over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Inner Chest development

SpudToStud

Registered
So i have a development problem with my inner chest, its tiny compared to the rest of my chest. Ive tried doing DB flys, Peck Deck and even cables for a while. it seems i cant do anything to get it set.

To make matters worse i have slight gyno and having a small inner chest only amplifies this matter. :(

Any suggestions on what to do for this, should i just stick to flys?

Only do close-grip (hands about 12" apart) push-ups and decline and flat barbell bench press. You need to set up the rib cage properly by using a foam roll or (I use a MMA focus kick pad ,trapezoid shaped, under my upper back) then pull your scapula together tight and lower onto the roll or pad, stick your sternum out as far as possible.

Also add dumbbell bench press and be sure to squeeze the pecs hard on contraction, this goes for the above instructions too, and be sure to always bring the bells together on every rep.

Keep doing flyes, and try them connected to cables (use dumbbells and cable handles at the same time, and use the same technique as dumbbell bench.

You could try ring flyes also. You attach two seat belt-like straps or chains from the ceiling beam and D-handles or rings at the end, like a gymnast, and do flyes in the push-up position.

Bodyweight scroll down a bit

Try a different routine also, perhaps Big Beyond Belief. I will send it to you if you PM me your email.

Attachments

• trapezoid.jpg
    trapezoid.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
what i do is i extend both of my fist and arms out straight forward with fist touching each other at the end and squeeze in between sets for 5-10seconds, and after workout i squeeze flexing front of mirror at home for another 15mins. it worx believe it or not.

g.luck

great suggestions. Im trying to visualize this pad under my back and i cant seem to grasp it...

Edit: got it, looked up a youtube video, and also found the meaning of the word 'scapula'.

Ill deff give that a try next chest day, thanks!

Last edited:
How many times do we have to say this?

You can’t change your genetics. You can make your chest muscle larger,
but you cannot change the shape, where the muscle insertions / attach-
ments are, unless under a surgeon’s knife, and that rarely proves satisfactory.

The “inner chest” muscle you refer to will grow in proportion to the remainder
of your chest. You cannot develop, target a particular part of the muscle at
the exclusion of another.

Now . . . you can continue spinning your wheels in the sands of time, doing
every routine in the book, every exercise known to man, and some that have
been invented yet . . . , following everybody’s else’s advice (with no proof I
might add) or you can find the exercise(s) that are best for you and use
proper form, and get stronger, and let mother nature do the rest. The hardest
part may very well being happy with the results. Not many people are.

I would love to see one person here on this thread post a photo of their chest
development, and the development they can attribute to their advice. Trust
me, it won’t happen. People like to talk the talk, parrot everybody else, but
few can back it up.

Attached is a foto of Franco Colombo at 24 years of age. Notice he had that
split in his chest back then, and I would be willing to be bet if you saw a foto
of him at 12 years of age, you would still see that tell-tale split in his chest.
He did not get that from exercising, he was born that way, and he potentiated
it through weight training. As his entire muscle got larger it became more
noticeable.

You referring to me bro? Yeah, you're right I'm a 98 pound weakling with a concave inner chest. My advice sucks, I get it all from bodybuilding.com so don't listen to it. :rolleyes:

My opinion is you're correct, up to a point. Yes, you can't change origin and insertion points but you do have the power to shape the muscle. What exercises you choose and the way they are performed can do this. I call this 'intelligent bodybuilding'.

Question: if you train thighs with barbell squats as your principle mass builder and you complain about having turnip shaped thighs what do you think is going to change in the appearance of your thighs when you switch to front squats, step ups or dumbbell squats?

Are you not going to begin to develop more muscle in the vastus medialis and vastus lateralis as apposed to the muscle bellies of the upper thigh?

Last edited:
Gotta agree with Alfresco. Genetics rule size, shape, aesthetics. You can find exercises to exploit its characteristics but one cannot change them.

There is a thread over at IM.com where Dante(DC), gives very detailed instructions on the inner chest development

I see where you guys are both coming from, I do agree I will never be able to change my genetics, but I do believe with certain exercises you can trigger specific muscle tissue growth.

I'm not sure who I'm quoting but I saw it on this forum "No one Body is every body".

This is true, and I realize so and so's methods might not work for me, but what I'm trying isn't either so I might as well get an opinion on their methods and give it a go.

Thanks for all the input bros!

No time to read the above but, my answer would have been 'press, stretch, and then close squeezed flys.' At least that's the short version that worked for me.

my brother had a similar issue, still does but he was able to build the muscle to look more even across his chest. it is genetically impossible to completely force the muscle to grow evenly but you can build it up to make it look more symetrical.

our solution was to take a dumbell from the hip (right hand for example) and bring the weight up and across the chest to the left shoulder and hold it for a few seconds, then down again. use correct form and strict movements, concentrate on the muscle you wish to develop. it can and does work. dont stop your other exercises, just include this one. if both chest muscles on either side are underdevelped, then do this to both sides. if only one, then one side until it catches up (as much as possible) to the other side.

do standin cable fly,crossovers and squeeze at peak contraction,go 45 secs between reps,and do it or 1st to last or last excersize

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws