over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Info on HST Workout Program

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hypertrophy Specific Training (HST)
**broken link removed**

Thought I'd re-post this info since I responded to "Slight problem with power routine" http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4966

About HST: I'm not purporting as the end-all workout. I was doing a variation of HIT and had MUCH success with it. I do believe that your body will eventually adjust to any load placed on it - hence my body was ready for a change.

HST seemed to be a good option to try and it still kicks my ass! I started doing it at first part of May.

You may say it's overtraining but the premise of it is that you're not placing any more load on your body than training one body part once a week (doing 6 sets of an exercise per week). Following HIT, you do full body workouts only 3x a week. This translates to 6 sets of an exercise per week. I see it as more of a volume type of training as you vary the number of reps every 2 weeks, beggining with 15 reps per exercise. I don't drop below 5 reps per exercise as I just seem to put too high a stress on my joints going with lower reps (remember my age - but I actually discovered you don't need low reps when I was ~40). At the - no less than 5 rep per exercise - I've INCREASED my strength and SIZE (even at the ripe ol' age of 40!).

I'm doing HST and am far from being an expert on the system. Given that, here's my take on it. You need to complete the target number of reps for each exercise. If you fail on last rep (but still able to complete it), it's OK - but you don't intentionally go til failure. Remember, you're doing 2 sets of everything.

When you first begin, you may have to increase your weight for second set as amount of weight for first set was too light. You may not have increased it enough for 2nd set, so just increase the weight for next time you do exercise. Same goes for if weight is too heavy - just reduce weight to hit target reps (15 reps in the beggining of program is a lot of reps!).

The program is way too large to try and outline in a post. If you want to e-mail me, I'll send you a spreadsheet that I made and use. They say to begin with Squats but I readjusted the program to begin with chest. My legs are my strong bodypart and chest weak. So when I'm the freshest, I do chest. I also have it setup as a push-pull routine. I'll begin with a "slight" incline bench (about 7" raise) then immediately follow the exercise with bent-over rows - a superset. I do this workout at home and superset so I can get through entire workout in one hour. If I don't superset, the program takes way too long (too much time used up in setting-up weights/exercises).

You need to adjust/make the program work for you!

xcel

Last edited:
Please "e-mail" me if you're interested (not PM) as I can't attach the file in a PM.

If you don't know how to find my e-mail addy (under any user's post <Profile>) it's [email protected]

xcel

agree

i have read about hst but never done it till xcel showed me the program. i was so impressed that i and 2 of my partners are doing it. the way xcel has it set up works great. i am still crying half way thru the workout and i am on my 4th week. i used the first week to find my 15 rep range then started it the second week. i have change a couple of the exercises becuse of what i actually get out of that exercise but basicly do what he sent.
thanks bro for the help. hst is great!

^

bump

xcel

hst works great but every program whether it be german volume, HIT, 5x5 etc will work but you have to have variety. i have found that changing my workout program every 2-3 weeks works best for me. i do not think that any one program is necessarily better than the other. you have to know how periodize your training to optimize muscle growth, change = growth.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131