YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Injecting oral steroids offer any actual benefits for liver?

cracker backer

Registered
Verified Customer
Hoping to hear some different thoughts on this, I’ve heard opinions in both directions:

Does injecting oral steroids (dbol, superdrol, adrol, etc) cause less stress/damage to the liver?

Since you’re at least cutting down from 2 passes through liver to one pass when going injection route instead of oral, it would on the surface seem that maybe liver stress is 50% less when injecting versus taking orally? But I realize it’s not necessarily that simple...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm skeptical about the claim that injecting 17aa steroids will make them less liver toxic.
Yes, you avoid the first pass when injecting it, but once they reach circulation, each steroid molecule will still go through the liver and cause the same damage they would if going through the portal vein first. So in that case the stress on the liver would only be more spread out over time, which may be beneficial. Another possibility is that more of the 17aa steroids are metabolized outside the liver in a way that changes their liver toxicity. But I'm not sure if there is any metabolization outside the liver (apart from things like aromatization which preserve the 17aa).

So if anything, injecting 'oral' steroids will only make them slightly less liver toxic per mg that reaches circulation. On the flip side though, oral steroids taken by mouth have less bioavailability than when injecting them. So taking 20mg of superdrol by mouth will mean less supedrol in your circulation than when injecting 20mg. As a result, 20mg of injected superdrol will do more damage to your liver than taking 20mg by mouth (ignoring other potential factors mentioned above). But of course you also get more effect out of the injected 20mg due to the higher bioavailability. Thus why I say "less liver toxic per mg that reaches circulation.

In practice, you can just assume that the same dose of oral and injectable oral steroids will do the same amount of damage.

if you eat poison or inject poison the end result is the same.

I think for most ppl who use injectable orals do it because of the stomach distress/issues they get when takin them orally, my stomach fucks up bad when i use orals but not when i inject em.

Magnum said in a post that most of the muscle in bodybuilding is built with high dose test and deca.

those will have very little impact on your liver and lipids, relatively speaking.

why not stick with those tbh?

Magnum said in a post that most of the muscle in bodybuilding is built with high dose test and deca.

those will have very little impact on your liver and lipids, relatively speaking.

If all you care about is mass, yes those are the best.

They will not produce a lean look, that everyone wants from Tren and DHTs.
They will not produce insane strength gains that comes from orals.

Hoping to hear some different thoughts on this, I’ve heard opinions in both directions:

Does injecting oral steroids (dbol, superdrol, adrol, etc) cause less stress/damage to the liver?

Since you’re at least cutting down from 2 passes through liver to one pass when going injection route instead of oral, it would on the surface seem that maybe liver stress is 50% less when injecting versus taking orally? But I realize it’s not necessarily that simple...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as injectable orals go, you can also bypass alot of liver stress by taking TUDCA and other liver supplements.

If all you care about is mass, yes those are the best.

They will not produce a lean look, that everyone wants from Tren and DHTs.
They will not produce insane strength gains that comes from orals.

lean look = mass + low body fat

sure, test and deca are not potent androgens... but DNP will strip all your fat off.. and test/deca/mk677 will make you look full af

get some melanotan 2, and you are looking good

just .02 coming from a guy with trashed HDL and a slightly inflamed liver lmao :eek:

lean look = mass + low body fat

sure, test and deca are not potent androgens... but DNP will strip all your fat off.. and test/deca/mk677 will make you look full af

get some melanotan 2, and you are looking good

just .02 coming from a guy with trashed HDL and a slightly inflamed liver lmao :eek:

I have never used DNP. Maybe I never dieted hard enough on Test/Deca.

My first few years I ran nothing BUT mostly Test/Deca, because all I wanted was size, and I was scared of side effects. I got to 290lbs+ on those.

Everything else either affects different organ systems, or trashes cholesterol levels, or makes your hair fall out. :(

I can tell you though, that 10 weeks into Test/Deca cycle, the addition of Anadrol in week #11 added more strength in weeks #11-12 than I gained from weeks #1-10 on Test/Deca. But also the Anadrol caused my BP to spike and lipids to go to hell.

Edit: Test + Deca + hGH peptides will make you look full as hell. Nothing will really make you "bigger", in my experience. You gotta be careful of the bloat though, and bodyfat accumulation.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical about the claim that injecting 17aa steroids will make them less liver toxic.
Yes, you avoid the first pass when injecting it, but once they reach circulation, each steroid molecule will still go through the liver and cause the same damage they would if going through the portal vein first. So in that case the stress on the liver would only be more spread out over time, which may be beneficial. Another possibility is that more of the 17aa steroids are metabolized outside the liver in a way that changes their liver toxicity. But I'm not sure if there is any metabolization outside the liver (apart from things like aromatization which preserve the 17aa).

So if anything, injecting 'oral' steroids will only make them slightly less liver toxic per mg that reaches circulation. On the flip side though, oral steroids taken by mouth have less bioavailability than when injecting them. So taking 20mg of superdrol by mouth will mean less supedrol in your circulation than when injecting 20mg. As a result, 20mg of injected superdrol will do more damage to your liver than taking 20mg by mouth (ignoring other potential factors mentioned above). But of course you also get more effect out of the injected 20mg due to the higher bioavailability. Thus why I say "less liver toxic per mg that reaches circulation.

In practice, you can just assume that the same dose of oral and injectable oral steroids will do the same amount of damage.

Long time ago I experimented with Reforvit B. That was basically Dianabol and vitamin B in an injectable. It was water based and not oil.

I tried both injecting and taking it orally. I felt that orally it was better. I seemed to get greater pumps and a better workout when taking it orally about 1 hour before workout. Injecting it a few hours before the workout didn't produce the same effect. I ended up just drinking it after that. Tasted rather bad because of the vitamin B but it wasn't terrible. It had some kind of numbing agent in it too and would make your tongue numb.

I don`t think there is any way around damage to your body taking things. Even injectable hormones cause stress on your liver. They are mostly cholesterol based and are still broken down by the liver.

I get zero stomach issues from ject orals.
Also, my enzymes are barely raised with Ject versions.
I have liver enzymes checked every month. Orals destroy it unless I'm using special liver care.

What makes orals stressful for the liver is their methylation. This allows the compound to not only survive oral consumption, it makes it active and working much longer in the bloodstream. Hence why many orals have a much stronger effect on a mg per mg basis than injectables. So in the case of oral steroids they will cause about the same amount of liver stress and lipid havock whether you inject them or take them orally. Only difference with injecting them is they tend to be a bit stronger as a bit more gets into the bloodsteam and they release slightly slower.

Injectable orals are harder on the liver due to increased absorption, it all still gets metabolized the same way and it's the metabolism that is toxic.

Most of the muscle is built with time; and injectables are the ones we can run for longer durations which keeps that protein turnover high...

That's why these suicide cycles that guys post make me laugh, muscle (REAL muscle tissue) takes time to build. Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, and in the vets: decade after decade. Especially in the less genetically inclined where your body fights tooth and nail for every lb.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit

It's not that different, taking 100mg of winstrol orally is about like injecting 70mg from one animal study I remember reading.

It's not that different, taking 100mg of winstrol orally is about like injecting 70mg from one animal study I remember reading.
I've been trying to find info on the precise oral bioavailability of steroids, but I couldn't find a single number. So would be awesome if you could find the study. 70% would be quite a bit lower than I expected.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear