.

Tell your "cousin" to go to the dr instead of asking for advice on a message board

Xpac I will tell my cousin see his doc. Try not being so "condescending" as if my actual cousin didn't hit me up last asking my opinion. As I would for a family or a friend, I sought some advice from those who might have some insight. It has never happened to me personally, and my advice was the same, I just told him wait it out another 24 hrs first. In the future if you can't add anything without doing so from your high horse then sit it out.

Xpac I will tell my cousin see his doc. Try not being so "condescending" as if my actual cousin didn't hit me up last asking my opinion. As I would for a family or a friend, I sought some advice from those who might have some insight. It has never happened to me personally, and my advice was the same, I just told him wait it out another 24 hrs first. In the future if you can't add anything without doing so from your high horse then sit it out.

Naw I'll continue to be condescending. Your welcome for saving your "cousins" life. Thats absolutely terrible advice telling him to wait 24 hours if he has swelling and a fever

The guys behind the keyboards are always so bad ass. I personally only ever had lumps that stuck around for a week or so. My worst problem. I'm a grown man, if I have a personsl issue, I have no issue stating so. It's part of what we all do here, help eachother out, not act like an online tough guy and embarrass yourself. Anyway my cousin is goin to see a doc tonight. Thought he may have just had a reaction and his fever didnt go over 100, so yes, I told him wait it out.

Last edited:
:banghead:it’s soo easy to get antibiotics I really don’t understand?????

If he has a temp and its swollen then yes he should see a doc. Knowing what I know now I would keep antibiotics around if I was still pinning. They are cheap and can save you.

Having a temperature and the swelling/pain is getting worse each day is a sign it is time to go in for help now. I had an abscess that ended up needing surgery because I waited around too long to seek help.

Def go to a doc. A friend of mine almost died of a severe infection. He thought it was test flu; had to get large pieces of his quad, glute and delt cut out to prevent the infection from spreading - like 15" scars, it was awful

He pinned Sunday and by Tuesday night he has a small fever... Personally I would watch it before jumping onto anti-biotics. What is the progression? Was fever 100 Monday morning and stayed the same? The body is built to fight infection, we don`t always need to jump right on things and destroy our gut.

actually it can also be an inflammation due to some intolerance.
I've had the same already twice, i just didn't tolerate the roids, but it became after 3 days. if the temperature is not going up and the feeling is not getting worse, it should become better by itself

I appreciate the real world advice. He didn't go yet but said it's even worse today as far as how his arm feels. I told him absolutely see a dr ASAP. I think he was afraid to see a dr because of the cause but I told him not to even sweat that, to put his health above all, and the dr may lecture him but thats about the worst the dr can do, that their job is to help him get well. I'll keep ya all updated and thank you again. One more thing, I don't think it was contaminated gear. I got him his test from a trusted lab I am currently using. I think something was not sterile enough somewhere in the whole pinning process.

Last edited:
Very painful and purple and tender to the touch. Anyone have or know of a similar situation?

How many times do you (or your cousin) have to be told to go see a doc? What are you waiting for, sepsis? No, I'm not trying to be a 'condescending' ass, but this isn't really rocket science. I had an abscess drained last week and have been taking Keflex for a couple weeks, or more now. I've been pinning for 20+ years and get lumps all the time, but this was really warm to the touch with my delt and upper arm noticeably swollen, and red. No fever but severe nausea. I knew it was time to take some action on this one.

Get to the doc now. The more you wait, the more dangerous and expensive its going to be to fix.

Last edited:
Doc said bad infection. Not localized. Gave him antibiotics to take 2x a day for 10 days and hopefully all good after that. Officially cellulitis.

Last edited:
Doc said bad infection. Not localized. Gave him antibiotics to take 2x a day for 10 days and hopefully all good after that. Officially cellulitis.

Thanks for posting the update. Do you know what meds and doses he was given?

fevers are dangerous, brain damage is possible, never play with that. take fever reducer and antibiotics

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear