over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Inner thighs development?

venom

Newbies
Want to build up my inner thighs which I'm lacking some in. I already do the inner /outer thigh machine. What other excercises can I do?

Thx fellas

Wide stance squat with toes pointed outward. Slow negative and get fairly deep and focus on contracting your inner quads when pressing off the ground.

Want to build up my inner thighs which I'm lacking some in. I already do the inner /outer thigh machine. What other excercises can I do?

Thx fellas

Are you talking upper (abductors) or lower (tear drops)? Each will require a different approach.

I firmly believe against using foot positioning to hit different leg areas in a few situations. That's that fastest way to screw up your knees if you're not genetically gifted with knee joint that can function properly in a wide range of lateral positions.

Sorry VT, this isn't pointed at you. It's just my experience with dozens and dozens of training clients of different ages.

Nothing like ass to heels when doing squats

Use the Leg Press with feet at bottom of platform and a bit wider than shoulder width..

Wide stance squat with toes pointed outward. Slow negative and get fairly deep and focus on contracting your inner quads when pressing off the ground.

I Gotta agree with you VT and would like to add to your post.... Sumo squats have been used effectively for years for working the inner thigh and glutes. Just make sure you are not neglecting the other areas.
One key to making this exercise more effective while taking out counterproductive knee joint involvement is to do these with a 3/4 rep, going all the way down and push upward off of your heels while only 3/4 of the way up and pausing before decending again.
Another tip is to do these in a pre-exausting sequence. Start with a set of the inner thigh machine followed by a single dumbell Sumo Squat.... When doing these, hold one dumbell (on the hang) with both hands between your spread legs (toes out). Keep you chest high and head up as you squat and perform these in the 3/4 rep fashion described above. Trust me, that will do the trick! Ouch!

Are you talking upper (abductors) or lower (tear drops)? Each will require a different approach.

I firmly believe against using foot positioning to hit different leg areas in a few situations. That's that fastest way to screw up your knees if you're not genetically gifted with knee joint that can function properly in a wide range of lateral positions.

Sorry VT, this isn't pointed at you. It's just my experience with dozens and dozens of training clients of different ages.

I'm talking about my abductors.

I Gotta agree with you VT and would like to add to your post.... Sumo squats have been used effectively for years for working the inner thigh and glutes. Just make sure you are not neglecting the other areas.
One key to making this exercise more effective while taking out counterproductive knee joint involvement is to do these with a 3/4 rep, going all the way down and push upward off of your heels while only 3/4 of the way up and pausing before decending again.
Another tip is to do these in a pre-exausting sequence. Start with a set of the inner thigh machine followed by a single dumbell Sumo Squat.... When doing these, hold one dumbell (on the hang) with both hands between your spread legs (toes out). Keep you chest high and head up as you squat and perform these in the 3/4 rep fashion described above. Trust me, that will do the trick! Ouch!

Thanks BigEvil and Bigguns! i'm gonna start incorporating these into my program. If you or anyone else can think of anymore excercises please feel free to add to these posts!!!

Also BigEvil any specific rep range I should target??

Oops forgot to thank everyone else who added to my post!!! :)

Then here would be my first choice. Get a small weight belt and put it on just over your knee. Hook a high cable on to it about 6 foot back. And do one legged adductors from slightly different angles until you can feel it hitting dead on. If it's a very weak area start with very high reps (20-25) for a couple of week to get some athletic conditioning. The tendons right in that upper area tend to get angry pretty easily.

After two weeks drop into the 10-12 rep range for as heavy as you can handle it.

Last edited:
rep range

Thanks BigEvil and Bigguns! i'm gonna start incorporating these into my program. If you or anyone else can think of anymore excercises please feel free to add to these posts!!!

Also BigEvil any specific rep range I should target??

Inner thigh machine: 20 total reps but, try this trick too: for the first 10 reps, sit back against the backrest, before rep #11 keep your back straight but lean forward at about a 45 degree angle (kinda like a pike position) and then finish the last 10 reps. You will feel the emphasis go from the mid-inner thigh to way up in the groin. Don't do the fast and mindless reps you see most people doing on this machine..... Pause and squeeze in the contracted position. I would then target 15 reps on the squats followed only by one min rest. Remember to do the reps slowly and use progressive overload since you want to build size (increase weight or reps from workout to workout). Good luck!

If its your inner thigh, your groin area, then it is adductors. The word adductor comes from that latin ad (to) + duco (to draw). I was a latin geek back in high school:D

For me, all I had to do was heavy squats with feet a little wider than shoulder. Mine got big enough that I couldnt walk around very well because my inner thighs were always rubbing against each other. Now my quad sweep sucked though, but I had big adductor muscles.

Try to in cooperate some wide stance hack squats, DB step ups, and/or single leg deep block lunges.

For me, all I had to do was heavy squats with feet a little wider than shoulder. Mine got big enough that I couldnt walk around very well because my inner thighs were always rubbing against each other. Now my quad sweep sucked though, but I had big adductor muscles.

so if a wide stance works the inner then narrow stance would work the sweep more correct?

so if a wide stance works the inner then narrow stance would work the sweep more correct?

Thats the theory at least, but Im not sure how much of it is true or to what degree. I tried going more narrow on my squats ,more like at shoulder width, and I felt like I got better growth in my quads but it wasnt really all that noticable and surely wasnt too scientific. I would never go more narrow than shoulder width because its not a natural movement anymore and I believe that it puts added stress on parts of your knee.

Outer sweep

As a general rule yes..... Feet close will work the entire quad but place more emphasis on the vastus lateralis (outer sweep), just as placing your feet low on a Hack Squat or Leg Press platform will place more emphasis on the lower quad (but more stress on the knee) ...... and higher on the platform for upper Quad, Hips, Glutes.
You need to be cautious on these and I would advise using the pre-exaust technique I described above so your weight will be reduced on the multi joint exercise (and also do the 3/4 reps on the multi joint exercise described in previous post above too in order to reduce knee joint strain....... but of course with the abductor machine (upper/outer thigh) or high rep leg ext with toes slightly pointed inward (for lower sweep).

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate all the responds. Will definitely incoprate all these techniques. Thanks again:D

Inner thigh machine: 20 total reps but, try this trick too: for the first 10 reps, sit back against the backrest, before rep #11 keep your back straight but lean forward at about a 45 degree angle (kinda like a pike position) and then finish the last 10 reps. You will feel the emphasis go from the mid-inner thigh to way up in the groin. Don't do the fast and mindless reps you see most people doing on this machine..... Pause and squeeze in the contracted position. I would then target 15 reps on the squats followed only by one min rest. Remember to do the reps slowly and use progressive overload since you want to build size (increase weight or reps from workout to workout). Good luck!

Hey Big Evil I tried this technique on the inner thigh machine and damnnnnn!!!!! This technique hit it BIGTIME! Straight into the groin area. Inner thighs are sore today! Thanks Again brother!:D

No prob

Hey Big Evil I tried this technique on the inner thigh machine and damnnnnn!!!!! This technique hit it BIGTIME! Straight into the groin area. Inner thighs are sore today! Thanks Again brother!:D

Sweet, gald it worked well for you. Be consistant and feed those muscles

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity