over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Carb Source Question

If I take say 12iu Humalog pre-wo I will slam 100g carbs from maltodextrin 5 mins after the shot. Then 10 mins after that I sip on 100g carbs from Dextrose while I train. After training I drink a shake of 1 cup oats and 2 scoops whey Isolate. Pretty much liks mutants protocol.

are you staying lean with that protocol ??
seems like about 200% more carbs than needed , you could probably easily get away with just sipping the dextrose during and 1 cup of oats with the shake.

I dont think their is anyway that much insulin could partition that much carbs , I'm thinking you are gonna end up with alot of free glucose floating around unable to be used that's gonna get sent to fat stores

Give truenutrition.com Karboload a try. It works great for that purpose and I have used it pre, intra and post work out. It is very similar to Karbolyn and Glycoject, but a bit lighter on the gut in my opinion.

I meant to say Karboload, not Karbolyn. The names are so similiar. BIGMIKE295 gave me Karboload to try and it worked very well. It was watermelon flavor and tasted great. It mixes up very easily.

I shoot it in my truck before I go into the gym , my meals leading up to it were 60-70g protein , trace carbs and 20ish grams of fat , last meal is about 2 hrs before I workout.

th Humulin starts kicking in about the time I'm done training and at that time the Gatorade carbs are in place and the dextrose from the shake is on it's way , Humulin is active for 5-6 hrs so your needed carbs can be spread out over that time , say 10 iu slin call for 100g carbs , if you get 25-30g in your intra and post shakes you have more than half your needs covered then a meal to finish off the carb needs just about the time it's on the drop.
This lower carb need over the extended time prevents you from having to force feed or over eat and have to much calories their which the slin to send to fat storage

so gunsmith your not taking in any carbs pre workout then even earlier in the day?

I found if running a carb backloading and trying pre workout slin i seemed to need alot more carbs pwo than if i had some carbs circulating from a meal pre training

Speaking of workout shakes , does anyone still use glycerol in there's?

so gunsmith your not taking in any carbs pre workout then even earlier in the day?

I found if running a carb backloading and trying pre workout slin i seemed to need alot more carbs pwo than if i had some carbs circulating from a meal pre training

nope the only meals I eat with carbs are the ones when the skin is in my system and active. I have tried going lower with my carbs slowly and found that in general I can get away with 7-8g cRbs per iu slin except on leg day I started feeling a little shaky

Speaking of workout shakes , does anyone still use glycerol in there's?

I use LBA's in all my shakes and they have glycerin in them

hows it mix? foamy? any taste? most likely will pick up some tonight:headbang:

Mixes very easy actually. Not really foamy at all and taste great. When drinking it during training, it does help to shake it up from time to time so
it doesn't settle in your jug. To me waxy maize was very chalky and Karbolyn was too heavy on my gut to drink during training. Karboload is a happy medium between the two that works great.

I meant to say Karboload, not Karbolyn. The names are so similiar. BIGMIKE295 gave me Karboload to try and it worked very well. It was watermelon flavor and tasted great. It mixes up very easily.

Glad you liked it John. Wish I would have had a grape with me to give you as I prefer the grape over the watermelon.

I do know that everyone that has been turned onto Karboload has liked it and been happy with it's results and price.

I have a question for you guys who have been using slin, and it could be an ignorant one so please excuse if it is.....say for someone like me i eat my last meal around 40 mins before i train.

Say i shoot up my insulin then, i cant have a intra-workout shake, because anytime i've tried one i throw up....so i just keep it with water. Saying that the meal about 40 minutes before i train normally consists off-season of anywere between 60-100g carbs i have a pre-workout supplement 20 mins before training, and usually a solid meal 45 mins after workout of about 60-80g carbs with 50g protein

Would insulin be able to mix in with that fine? or do you think it could be a little dodgy

Ill tell you how I use it. I train after my first meal of the day and Id take my Insulin before eating that meal, I worked uo to 15iu Novolin which is similar to HumR. Breakfast was 6 whole eggs cooked in coconut oil with 4 slices Ezekiel toast and two of thsoe pieces with pb and jam. Id train an hour to hour and half after that and sip on 2 scoops of BCAA Plus from Truenutrition intra workout and have a pre workout drink as well no carbs in that. Id train for about 2hrs then drink a straight protein shake then get home and eat a meal of protein and carbs. I never had any issues doing this even going up to 15iu, worked for me. I was pretty swole and leaned out the same time. I plan to do this again next run of Slin but Prolly use the Karboload from TP with the bcaa plus intra and some carboload post w/o....the stuff tastes great and mixes perfectly.

Last edited:
Karbolin is very good! George Farrah recommends honey, bananas, and juice. You could blend up a shake for your workout to sip on.

I have never tried karbolin but I have been reading about people raving about it left and right forever now. I have the shirt(some how) but not the supplement(idk wtf happened there).

Is it really that good?

George Farrah...I remember talking to him and he KNOWS his shit! Super nice guy and very expensive but hell if he recommends those then they most do some wonders.

Here is what I am planning my next slin run my pre work out meal about 40 minutes before i train. Protien 52grams, carbs 30grams, fat 13.
Shoot 13ius slin as I walk in the gym
intra workout shake 50grams protien, 70grams carb, with BCAA
Post work out meal protien 50grams, 43grams carbs

any thoughts I will be using humlog, so it is in and out after 2 hours.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws