over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Carb Source Question

Bleed

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
For those of you who use slin, i'm looking for some feedback on what your using for your pre, intra, post workout shakes. From my undersatnding, waxy maize is shit. I'm looking at vitargo (apparently the formula has changed and some dont like it) and Glycoject. Karbolyn is also an option.

Any one tried all of these and have a preference? I'm leaning towards vitargo or glycoject.

I know a ton of peeps on here use Karbolyn with their slin.

I always just used apple juice. lol

Karbolin is very good! George Farrah recommends honey, bananas, and juice. You could blend up a shake for your workout to sip on.

when I used it I mixed my BCAA's with a gatorade , shot slin preworkout (Humulin-R) sipped BCAA during , shake after 50g protein 25 dextrose , meal after that 50g protein , 30-50g carbs from sweet potatoes

when I used it I mixed my BCAA's with a gatorade , shot slin preworkout (Humulin-R) sipped BCAA during , shake after 50g protein 25 dextrose , meal after that 50g protein , 30-50g carbs from sweet potatoes

Agreed.

Btw Gunsmith how much time before workout did you shot Humulin-R? And what was your meal before workout (regarding carbs). I'm currently on it.

Agreed.

Btw Gunsmith how much time before workout did you shot Humulin-R? And what was your meal before workout (regarding carbs). I'm currently on it.

I shoot it in my truck before I go into the gym , my meals leading up to it were 60-70g protein , trace carbs and 20ish grams of fat , last meal is about 2 hrs before I workout.

th Humulin starts kicking in about the time I'm done training and at that time the Gatorade carbs are in place and the dextrose from the shake is on it's way , Humulin is active for 5-6 hrs so your needed carbs can be spread out over that time , say 10 iu slin call for 100g carbs , if you get 25-30g in your intra and post shakes you have more than half your needs covered then a meal to finish off the carb needs just about the time it's on the drop.
This lower carb need over the extended time prevents you from having to force feed or over eat and have to much calories their which the slin to send to fat storage

people get into trouble getting fat with slin because they try to adjust the carbs to their dose rather than adjust the dose to meet their diet needs.

think about it like your muscles are a row of 8 ounce glasses , a 5 gallon bucket of water is your carbs and you pouring the bucket in the insulin , if you take your time and slowly fill each cup one at a time you will get nice full cups with little to no spillage
but if you toss the bucket of water at the row of cups your gonna make a mess and the water isont gonna go exactly where you want it.

so if you take 10 iu slin and slam a drink with 100g carbs the slin can't shuttle all those carbs at once so your gonna make a mess and if you don't keep taking slin after that drink the slin is gonna still be active and your not gonna have any carbs to keep from going hypo

people get into trouble getting fat with slin because they try to adjust the carbs to their dose rather than adjust the dose to meet their diet needs.

Not sure how many times Gunsmith and I have to say this..this is by far the most important part of using insulin. I will bump this each and every time I see someone post it because its the difference between getting fat and getting leaner then you were before the slin.

But ...you have to check your diet thats your currently on before adding insulin......are you getting fat from your diet before you started the slin? If so then of course you are going to get even fatter once you add slin. If you are staying at the same body fat or getting leaner on your current diet then don't change a thing.....just add the amount of slin to the number of the carbs/sugar whatever that you are already using. NEVER ADJUST YOUR DIET TO THE INSULIN......ALWAYS ADJUST YOUR INSULIN TO YOUR CURRENT DIET THAT IS WORKING FOR YOU..MEANING YOU ARE STAYING THE SAME % BODY FAT OR GETTING LEANER.

Now go try it and in 3 weeks come back and tell us how much bigger and ripped you got!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I use dextrose. Tried karbolyn and went hypo. Now I do karbolyn pre workout
And slin and dextrose post

Give truenutrition.com Karboload a try. It works great for that purpose and I have used it pre, intra and post work out. It is very similar to Karbolyn and Glycoject, but a bit lighter on the gut in my opinion.

Give truenutrition.com Karboload a try. It works great for that purpose and I have used it pre, intra and post work out. It is very similar to Karbolyn and Glycoject, but a bit lighter on the gut in my opinion.
hows it mix? foamy? any taste? most likely will pick up some tonight:headbang:

i do oats for my carbs. never had a problem. just dont over feed your self. i dont go over 7grams pr carb pr iu. your protein also turns into glucose.
i stay arround 5 grams carb pr iu and never over 5iu pr shot. max 3 shoots a day. 1 shoot in the morning 1 before traning and 1 after traning. never goes hyber

i do serious mass post workout cuz its cheap and works good for me... for around my second spike im all about the sweets.. skittles, swedish fish, starburts... I may even want to see how mike & ikes work LOL definitely get plenty of water too but I noticed after switching and going with food source of simple carbs I can still limit my fluid intake at times and dont get the hassles of always having to pee a bunch more if were to use juice or mtn dew etc LOL

I use my slin preworkout with an intra workout drink and have had great results this year. I work out 1.5hrs or so after my first meal, which is 60g protein/55g carbs/25g fat. My intra drink consists of 10g BCAA, 10g creatine, 10g glutamine, and 25-50g waxy maize depending on what I'm training that day. Humulin-R dose ranges from 6-8iu. This protocol has worked great for me and has not resulted in a lot of bodyfat gain, in fact I'm using it even while I cut right now. And waxy maize works great for me. I see no reason to stop using it.

I have a question for you guys who have been using slin, and it could be an ignorant one so please excuse if it is.....say for someone like me i eat my last meal around 40 mins before i train.

Say i shoot up my insulin then, i cant have a intra-workout shake, because anytime i've tried one i throw up....so i just keep it with water. Saying that the meal about 40 minutes before i train normally consists off-season of anywere between 60-100g carbs i have a pre-workout supplement 20 mins before training, and usually a solid meal 45 mins after workout of about 60-80g carbs with 50g protein

Would insulin be able to mix in with that fine? or do you think it could be a little dodgy

Say i shoot up my insulin then, i cant have a intra-workout shake, because anytime i've tried one i throw up....so i just keep it with water. Saying that the meal about 40 minutes before i train normally consists off-season of anywere between 60-100g carbs i have a pre-workout supplement 20 mins before training, and usually a solid meal 45 mins after workout of about 60-80g carbs with 50g protein

Would insulin be able to mix in with that fine? or do you think it could be a little dodgy

if you train realy late and only have time for one meal after training i would use a faster acting insulin Humalog as its out of your system in a couple hrs. Eat your normal meal pre-training doesnt need to be a ton of carbs , 50 would be fine , the intra "shake" is clear liquids not a heavy shake , just BCAA's glutamine and creatine with some sugar , the intra shake is an importaint part of the puzzle. Post workout have your meal , again 50g carbs would be plenty.
so with your pre training meal intra drink and post training meal you have about 125g carbs which is plenty enough to cover 10iu slin that you shoot preworkout.

ALL that said , i would personaly eat your preworkout meal alot earlier , no sooner than 1.5 hrs pre training , i think this will help ALOT with you getting sick from drinking somthing during your training as you body is still trying to digest that meal when you start taking blood away from the stomach and intestins to fill the muscles which can make you sick.
So eat an earlier meal , shoot your slin before you walk into the gym (humolog) , start sipping your intra BCAA drink , imidiatly post workout drink a shake with 50g protein , 50g carbs followed by a meal 45 min later with say 50g protein and 30-50g carbs , by this time you have had all the carbs you need to cover your slin and the slin is no longer active

if you train realy late and only have time for one meal after training i would use a faster acting insulin Humalog as its out of your system in a couple hrs. Eat your normal meal pre-training doesnt need to be a ton of carbs , 50 would be fine , the intra "shake" is clear liquids not a heavy shake , just BCAA's glutamine and creatine with some sugar , the intra shake is an importaint part of the puzzle. Post workout have your meal , again 50g carbs would be plenty.
so with your pre training meal intra drink and post training meal you have about 125g carbs which is plenty enough to cover 10iu slin that you shoot preworkout.

ALL that said , i would personaly eat your preworkout meal alot earlier , no sooner than 1.5 hrs pre training , i think this will help ALOT with you getting sick from drinking somthing during your training as you body is still trying to digest that meal when you start taking blood away from the stomach and intestins to fill the muscles which can make you sick.
So eat an earlier meal , shoot your slin before you walk into the gym (humolog) , start sipping your intra BCAA drink , imidiatly post workout drink a shake with 50g protein , 50g carbs followed by a meal 45 min later with say 50g protein and 30-50g carbs , by this time you have had all the carbs you need to cover your slin and the slin is no longer active

Makes sense for sure bro. I've always done it 40 minutes before i train, i will give this a go off-season and see how it works out for me. Thanks for the input :)

I use vitargo..found a 10lb bucket of it on ebay cheap!

If I take say 12iu Humalog pre-wo I will slam 100g carbs from maltodextrin 5 mins after the shot. Then 10 mins after that I sip on 100g carbs from Dextrose while I train. After training I drink a shake of 1 cup oats and 2 scoops whey Isolate. Pretty much liks mutants protocol.

Thats a lot of carbs

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear