over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Inflammation

Backfrominjury

Registered
I’ve been experiencing a lot of inflammation pretty much everywhere. Even in my hands and while not on cycle. What do you guys use to combat inflammation?

Joint/back/knee pain and pressure. Went to the chiropractor and got X rays. Dr says a lot of arthritis and inflammation. I’m 48. Been training for 37 years. A lot of wear and tear. Not playing the mass game anymore. Just trying to be as pain free as possible while still being able to lift.

Did your doctor recommend anything? This sounds systemic and like medication may be the best intervention.

What did your labs look like? Cortisol? ANA? CRP?

I think you would need blood work to see if you are really having elevated inflammatory markers. I would start off by including more stretching into your routine and ice your most painful spot on a daily basis.

There could be a lot to this and changes in multiple areas could benefit you. Some things that come to mind include...

Sauna's, ice baths, deep tissue massage, curcumin, bromelain, collagen, omega 3, bpc-157, tb-500, eating the right foods, getting enough sleep and staying stress free etc.

Did your doctor recommend anything? CRP?
That's what I was going to recommend: a CRP test.

I remember John Meadows saying that he saw a marked decrease in inflammation as measured by a CRP test after taking a tumeric/curcumin supplement. I also supplement with fish oil (2X per day) and Glucosamine SULFATE (not HCl). I don't know the dosage off-hand, but I take two tablets at lunch and then just before bed. I'm 55 and have very few aches and pains . . . an occasional back flare-up but that's not inflammation related IMO.

If you want to be bigger and stronger then most other guys your age then in my experience you are going to have inflammation and some of the negative effects that come with it. Some of the effects can be mitigated with things we are supposed to have been doing all along. I have used various anti inflammatory products for some time. But in the end we pay the price for what we do. I always assumed i would have pain and discomfort from my choices. 30 years ago a chiropractor told me i would be in a lot of pain when i get older then laughed. 10 years ago an ortho told me i would hate getting old. And so far they have both been fairly on target. My workouts now are very uninspiring and other areas are in the moderate range. Striving for moderation can be a hard goal to accomplish so i do still have challenges in my life.

If you want to be bigger and stronger then most other guys your age then in my experience you are going to have inflammation and some of the negative effects that come with it. Some of the effects can be mitigated with things we are supposed to have been doing all along. I have used various anti inflammatory products for some time. But in the end we pay the price for what we do. I always assumed i would have pain and discomfort from my choices. 30 years ago a chiropractor told me i would be in a lot of pain when i get older then laughed. 10 years ago an ortho told me i would hate getting old. And so far they have both been fairly on target. My workouts now are very uninspiring and other areas are in the moderate range. Striving for moderation can be a hard goal to accomplish so i do still have challenges in my life.
🙏

Truer words have not been spoken.

I would get blood work just to be safe, not a fan of chrios rather see a physical therapist or orthopedic that works with athletes.

As a chiropractor it’s not surprising his advice was deep tissue massage 2x a month, chiropractic adjustments 2x a week, ice and stretching.
My discs have started to fuse together and have arthritis in them as well as the shoulders. Years of heavy benching and pressing. I always took every set to failure. I was one of those who even though we always hear the benefits and necessity of stretching, I never made the time for it. Some poor choices are coming back demanding payment. If I could start over I’d change my routine to incorporate a more balanced approach to fitness.

I had blood work done about 2 months ago and although I can’t remember any numbers there was nothing alarming there. It was actually my best in years. I’m going to ask for a copy of those results and give it a second look and will post numbers.

Joint/back/knee pain and pressure. Went to the chiropractor and got X rays. Dr says a lot of arthritis and inflammation. I’m 48. Been training for 37 years. A lot of wear and tear. Not playing the mass game anymore. Just trying to be as pain free as possible while still being able to lift.
I'm 61 and lots of wear and tear. Diet is key to keeping down inflammation. Eliminate anything processed. Reduce sugar. Remove breads and pasta. Basically live off foods that are directly harvested from the earth. Once your inflammation reduces you can try to add back some things on a limited basis. For me that might be specific breads that don't trigger inflammation and a little white wine imported from South America or Italy. Stables for me are ground turkey, chicken breast, sirloin, Tilapia, spinach, peas and carrots, grapes, bananas, Basmati rice, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, vegetables fresh from my garden.

Diet is key to keeping down inflammation. Eliminate anything processed. Reduce sugar. Remove breads and pasta. Basically live off foods that are directly harvested from the earth. Once your inflammation reduces you can try to add back some things on a limited basis. For me that might be specific breads that don't trigger inflammation and a little white wine imported from South America or Italy. Stables for me are ground turkey, chicken breast, sirloin, Tilapia, spinach, peas and carrots, grapes, bananas, Basmati rice, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, vegetables fresh from my garden.

This. Inflmmation is a natural response to lifting but not like this. I think adjusting diet for inflammation is super under rated.

When I go back to just meat and vegetables for a few days my "bad" knee becomes unnoticeable.

Believe it or not, most UG gear will cause inflammation.
For example, I was using Test E from the best lab in Canada, good results. However my whole body was aching.

Switched to Pharma grade, inflammation gone.
Stated UG Eq, same shit.

For example, I was using Test E from the best lab in Canada, good results. However my whole body was aching.

Stated UG Eq, same shit.
This is true. That old cbl tren made me break out in hives. Once I was running a heavy blast using all short esters felt like shit for a while. Switched to long esters so less cc in my body felt fine. I think it's all the solvents that I was putting in my body due to so many cc that had me messed up

Stated UG Eq, same shit.
inflammation and excessive mucus are precursors to many diseases including autoimmune ones, i think it's a smart thing for us to do as humanoid to try to mitigate the excess and endogenous inflammation

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear