YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ingrown hairs....constant battle anyone have any tips?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Anytime I shave my back, shoulders and especially top of my arms I get all these ingrown hairs that look terrible. Big red pimples and on my crotch it’s more like huge ugly boils. I shower before and after, I keep myself clean I wear clean clothes....still happens. It’s not really acne even though they look like pimples there is always a hair in them. Takes forever for them to clear up and then there is just a new batch next time...

My doc who also does acne told me to put polysporin on my crotch before shaving it, going to try that for my arms and shoulders also.

Anyone have any other tips? What’s the point of looking like a billy badass if you’re covered in ugly red dots 🤦🏻‍♂️

try putting some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. When you’re done shaving and showering, just give it a light spray over where you shaved. Be easy on the private spots. Used to get breakouts when I shaved my neck and head and then I tried this and breakouts stopped. Just be sure to use a good moisturizer after. Also, make sure you’re using a good razor (Gillette fusion 5 pro glide). With good shave cream. I use bull dog shave gel as well as bull dog moisturizer. Don’t try prolonging the life of the blade either, dull blades will do the most harm. You’d probably have to change the blade each shave. If that doesn’t help, buy the philips one blade and use that from now on. Almost skin level shave. With zero discomfort

Your issue is foliculitis, so it's either genetics or something is off with your shaving technique or regimen. First, you may have easily clogged pores, which can be difficult, but can be somewhat mitigated by a clean, sharp blade, a good quality shaving soap or cream and possibly a decent aftershave care routine. Also, this is gonna sound kinda weird and maybe too much trouble, but try to see which direction the hair grows and cut either in that direction or diagnonal to it, not against the grain.

What you may be dealing with could be folliculitis, rather than acne or ingrown hairs. I deal with that too, the worst of it being at the back of my head/neck.

I have heard of people who have had some success using Nizoral shampoo as a a full body wash. I've never gotten it to go completely away, even with RX topicals from the dermatologist. I believe a course of antibiotics can knock it down, but of course that approach has its own disadvantages.

Yes, you guys have it correct....folliculitis. I've done everything you guys suggested including the nizoral, also don't want to go the antibiotic route. The topical antibiotic cream/gel may have some merit but god is it frustrating.

I use clippers everywhere , if I have to get closer than that I use Nair for men.
Any time I shave with a razor I'll get ingrown hairs , my hamstrings and lower back are the worst

I use the electric shaver.. not the clipper type but the ones meant for getting your skin smooth. Areas where I can’t use a razor due to ingrown hairs I use the electric shaver.

Cage

I use clippers everywhere , if I have to get closer than that I use Nair for men.
Any time I shave with a razor I'll get ingrown hairs , my hamstrings and lower back are the worst

Same. Some guys are just prone and unless you have to shave, clippers are far more convenient without having to deal with extra things like ingrown hairs. I dunno how you shaving guys do it, plus the stubble growing back and the feeling of that, plus your clothes against your skin? Ugh lol

This thread reminds me of the time I trimmed my back hair in a hotel bathtub and clogged the entire drain with the amount of hair that came off

This thread reminds me of the time I trimmed my back hair in a hotel bathtub and clogged the entire drain with the amount of hair that came off

We're derailing the fuck outta this, and I'm gonna stop after this post, but once the shower drain was clogged in the bathroom my girlfriend at the time always used

No biggie, not a total clog, just draining slowly, let's unscrew the drain cover

Looked an awful lot like cootie hair to me

I get the same thing. Stop shaving those areas with a razor. Get a Manscape clipper. If you need a closer shave than what clippers will provide go get waxed.

I get them on the hamstring area too, and it sucks. If I shave it often, I don't usually have an issue. However, if I start getting stubble and I don't shave it soon, as the hair starts growing out, it gets irritated easily (friction from the clothing rubbing against it?).

For the back and shoulder areas, I never get any irritation on the shoulders. I usually have the wife quickly trim up the back with a beard and mustache trimmer, and I never get any irritation at all anywhere. However, lately she's been bitching some of the times i've asked her to do it, so I got a BakBlader 2.0, and it does an awesome job. It shaves it close, but I get a little irritation from it for a few days afterward. You also have be be careful of cutting off any moles....had a bleeder go on from nipping one. I may get a Mangroomer to compare it to.

I never get any razor burn on my arms or anywhere else on my arms/legs/shoulders/man-junk areas from my Gillette Fusion blade. However, I do get it bad on my chest, so I just use the beard and mustache trimmer on this area, which is good enough.

Wow! I shave every thing (including my taint!) Never had one ingrown hair. Sounds like your shaving too rough against the direction the hair grows in.

My husband gets this quite bad, it’s 90% fixed now after he started taking evening primrose oil tabs twice daily :)

Look into getting some althrocin (erythromycin) lotion and apply it twice daily till it resolves. Thereafter, you can apply it right after you shave as a preventative.

Not sure if any of the sponsors here carry erythromycin lotion? Although there's a few overseas places you can get it dirt cheap.

Can vouch for the polysporin. When i used to have to shave every day i would get those types of ingrown hairs on my neck. Applying polysporin after shaving fixed the problem

For foliculitis the best thing I have found to prevent it is Hibiclens. You can also get the generic at CVS, Walgreens, etc.

Also, as mentioned not shaving with a razor. Just use clipper no guard so the follicle itself does not get irritated.

Look into getting some althrocin (erythromycin) lotion and apply it twice daily till it resolves. Thereafter, you can apply it right after you shave as a preventative.

Not sure if any of the sponsors here carry erythromycin lotion? Although there's a few overseas places you can get it dirt cheap.

How does that compare with say a topical Clindamycin gel? Thanks, i'll look for it so I can have it on hand. Maybe one of these online vet places have it...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws