over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insatiable thirst in the morning

goonstopher

Registered
I am pretty thirst all the time but when I wake up in the morning... woooow. I mean I chug from a gallon like they just found in in the Sahara. I tend to finish off a at least half a gallon right away and up to a gallon within an hour. I am so flat I look like I am sick and my throat aches and burns. This happens regardless of diet or cycle. I'd like to say it was associated with higher carbs but I haven't taken in over 150g in a while and never for hours before bed.

Is there any chance this is normal and not a problem?

Last edited:
This is normal. I can drink a ton of water when I wake up in the morning, maybe not to your extent but each is different. First it all depends on how you're sleeping. If you sleep with mouth open you are going to be dry. Also any prescription drugs you may be taking could be a side effect as well.:D

Maybe I exaggerated haha. I wrote that while I was feeling the pain of the thirst. I guess it's sort of like going food shopping when you are hungry...

I just drank under half a gallon and it feels better.

Might also be a good idea to get a check for diabetes amongst other things. how old?

whats your sodium intake like the day prior????

:cool:

whats your sodium intake like the day prior????

:cool:

Honestly I dont count sodium but my only salt comes from ketchup and buffalo sauce which I eat with ground turkey (1-2 times a day) and chicken marinade (also 1-2 times a day). I am sure it is not super high but it is hard to count the marinade despite choosing one with lower salt than others.

My body just seems to process water far to fast. I've had thirst issues most of my life. I am on a diuretic for BP but I haven't noticed it getting much worse (the thirst) and against dr.s order I actually skip the diuretic every other day (my bp is still going down well because I added supplement which he claims won't work but I am not going to tell him I am working around him ha, as long as it keeps dropping we are both happy). It is at 135/70 now from all the way up at 178/88.

you could try some niacin before bed

sounds like an electrolyte issue.

potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium...all need to be in balance...or your body wont absorb water very well.

sounds like an electrolyte issue.

potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium...all need to be in balance...or your body wont absorb water very well.

You are probably right. My diet is most likely very low in calcium and maybe potassium.

green leafies (cal) and bananas (K,...ie potassium)

what are your blood sugar levels like thru the day?

have you ever been tested for diabetes?

I am pretty thirst all the time but when I wake up in the morning... woooow. I mean I chug from a gallon like they just found in in the Sahara. I tend to finish off a at least half a gallon right away and up to a gallon within an hour. I am so flat I look like I am sick and my throat aches and burns. This happens regardless of diet or cycle. I'd like to say it was associated with higher carbs but I haven't taken in over 150g in a while and never for hours before bed.

Is there any chance this is normal and not a problem?

A not so obvious question has not been asked yet but what type of heat do you have in your house? Electric?

I am trying to figure out if this is an insatiable thurst or intense dry mouth/throat in the AM.

Never tested for diabetes but I do wonder. It tends to occur first thing in the AM and then also at night.

The only carbs I am taking in right now are sugars before and after workouts, sometimes one carb meal (once every few days) and almonds/ketchup ect

As far as heat just natural gas I think but I have the AC going now.

I go through about 10 gallons of water, a 24 pack of bottled water, whatever if in my shakes (40-80oz a day) and 20 or so cans of diet soda a week.

I estimate I drink about 2.5-3 gallons of fluid a day, heck sometimes more.

I am diabetic and your thirst pattern doesn't fit the traditional for diabetes.Usually thirst is bad when sugars get high usually a couple hours after meals(post pyranial).Awakening in the morning is considered fasting and they should be at the lowest.There are no absolutes but just giving you feedback from a diabetic.Good luck.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131