over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin and Cheats

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
So when one is using insulin (fiasp pwo 5iu) should you just skip it if you're going to cheat in the window or is it not as detrimental as we get worried about?

I just started using it and had lasagna for dinner last night instead of my normal foods, did the shot anyway, but am not sure it was the correct choice.

Who is we?

I use insulin once in awhile with GH but I keep my diet the same. I use slin if I need it but I don't let it dictate my diet.

Why are you taking PEDS and insulin when your diet consist of Lasagna? Man...

Your insulin use should cover your baseline diet. Not vice versa.
So your dosage should actually depend on how many grams of carbs you are having in a meal.

Personally, i would never use any insulin with any cheat meal (assuming the cheat meal is an uncalculated macro food with higher fat).

So your dosage should actually depend on how many grams of carbs you are having in a meal.

Personally, i would never use any insulin with any cheat meal (assuming the cheat meal is an uncalculated macro food with higher fat).

YES , always adjust your insulin dose to your diet , NOT your diet to your dose.

This sounds spot on, but... You did it once and had no adverse reactions. Let this be a learning experience for you and do it right with slin. Gonna cheat? Skip the slin

Well I mean you say what kind of insulin you are using or what protocol , personally I would not make it a habit to take insulin before a cheat if it's going to be active during the time of the meal and after (beauty of Humalog) but so long as you get enough carbs in the cheat meal to cover the insulin dose I would not be to terrible concerned.
I mean let's say you have a 2000 calorie off plan meal , how much of that do you think is gonna get stored to fat from the insulin

Why are you taking PEDS and insulin when your diet consist of Lasagna? Man...

His diet doesn't 'consist' of lasagna. He very cleary said a cheat.

I suppose he could ask you why you takin' tren (and plenty of it) when your lower half looks to belong on a figure chic. Man...

I make a mean, healthy lasagna usually utilized w slin and a heavy leg day on an otherwise lazy Sunday. I'm on trt but I'll make sure and check w you in regards to what we can and cant eat on PED's 😎

How about we all agree to stop posting stupid condescending shit unless it helps one of our fellow brothers out.

Took insulin before eating lasagna once and I turned into Garfield. Was a week before I returned to my svelte tree-rodent form.

3 things with my cheat meal

1. HGH
2.GDA
3. Synthetine

If you are lean enough you are overthinking things. I'd say if you are above 10-11% and using slin you should keep EVERYTHING on point diet wise. If you are 8-9% or under a meal off plan if it's in the "slin" window will not matter.

3 things with my cheat meal

1. HGH
2.GDA
3. Synthetine

Good list.

Yeah I wouldn't take insulin with my cheat meal. Well if my cheat meal was 200g carbs from coco pops then sure it would be a good choice. It's far from the end of the world taking slin with lasagna (don't really understand the hate as you clearly stated it was a cheat) but for future reference I would just leave it out.

Now if I were having a massive portion of something like lasagna (or pizza) for a cheat I would personally go with a GDA and some Ox Bile and/or a general digestive enzyme product.

How often are these cheats going to take place? If they are once a month then either way it will not make that big of a difference. If you have a cheat every 3 days of so I would skip the slin, IMO.

I guess I didn't have a feel for if leaving it out for a day has a negative effect overall on the super charging of glycogen storage that is the reason (I think?) that we use it.

I'm also not at the point where this is finely tuned for my post workout shake and meal, I'm just doing 5iu's to dip my toe in and go from there. I can definitely see if it was finely tuned to the exact number of carbs I'm eating in that pwo shake and meal that I'd just want to leave it out.

One other thing I'm a bit unsure of is that I generally carb cycle year round. On med and high days the pwo meal isn't an issue, usually 10oz of london broil and 2 cups of white rice, but on low days normally I'd have no carbs in that. I have my pwo shake the same ~55g of carbs, but not the meal. Since I'm not dieting it's not a huge deal, I can just eat rice in that pwo meal even on low days I guess. I guess I was wondering the tradeoff between not using it on low days and just eating the carbs on low days.

The answer is you dont need to use insulin every day.

I guess I didn't have a feel for if leaving it out for a day has a negative effect overall on the super charging of glycogen storage that is the reason (I think?) that we use it.

I'm also not at the point where this is finely tuned for my post workout shake and meal, I'm just doing 5iu's to dip my toe in and go from there. I can definitely see if it was finely tuned to the exact number of carbs I'm eating in that pwo shake and meal that I'd just want to leave it out.

One other thing I'm a bit unsure of is that I generally carb cycle year round. On med and high days the pwo meal isn't an issue, usually 10oz of london broil and 2 cups of white rice, but on low days normally I'd have no carbs in that. I have my pwo shake the same ~55g of carbs, but not the meal. Since I'm not dieting it's not a huge deal, I can just eat rice in that pwo meal even on low days I guess. I guess I was wondering the tradeoff between not using it on low days and just eating the carbs on low days.

IMO, use it high days only or weak body part days only.
Use low days to drop your carbs low and hopefully maintain some insulin sensitivity.

Yes do this. Although if someone was just using 5iu of fast slin post workout it's going to have next to no effect on insulin sensitivity. It should go without stating diet can have a massive impact but 5iu fast slin with a good diet and other aids and I don't see an issue even if dosed daily. It's also not just carbs that effect insulin sensitivity so if you're bulking you always have to keep an eye on things. Even though I wrote the previous I think carb cycling is an excellent approach to help matters. In addition to carb cycling I would be doing cardio and taking metformin and/or berberine (or similar). Now if 5iu is just the start it changes things.

Whilst I state the above I also 100% agree with using slin a few select days and not everyday of the week. Use it on weaker body part days and carefully move up in dose. The dose doesn't need to be high but I would expect your high carb days to be on weaker body part days and your slin dose reflective of those carbs. An example if I were to use slin I would do so after training legs and I when I do that I consume approx 150g carbs post workout so I can get away with pushing the slin dose at that 1 select time. In that event I would be using slin twice every week or so. Although I may also add 1 more slin dose on back day and again the dose would be reflective of my carb intake on that day.

Yes do this. Although if someone was just using 5iu of fast slin post workout it's going to have next to no effect on insulin sensitivity. It should go without stating diet can have a massive impact but 5iu fast slin with a good diet and other aids and I don't see an issue even if dosed daily. It's also not just carbs that effect insulin sensitivity so if you're bulking you always have to keep an eye on things. Even though I wrote the previous I think carb cycling is an excellent approach to help matters. In addition to carb cycling I would be doing cardio and taking metformin and/or berberine (or similar). Now if 5iu is just the start it changes things.

Whilst I state the above I also 100% agree with using slin a few select days and not everyday of the week. Use it on weaker body part days and carefully move up in dose. The dose doesn't need to be high but I would expect your high carb days to be on weaker body part days and your slin dose reflective of those carbs. An example if I were to use slin I would do so after training legs and I when I do that I consume approx 150g carbs post workout so I can get away with pushing the slin dose at that 1 select time. In that event I would be using slin twice every week or so. Although I may also add 1 more slin dose on back day and again the dose would be reflective of my carb intake on that day.

This!!

I used humalog for a long time daily(maybe one day off a week) i used it pre and post work out. Consumed usually 50 grams of carbs per 10 iu(approximately) id sometimes have a candy or a small juice if i was close to going hypo but i find that optimal for gains and not getting fat. maybe once a week on a big heavy day id have a cheat post work out with slin. Purely cause i find it hard to eat after training a big body part properly. Cheat is to make the calories. Only way i get fat is when i slack off my training and eat trash.

So you guys would push the dose once a week on high carb day? I could play with that. I'm not sure how much I want to push it in general the first time using it here, need to get more familiar. I can certainly feel the effect of just the 5. At the moment I don't think I have any insulin resistance really, tested a few times an hour and 2 after eating and numbers were perfect for blood sugar.
I've had bodypart days rotate around rest and the various carb days forever, I don't think I have a substantially lagging bodypart and like to keep everything even.
That meaning, training is 3 on 1 off. The carb days are tied to days of the week mon-thurs - med, fri- high, sat-sun - low, and training split is 5 days.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws