over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin and glucose disposal agents

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
1. Do y'all use one or the other? Like do you switch from 3 weeks on slin to 3 weeks on berberine?

2. Do y'all use both at the same time in a cycle?

I was gonna play with lantus again, and maybe humalog in a different cycle. I was also thinking of not bothering with exogenous slin, and just use a disposal agents.
This would be for putting on some size

Here's what I do "normally" and when I run Lantus below.

With Lantus, I start at 20-25 then go up to 50-55 then at the end go to 35-40 and then to 20-25. (Just to give you an idea on the dosage I use)
Total time on the Lantus would be about 10-12 weeks. No issues with insulin sensitivity when I come off.
*Note: If I were to play with higher dosages, I would limit the time "on" to maybe 4-6 weeks.

Meal 1: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 2: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon
Meal 3: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 4: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon
Meal 5: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 6: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon

I usually take 500mg berberine w breakfast, 600-1200 ALA post workout w 5iu IM Novolin R

Here's what I do "normally" and when I run Lantus below.

With Lantus, I start at 20-25 then go up to 50-55 then at the end go to 35-40 and then to 20-25. (Just to give you an idea on the dosage I use)
Total time on the Lantus would be about 10-12 weeks. No issues with insulin sensitivity when I come off.
*Note: If I were to play with higher dosages, I would limit the time "on" to maybe 4-6 weeks.

Meal 1: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 2: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon
Meal 3: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 4: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon
Meal 5: 300mg ALA, 300mg r-ALA
Meal 6: 1200mg ceylon cinnamon

Wow that's very insightful. I didn't think Lantus was effective under 30 ius. What are your gains like using this protocol?

Wow that's very insightful. I didn't think Lantus was effective under 30 ius. What are your gains like using this protocol?

Depending on your calorie intake and whether you're above or below maintenance will dictate the "gains". Ive used it off season but I'd say the more dramatic/noticeable effect is during a re-comp or when you're dieting. It really brings out the 3D look- much much rounder and fuller. You don't look/feel stringy like people normally do when leaning out.

I'd say for "gains" use a Humalog pre or post or whatever Log protocol you like. Save the Lantus for a re-comp or cutting phase. I feel that's where it really shines. (at least IMO)

Depending on your calorie intake and whether you're above or below maintenance will dictate the "gains". Ive used it off season but I'd say the more dramatic/noticeable effect is during a re-comp or when you're dieting. It really brings out the 3D look- much much rounder and fuller. You don't look/feel stringy like people normally do when leaning out.

I'd say for "gains" use a Humalog pre or post or whatever Log protocol you like. Save the Lantus for a re-comp or cutting phase. I feel that's where it really shines. (at least IMO)
This is interesting as concreteguy said the same thing about how effective it was to recomp with Lantus. He actually used a keto diet while using lantus and was raving about how effective it was

I remember that log. His diet was super strict but he swore by keto and Lantus. It wasnt a LOW dose either lol

This is interesting as concreteguy said the same thing about how effective it was to recomp with Lantus. He actually used a keto diet while using lantus and was raving about how effective it was

How would the lantus benefit in a fat loss stage over something like Metformin??
Is it just to keep the blood sugar levels very low??

How would the lantus benefit in a fat loss stage over something like Metformin??

Among other things

I'm not sure on the technical piece as to "why' but I've used Metformin during a fat loss stage but have never felt any sort of fullness effect. The Lantus on the other hand is very noticeable in that regard.

Just using some bro science thought, I think Metformin would be better to help stabilize levels during an off season period when calories are higher or being pushed. Even something like 500mg XR at night. That way your dosage will interfere less with mTor and such.

Lantus on the other hand IMO works great while re-comping or leaning out. If you ended up using Lantus in the off season then you'd use it again while cutting and then you're on in 9 months of the year which isn't ideal and will most likely trash your insulin sensitivity.

The thing to remember with Lantus is the higher the dosage (70-100+) the shorter duration you should stay on. It would be interesting to blast it with 100iu/day for 2-3 weeks but I would almost guarantee that all the gains you got would fall right off- Mostly just cell volumization and not enough time for any sort of muscle or new tissue to "hold".

when recomping with lantus, how is gh typically used or dosed?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear