over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Diet Q

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
I'm making my first version precontest diet here, and I have a question re insulin.

So we train 3 on 1 off. I'm gonna formulate a carb cycle with that in mind. So days 1 and 2 will be medium carb days, day 3 will be a high day, and day 4 will be low.

The question is, if I have to pull my insulin on the medium day from EITHER pre OR post workout which one should I pull it from? I don't think I can really leave it in both, I can't afford the hundred grams of carbs twice. On the high day I'll leave it in both for the time being.

Alternatively I might be able to start taking the carbs down some with the insulin in but I don't have a good handle how far I can push that.

Note: Insulin is 10iu's of Fiasp pre and post right now.

If I had to pick one I would always go with using insulin preworkout. Make sure you load up on nutrients during training. Although I don't see why you couldn't do 6iu pre and post and have an intra shake and your standard post workout meal with that protocol.

don't let the insulin tell you where to pull carbs. Allocate the carbs where you want them and then use the RIGHT AMOUNT of insulin to help assimilate them along with the aminos you're consuming from powder/food/freeform.

Sounds like you just want to use 10iu insulin...doesn't make much sense to me.

don't let the insulin tell you where to pull carbs. Allocate the carbs where you want them and then use the RIGHT AMOUNT of insulin to help assimilate them along with the aminos you're consuming from powder/food/freeform.

??? I don't need any intraworkout carbs without insulin....does anyone?

This is a fantastic point. Don’t mean to hijack this thread but this is exactly what I just started doing. Because I’m in a “bulk” right now on Test, Deca and EQ I am obviously consuming an enormous amount of carbs to put on size. So I was able to slide in 20iu Nov R into my pre workout routine without changing a thing because my carb intake and timing already supported that insulin dose. Needless to say it’s been amazing.

I'm making my first version precontest diet here, and I have a question re insulin.

So we train 3 on 1 off. I'm gonna formulate a carb cycle with that in mind. So days 1 and 2 will be medium carb days, day 3 will be a high day, and day 4 will be low.

The question is, if I have to pull my insulin on the medium day from EITHER pre OR post workout which one should I pull it from? I don't think I can really leave it in both, I can't afford the hundred grams of carbs twice. On the high day I'll leave it in both for the time being.

Alternatively I might be able to start taking the carbs down some with the insulin in but I don't have a good handle how far I can push that.

Personally i would pull the pre, so you’d have the benefit of fat loss during the workout

Personally i would pull the pre, so you’d have the benefit of fat loss during the workout
This is what I was looking for logic one way or the other.

Although thinking about it now I can see I can obviously lower either dose SOME and not completely eliminate it. For this first week or two I'm just going to leave as is and see what the scale does and we'll go from there afterward. Cals seem very high but changing the couple things I did still drop them like 500 off what I was routinely eating for the "bulk".

If your are using Humulin-R you can get away with only having the carb during the training and after in the active window. The onset isn't so fast that you need a big glucose store to prevent hypoglycemia. You can shoot your dose and start sipping the Intra workout shake on the way to the gym , if you shoot it IM the onset is a bit faster and the active life is faster so it will clear sooner.

If you are using Humalog then I'd start sipping the Intra workout shake/carb on the way to the gym then shoot the insulin right before walking in to train.

This is a fantastic point. Don’t mean to hijack this thread but this is exactly what I just started doing. Because I’m in a “bulk” right now on Test, Deca and EQ I am obviously consuming an enormous amount of carbs to put on size. So I was able to slide in 20iu Nov R into my pre workout routine without changing a thing because my carb intake and timing already supported that insulin dose. Needless to say it’s been amazing.
I do the same while bulking a notice that I actually lean out this way while putting on size. I like 5iu post meal with 2 of my largest carb meals during the day too

Why are you using insulin both pre and post?

Says in post, Fiasp
NICE , I think the fast acting can be used both pre and post workout for maximum anabolic effects with minimal impact on fat loss.
Milos describes his plan as having a fat loss phase from waking till training , training is an anabolic phase , then back to fat loss.
Basically high protein trace fat/carbs up till training then calories are just from carbs to fuel the training and EAA , whey protein and carbs directly after the training.
when insulin is done back to high protein trace fats and carbs from lean meat/veggies.
I friend of mine use him a couple years ago and he had 200g carbs during and after training all the way up till the week before the show where the went zero carbs to deplete before hard carb up.
I think if you are getting lean fast then you can add in a post workout dose of insulin to help extend the anabolic phase. My buddy was mid 40's endomorph body type so he only took his insulin pre-workout. He was taking 150g carbs during training and 50g carbs in the shake after , we was walking out of the gym drinking his list shake about an HR and a half after his shot.
One thing that I think is important to note was that they slow increase the insulin dose every other day till he was right on the brink of being hypo , when he'd feel a little hypo coming off he's eat a tube of glucose gel to put it off , basically you want a bunch of carbs and as much insulin as possible.

NICE , I think the fast acting can be used both pre and post workout for maximum anabolic effects with minimal impact on fat loss.
Milos describes his plan as having a fat loss phase from waking till training , training is an anabolic phase , then back to fat loss.
Basically high protein trace fat/carbs up till training then calories are just from carbs to fuel the training and EAA , whey protein and carbs directly after the training.
when insulin is done back to high protein trace fats and carbs from lean meat/veggies.
I friend of mine use him a couple years ago and he had 200g carbs during and after training all the way up till the week before the show where the went zero carbs to deplete before hard carb up.
I think if you are getting lean fast then you can add in a post workout dose of insulin to help extend the anabolic phase. My buddy was mid 40's endomorph body type so he only took his insulin pre-workout. He was taking 150g carbs during training and 50g carbs in the shake after , we was walking out of the gym drinking his list shake about an HR and a half after his shot.
One thing that I think is important to note was that they slow increase the insulin dose every other day till he was right on the brink of being hypo , when he'd feel a little hypo coming off he's eat a tube of glucose gel to put it off , basically you want a bunch of carbs and as much insulin as possible.
I'm endomorph asf so I'll prolly have to drop one or the other, I guess from what you're saying I should drop the pwo one when the time comes. Was he pushing more than 10 iu's pre workout? (asking bc 150g carbs).

I'm endomorph asf so I'll prolly have to drop one or the other, I guess from what you're saying I should drop the pwo one when the time comes. Was he pushing more than 10 iu's pre workout? (asking bc 150g carbs).
Yeah , I think he had gotten up to 20iu pre-workout , I know it was significantly less than 10g carb per IU of insulin. I have gotten away with 7g carb per IU when using Novolin-R , I don't think I could push that with Novolog
I have his exact protocol in an email somewhere , I'll look it up.

Yeah , I think he had gotten up to 20iu pre-workout , I know it was significantly less than 10g carb per IU of insulin. I have gotten away with 7g carb per IU when using Novolin-R , I don't think I could push that with Novolog
I have his exact protocol in an email somewhere , I'll look it up.
20g EAA, 10g creating , 15g glutamine , 10g Citrulline malate , 5g acetyl-L-carnitine , 2g L-leucine , 50g carbs from Gatorade , 100g dextrose.
start sipping on the way to the gym
at the gym inject 20iu Humalog and start training
1.5hr after shot start drinking post shake
50g whey Isolate , 10g EAA , 2g L-leucine , 50g dextrose

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner