over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insuin and sensitizer question

Not sure if you've answered this yet but have you messed with Lantus at all?

I started lantus a few weeks ago 5iu twice per day. Highest I've seen my blood sugar even after a huge pizza meal was 101 and usually stays around 90 even after meals. I'm using a good amount of hgh so I think the lantus is a good idea for health

This is combined with low dose regular insulin a few times per day

Pumps and fullness seems to be better.

Wasn't trying to say its better then taking insulin it self. Was just listing any information that can help besides taking insulin and Metformin that was already mentioned. No problem brother.

No I got ya bro. I'll add it in to my mix. 2nd week blood glucose is still sitting at 81 7 hrs after my last meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried every single insulin protocol there is over that last 10 years.

The easiest one to follow and the one that does not require any diet adjustment is taking a few small doses per day of regular insulin, 2-4 iu at a time.

Very safe, 0 chance of going hypo even without eating. No fat gain from the insulin since you are not eating extra. Reduces the amount of insulin your own pancreas has to make - reduces stress on pancreas.

Benefits: fuller muscles from same amount of food, synergy when taking with gh.

I've watched/listened to all of collete nelsons and dave palumbos info on insulin and metformin and made a conclusion that metformin is not a good drug for bodybuilders and low dose insulin is the way to go, mainly for the health benefits when using hgh. Is taking metformin detrimental? probably not, but the side effects outweigh the benefit in bodybuilding terms I think

that there was just study by life extension that was showing the benefits of metformin. Even calling it the fountain of youth. Now I would go that far but I can say it has helped me.

Interesting. She has some really interesting thoughts, albeit very different than conventional BBing wisdom. Her interview with Scott Mcnally on Advice's Radio is good.

And I am by no means against the smaller, more frequent dosing. What got me interested in that approach was actually Dat's CPWO protocol. I did that for awhile and had impressive results with 2-3iu's, no carbs at all and still growing.

Not sure if you've answered this yet but have you messed with Lantus at all?

When u did this what was ur food intake which sling. Protein only or essential fats

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but can you detail that Dat CPWO protocol and how you did it?

Can't find it since the forum went down

Super simple actually. Exactly how it sounds. You're just stacking your carbs pre-workout...nothing insane. Maybe 100-300 carbs depending on the workout. No intra carbs. And then nothing but protein and some fats PWO. You'd have a whey shake with 1-3iu of slin PWO followed by a high protein meal. Dat wasn't a huge fan of keeping fat high during that meal...the meals following, you could add more fats.

When u did this what was ur food intake which sling. Protein only or essential fats

Just like above. That first PWO meal was mostly just high protein and veggies. The meals following he didnt mind throwing in some essential fats and MCT stuff. It was a great recomp diet and fantastic when doing cardio the next morning.

You basically were depleted until then—plus Dat loved injectable L-carn. So 1-3ius + L-carnitine and being depleted for that long plus morning cardio the next day led to quick physique changes.

I started lantus a few weeks ago 5iu twice per day. Highest I've seen my blood sugar even after a huge pizza meal was 101 and usually stays around 90 even after meals. I'm using a good amount of hgh so I think the lantus is a good idea for health

This is combined with low dose regular insulin a few times per day

Pumps and fullness seems to be better.

I'll probably give Lantus/GH/regular insulin routine a run eventually.
But Colette's reviews + other anecdotal reviews are waaayy different.

Everyone I know that has run Lantus with GH has had severe insulin resistance after a couple weeks of use. Super high blood glucose readings that rise every week. Basically showing that it NEEDS to be cycled and when off, the user needs to become insulin sensitive again (either through Metformin use or other insulin sensitizers).

But Colette's reviews make it sound like these long term insulins can be used indefinitely because they give the beta cells a break, allowing them to restore function....I feel this makes sense if you are JUST taking insulin, but everyone here is a BBer so we are throwing GH into the mix to fuck that equation up and in turn make insulin resistance even tougher.

It seems like no matter what, if GH is in the mix with insulin use, you will NEED to figure out a way to resensitize your body.

But Colette's reviews make it sound like these long term insulins can be used indefinitely because they give the beta cells a break, allowing them to restore function....I feel this makes sense if you are JUST taking insulin, but everyone here is a BBer so we are throwing GH into the mix to fuck that equation up and in turn make insulin resistance even tougher.

It seems like no matter what, if GH is in the mix with insulin use, you will NEED to figure out a way to resensitize your body.

just listened to the colette nelson podcast again, and yes, i think you're right.. i know colette subscribes to a lower carb diet and in this podcast she isn't talking about people using gh. (she actually talks a lot about the deleterious effects of GH on glucose health in this podcast.

So she believes there would be some solid health benefits to using something like lantus somewhat indefinitely. (which I'm sure would yield some solid (hopefully) lean tissue gains as well).

obviously if someone is also using gh, then that can seriously change the rate of developing insulin resistance, especially if someone is also using lantus (or any insulin for that matter)..

i remember concreteguy using something like 50-65 ius of lantus while eating a keto diet (super high protein) with no gh and he said he made some huge recomp gains), he lost a good deal of bodyfat while continuing to grow.

interesting stuff...

Everyone I know that has run Lantus with GH has had severe insulin resistance after a couple weeks of use. Super high blood glucose readings that rise every week. Basically showing that it NEEDS to be cycled and when off, the user needs to become insulin sensitive again (either through Metformin use or other insulin sensitizers).

I’m a little confused at the thought pattern here.

So when I take GH my fasting blood sugar goes up. Just over 100.

When I add in lantus on days I use GH it brings my fasting BS down to 80-85.

So to me this indicates lantus is preventing your body becoming insulin resistant from a lazy pancreas askect.

When BS are high from GH the pancreases is working overtime 24/7.

Lantus means the pancrease can chill n be like normal.

This is also how I took Colette videos which I have watched them all a fair few times

I’m a little confused at the thought pattern here.

So when I take GH my fasting blood sugar goes up. Just over 100.

When I add in lantus on days I use GH it brings my fasting BS down to 80-85.

So to me this indicates lantus is preventing your body becoming insulin resistant from a lazy pancreas askect.

When BS are high from GH the pancreases is working overtime 24/7.

Lantus means the pancrease can chill n be like normal.

This is also how I took Colette videos which I have watched them all a fair few times

this is a great question hilly.. i don't have a full understanding of all this stuff and have the same question as you...

You're right, from what "everybody" says, you would think that adding the lantus to your gh regimen would speed up your insulin resistance and make it worse, however, from your experience and what you're saying, it seems as if it's actually helping you to maintain some semblance of insulin sensitivity (and yes, I know fasting bg #s aren't a perfect representation of insulin sensitivity and overall glucose metabolism health)..

However, from what Colette said, using something like lantus (at a low-moderate dose) could really help bodybuilders to give their beta cells a break along with periods of lower-carb eating (along with taking breaks from gh)..

online, i've read about a few experiences of guys using lantus with super low carb diets and being able to stay on the lantus for a while since they're eating low carbs and not using gh or other substances that induce insulin resistance.. it keeps their blood sugar under 90 or so and they are getting the fullness/muscle gain benefits from the insulin (giving their pancreas a break) without experiencing the common negative effects of exogenous insulin use along with high amounts of sugar/carbs...

I'm very interested in your question, hilly, so hopefully some experienced/knowledgeable guys chime in..

I wasn’t asking a question guys.

Just stating how I understand this myself and from Colette video.

Then how I put it into practice and how it works which you can see it does from my numbers.

I wasn’t asking a question guys.

Just stating how I understand this myself and from Colette video.

Then how I put it into practice and how it works which you can see it does from my numbers.

gotcha.. i'm actually asking some of these questions, as i want to develop a better understanding of this..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear