YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Injuries, straining, muscle damage doesnt effect liver enzymes?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was told this today that injuries, muscle damages, strains effect c reactive protein but not liver enzymes by a doc that seems very knowledgable.

obviously hes a great doctor and wants my liver enzymes in healthy range as theyve been a bit high past few years.

I dont use orals much, if I do its on training days only and havent used them in months

main point is I guess this is fact- liver enzymes are not effected by muscle damage, strains, and injuries, and I thought they were for years.

Just posted about my liver being fucked I'm sure you are not bad as me. Take care of yourself bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posted about my liver being fucked I'm sure you are not bad as me. Take care of yourself bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i commented bro, and asked about tudca and ucda are they really more effective than milk thistle, cycle supports, (fish oils as well)

ive seen some bloodwork where tudca or udca (whichever one is best) where they didnt do anything, so maybe it depends on the quality and got to find a good source , if it even does work

Last edited:
My liver enz were higher and all i used was Liv52 and got them down.
I know people say Liv52 doesnt work good, it worked for me...

My liver enz were higher and all i used was Liv52 and got them down.
I know people say Liv52 doesnt work good, it worked for me...

got them down within range? what numbers?

I was told this today that injuries, muscle damages, strains effect c reactive protein but not liver enzymes by a doc that seems very knowledgable.

obviously hes a great doctor and wants my liver enzymes in healthy range as theyve been a bit high past few years.

I dont use orals much, if I do its on training days only and havent used them in months

main point is I guess this is fact- liver enzymes are not effected by muscle damage, strains, and injuries, and I thought they were for years.

That is partially true. working out doesnt not stress your liver and then result in elevated ast and alt from liver stress. But working out breaks out your skeletal muscle which can leak the same "liver" enzymes and elevate ast and alt but its often falsly attributed as liver when its muscle.

Intense workout can falsly elevate your liver enzymes signficantly. About two years ago i got both mine well up over a 100 about 3 days after an intense squat workout where i had bad DOMS. 10 days later back to normal

That is partially true. working out doesnt not stress your liver and then result in elevated ast and alt from liver stress. But working out breaks out your skeletal muscle which can leak the same "liver" enzymes and elevate ast and alt but its often falsly attributed as liver when its muscle.

Intense workout can falsly elevate your liver enzymes signficantly. About two years ago i got both mine well up over a 100 about 3 days after an intense squat workout where i had bad DOMS. 10 days later back to normal

a false positive then, yeah ?

so before tests dont workout a few days or so or schedule an off week or something. or dont, and just tell doc this information

lol
well not directly but those are all signs of over training.

overtraining will prob result in higher liver values.
plus to get real reading you really need to not train for several days before the test.

i think liver is quite easy to deal with h has been discussed a lot.

your last post above also tell me you are all about over training...

there should be lots of off time...

Normal hard training can easily give you 2x normal level elevations in AST and ALT. Generally AST goes up more than ALT from training, but both can cause big elevations. Also factor in that the halflife in the body for ALT is about 48 hours, and the halflife for AST is only about 24 hours.

It doesn't require "overtraining" to cause these elevations either...

Normal hard training can easily give you 2x normal level elevations in AST and ALT. Generally AST goes up more than ALT from training, but both can cause big elevations. Also factor in that the halflife in the body for ALT is about 48 hours, and the halflife for AST is only about 24 hours.

It doesn't require "overtraining" to cause these elevations either...

Yeah I will agree based on some bloodwork I had done running nothing but HRT and my AST was elevated double the range, ALT was within range. Doc said training related, wouldn't worry about it, if you've seen the reference range for real problems (i've posted it a few times) the danger areas are when you get 5 to 25 times the normal values. Then you're looking at serious potential damage. BUT even then -- I've seen people post outrageously high numbers and get them back down with the discontinuation of orals and the addition of things like TUDCA or Synthetek's liver product (or both).

GGT

I had elevated levels once too and my doctor freaked and wanted to do an ultrasound right away. I did some research online and found that GGT is one liver enzyme that doesn't appear to be released from skeletal muscle breakdown so I asked him to test that and he did. My GGT level was normal. Maybe more bodybuilders should make sure that GGT is tested?

**broken link removed**

I had elevated levels once too and my doctor freaked and wanted to do an ultrasound right away. I did some research online and found that GGT is one liver enzyme that doesn't appear to be released from skeletal muscle breakdown so I asked him to test that and he did. My GGT level was normal. Maybe more bodybuilders should make sure that GGT is tested?

**broken link removed**

I agree, GGT should be standard, it is one some panels.

It is also interesting to note that until you get REALLY high elevations (10x the normal range), or elevations over a longer period of time, you shouldn't panic. Take it seriously, but don't panic. Anything within 2x the upper normal range is definitely nothing to worry about short term.

a false positive then, yeah ?

so before tests dont workout a few days or so or schedule an off week or something. or dont, and just tell doc this information

Almost no physicians i know are aware of this as most of there patients are fat and dont work out.

But yes if you want an accurate measurement no heavy lifting for a week before.

True story: my father had elevated liver enzymes for almost every blood test for 20 years. We couldnt figure out why. Turns out he wanted his weight and lipids to be better so he was "training for his physical" up to the day before intensely which was falsly elevating his enzymes. I checked his blood when he was just being normal and it was fine.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws