over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INSULIN AND SLEEPINESS??

getbig27

Registered
if i am not taking in alot of carbs with slin would that lead to me feeling very sleeping then having a hard as hell time to wake up?

im not talking about being hypo. im weird so i can use as much as 20iu's in one shot and it would be two hours before i feel just a little shaky. anyway ive been taking in carbs right after my shot and so on but not alot ...not even close. but i've been sleepy as all hell and then i cant wake the hell up. then last night i take in alot of carbs after my shot, go to bed around 1am and by 545 im wide awake feeling well rested!!!!! what gives??

when you consume large amounts of carbs/proteins. you get in a lot of amino acids, especially tryptofane. Tryptofane is transported more slowly into the muscle cells then the other ones, so during time there will be a large amount of tryptofane present. And as you know tryptofane makes you tired/sleepy.

Another explanation can be that it is an onset towarding a hypo. But i would rather go for option 1, it happens to me too.

i only do 10iu 2x a day, 2x a week, i get sleepy about 15 mins after everytime it doesnt seem to lsat longer then an hour but its very hard to fight sleep. I have read some more risky slin users like to slowly absorb carbs and just stay right near hypo whenever u get onset just a few glucose tabs immidietly, i was thinking aobut trying to this, that way you know for sure your now over eating at all, this seems like best way to not be fat but is impractical unless u wanna sit within reachign distance of fast acting suger for hours.. any one try this method, i knwo big kiwi says he sips pop that also seem similir...

Last edited:
Need to know which type of insulin you are taking.

Different ones have different 'kick in' times and some have more than 1.

im using humulin R and im doing it IM as per BIGKIWI and might i say the only thing im seeing with IM injections is full, tight hard veiny muscles 24/7.....no water or fat gain. im doing 10iu's 2x a day everyday ..again as per BIGKIWI.

i hear what you guys are saying but it still doesnt explain why if i dont take in alot of carbs im sleepy and when i do fall asleep i can barely wake up? but then the one night i take in alot of carbs im not really sleepy but i fall asleep like i said around 1am and im bouncing wide awake and refreshed at 545am. so whats that all about?

again these symptoms have just been while im on the slin.

How long between when you take the shot and you go to sleep?

Insulin does cause sleepiness unless you take TONS of carbs or you are less insulin sensetive. With Humilin it may be 2 hours after you take it.

If I had to guess I would say you are not very insulin sensative if you can do 20IUs with a small amount of carbs and not go hypo.

is being less sensitive to insulin all that bad?

my thoughts

:) being less insulin sensitive would be good if it wasonly specific to fat cells, but being that is also a key component in locking amino acids into cells would you not want to be more insulin sensitive. Being sleepy after a nice insulin spike is normal if it is endogenous or exdogenous. Just think about all those time when you gorged yourself at a buffet or out to eat or the holidays, what did you want to do next. Rest, sleep and conserve energy. That is what all cells want to do, effciently use energy and store it. If you fall asleep just make sure your full of calories and glucose (mainly glucose and protein) that way you can eliinate the possibility of going hypo.
G

well i dont know how all that insulin sensitivity works out on paper but i can tell u this...in my body the stuff keeps me full, tight veiny and hard. as long as im gaining size while keeping this tight full look with very little fat gain i dont care. and i agree with BIGKIWI's choice to inject IM with this stuff. my buddies have been on slin as long as i have and they are so bloated and have gained so much fat because they didnt do their homework. they keep asking me why aren't u putting on any fat like we are......cause im shooting IM my boys......the info is out there but they are too lazy to look....oh well!!!

do not take slin lightly, i had my first scare with it today.never will i underestimate the power of it again. DO NOT FUCK WITH IT WITHOUT PROPER KNOWLEDGE

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws