over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

injectioin question..

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im not sure why but I am having so much trouble with my injetions lately, I was on a role for about 6 weeks no problems at all, all injections were fast easy and not much pain, now after reading a few injection whore storries, and asshole guy grundys artical about hitting a nerve in his tri and not being able to move hardly for a month I am REALLY nervous, yesterday i had so much trouble i would stick the needle in partically and feel some pain and pull out saying to myself "it could be a nerve". Finally I got some balls and just stabbed it in shoulder and hit a vein right away. I have researched about where to poke and everything and felt confident but now im a wreck again, I dont wanna resort too doing all my shots in my shoulders from being a pussy. when you guys do shots do you just stab it in fast or slow to make sure you dont hit anything or atleast go right through it, I basically have been talked out of shots in arms and I want to know if anyone has anything to say that will reasure me that it can be done with really little risk. or atleast safely...

Here's what I did back in the beginning and now.

I use to just aim and poke real fast - never had any problems in glutes mainly and some in quads.

In the last couple years, I added delts and biceps. Since I switched to ester-free gear (or very short-acting), I put everything in my biceps. I've been putting the needle in rather slowly. Here's my mindset: I DON'T WORRY about hitting a nerve or vein!! I do take precautions, such as always aspirate and am ready to "pull-out" if I get a BIG twinge. You'll get "little" twinges on occaision but you need to have the correct "mind-set" so these don't psych you out! I've only had to pull-out once because of a twinge in my biceps and it probably wasn't a nerve, just psyched myself out :(

Aspirating, the only place I've ever drawn blood is in the glute. The glute is suppose to be the safest place (as far as hitting a vein) to inject.

xcel

I say but is the easiest not much chance of hitting a nerve or vein, or maybe I am mistaken.

I slide the needle in nice and slow. No pain really to speak of at all.

Yup Xcell has it right on. If your just starting out I would stick to the glutes for a while then maybe quads. After you start feeling more confident maybe move around more. Also try using the site injections page spotinjections.com. Dont worry everyone is nervous at first it gets easier as you become more confident but finding sites later arrrrggg. Havent been able to be on the boards as much lately to working 70hrs a week 7 days till May2.MM

HOLY SHIT I AM IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT.

I too hit a nerve in my thigh and now I stick the needle half way in and pull it out...Then after 3 needles and three bleeding holes, I finally move up to my shoulder.

I stuck myself sitting down, so my site injection spot on my thigh had moved when I stood up, i had hit my hamstring area...but still it has me so freaked out, I am not looking forward to the thigh poke.

Like Excel, I put most everything in my biceps. It's easy and it's right in front of you. I go really slow with the needle and always expect to feel a sharp pain, so that when it happens it doesn't suprise me. About half the time when injecting into my bi, I feel like I hit a nerve (probably isn't) but I just grit my teeth and push the rest of the way. If it's extremely painful, I'll pull out and start over. It seems to me that the bicep has more dense muscles then the buttocks and that could be the reason for the pain while injecting. I also like tri injections because they don't hurt at all. The inside of the tricep is much more tender then the outside where the skin is tough. Go for it. You can dooooo it!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I have some B-D syringes that seem to hurt a lot more just because they are dull. Even with a 23 guage pin it feels like I am jabbing a toothpick in my leg. I switched to Terumo's and haven't had a problem since.....

i only use Terumos now. i think i have some scar tissue from the BD's, or maybe just from sloppy injections. but either way, most of my shots are smooth again.

i did have a hard time a few weeks ago with my right thigh, hurt like a bitch each and every shot. so i'm just giving that leg some rest for a few weeks.

JW

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner