over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin and carb timing

ill gotten gains

Registered
I consume all my daily carbs pre (50 grams), intra (40 grams) , and post workout (50 grams). The rest of of my meals are healthy fats, veggies and protein.

I am also using 2 iu pharma GH upon waking and 2 iu post workout.

If I use insulin (humalog) pre and post workout only, will it keep fat gain to a minimum? More importantly, would this protocol help make quality gains or just be effective at just keeping muscle fullness?

Last edited:
well, insulin is very anabolic and very anti-catabolic..

so if nothing else, it will help you avoid muscle breakdown during training..

that's a pretty big plus IMO.

I would use insulin if I could find a good source for Humalog/novalog.

I would say go for it. 6-10 iu pre should do you fine. no need for post IMO

I've never used homolog...never been able to find it for a reasonable price...but I have used Humulin R about 30 minutes pre workout on a regular basis. If I use, say 15 iu, I'll have 3 shakes, 30g HBCD in each one (with casein hydro OR make each shake a scoop of Intra MD).

First one, 15 minutes after the shot (15 minutes pre workout)
Sip second one through first 2/3 of workout, third one during the last 1/3.

I follow this with a high-ish carb meal (75-100g from white rice) about 45-60 minutes after I finish training.

I've done this offseason and pre contest and never had a problem either with accumulation of excess fat, nor issues with losing fat to compete.

well, insulin is very anabolic and very anti-catabolic..

so if nothing else, it will help you avoid muscle breakdown during training..

that's a pretty big plus IMO.

I would use insulin if I could find a good source for Humalog/novalog.

I would say go for it. 6-10 iu pre should do you fine. no need for post IMO

Thank you for the input. You make a very good point about the muscle breakdown aspect. I will try preworkout only.

I've never used homolog...never been able to find it for a reasonable price...but I have used Humulin R about 30 minutes pre workout on a regular basis. If I use, say 15 iu, I'll have 3 shakes, 30g HBCD in each one (with casein hydro OR make each shake a scoop of Intra MD).

I follow this with a high-ish carb meal (75-100g from white rice) about 45-60 minutes after I finish training.

I've done this offseason and pre contest and never had a problem either with accumulation of excess fat, nor issues with losing fat to compete.

Do you think that utilizing shakes for most of the carb during that window is what help minimize fat gain?

Do you think that utilizing shakes for most of the carb during that window is what help minimize fat gain?

Do I THINK is helps? Yes. Can I PROVE it? No.

I'm no expert, but I do believe that the HBCD drinks used peri-workout work particularly well with Humulin...at least for me.

Now, bear in mind that I'm no expert, nor have I utilized insulin at other times of day, with different carb sources, so I can't say that they wouldn't work just as well.

That all being said, I believe that if you ARE going to use Humulin-R (or Novolin..same thing), that pre-workout, with proper peri-workout nutrition, is a very safe way to go.

I have done slin a few times and this is exactly what i do, same timing and I use about 15iu humilin r and intra md as my carb.

The only concern I would have with what you want to do is that you dont eat carbs all day prior to the slin shot and humalog hits fast and hard (so i have been told, never did it) You may want to consume some carbs an hour or 2 prior to the slin shot so you dont start going hypo esp since you are not used to slin. A little rice aint gonna make you fat, and if it keeps you from that miserable feeling its well worth it....

Once you have a feel for it maybe you can skip the carb meal, but with humalog you would want to start drinking your carbs right when you take the slin, no waiting 15 min (again, thats just what i have been told about log)

^This

I tried Log several different times over about a year and always had problems with the timing and amount of carbs. 2-3 days would be fine then boom the dreaded cold clammy sweats would hit.

With R it's never a problem doing 15iu pre workout. Can't remember the last time I was off with carbs or timing.

I have done slin a few times and this is exactly what i do, same timing and I use about 15iu humilin r and intra md as my carb.

The only concern I would have with what you want to do is that you dont eat carbs all day prior to the slin shot and humalog hits fast and hard (so i have been told, never did it) You may want to consume some carbs an hour or 2 prior to the slin shot so you dont start going hypo esp since you are not used to slin. A little rice aint gonna make you fat, and if it keeps you from that miserable feeling its well worth it....

Once you have a feel for it maybe you can skip the carb meal, but with humalog you would want to start drinking your carbs right when you take the slin, no waiting 15 min (again, thats just what i have been told about log)

Yeah, that's why I made certain to say that I was using Humulin-R and had never used Homolog. I've stated that with every post where I gave an example.

If I were to use Humalog, I'd drink the first shake immediately upon taking the shot, monitor and adjust.

I consume all my daily carbs pre (50 grams), intra (40 grams) , and post workout (50 grams). The rest of of my meals are healthy fats, veggies and protein.

I am also using 2 iu pharma GH upon waking and 2 iu post workout.

If I use insulin (humalog) pre and post workout only, will it keep fat gain to a minimum? More importantly, would this protocol help make quality gains or just be effective at just keeping muscle fullness?

be careful of the 1st hit if you haven't consumed any carbs for a few hours... probably wouldn't want a lot of fats in you either the meal before pre shake

be careful of the 1st hit if you haven't consumed any carbs for a few hours... probably wouldn't want a lot of fats in you either the meal before pre shake

Yeah some carbs an hour before the shot aint gonna kill your diet, but stay away from fats for sure. If you eat no carbs all day then do the slin you are asking to go hypo, even if you have your shake right there I dont want to feel like that for even a few minutes.

What is the maximum amount of fat you would have during/around the insulin window? I'm thinking no more than 15g.

I've always kept is as low as possible...the only fat I consciously eat is in the post-workout food meal, I'll have 10 oz. filet with my rice (if I want beef).

Of course, I'm a genetic FATASS, so I'm REALLY careful!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws