over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

insulin experts and insulin and fats?

N

newbadgenes

Was thinking , its always know to stay away from fats during insulin use to keep the fat from not piling on.

I use humalog during my PCT time, I love it and have no problems with hypo ever. I get ready for the gym, have a 50gram shake with some almonds for fat energy. Works very well for me. When i get to the gym i hit about 5iu's of log and then 10mins later my BCAA's.

After training i usally hit another 50gram whey shake and some almonds and make some veg for some low carbs. All works very well for me.

The question i have is, do the fats in the nuts have any effect on the humalog and storing fat? I know you will store fat if eating a high fat meal but what about almonds that are not high in sat? Just looking to fine tune for more edge of leaness

Insulin will quickly use any fat in ur blood and deposit it somewhere on ur body. I love insulin too, I even use it when loosing fat. I have zero fats in me as long as the insulin is active in my body.

Insulin will quickly use any fat in ur blood and deposit it somewhere on ur body. I love insulin too, I even use it when loosing fat. I have zero fats in me as long as the insulin is active in my body.

This is good advice. Good thing is though humalog peaks in about 90 minutes and is clear in about 3 hours and almonds take quite s long time to digest. If your getting better energy for your workouts from the almonds it will more than compensate anyway

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the info, Im gonna drop the almonds for now until i finish the couple weeks of using slin. I dont stay on it all the time. Just really during PCT time. Then ill throw the nuts back in. i need to back off anyway, those little buggers are hard to put down and ill eat a whole jar in a day if i let myself do it.

here some info a friend sent me:

No and yes! No to any negative insulin effect and yes to fat storage.....it replaces bad fat in the system and improves cholesterol levels.

Substituting dietary saturated for monounsaturated fat impairs insulin sensitivity in healthy men and women: The KANWU Study.

Vessby B, Uusitupa M, Hermansen K, Riccardi G, Rivellese AA, Tapsell LC, Nälsén C, Berglund L, Louheranta A, Rasmussen BM, Calvert GD, Maffetone A, Pedersen E, Gustafsson IB, Storlien LH; KANWU Study.

Source

Unit for Clinical Nutrition Research, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences/Geriatrics, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden.

Abstract

AIMS/HYPOTHESIS:

The amount and quality of fat in the diet could be of importance for development of insulin resistance and related metabolic disorders. Our aim was to determine whether a change in dietary fat quality alone could alter insulin action in humans.

METHODS:

The KANWU study included 162 healthy subjects chosen at random to receive a controlled, isoenergetic diet for 3 months containing either a high proportion of saturated (SAFA diet) or monounsaturated (MUFA diet) fatty acids. Within each group there was a second assignment at random to supplements with fish oil (3.6 g n-3 fatty acids/d) or placebo.

RESULTS:

Insulin sensitivity was significantly impaired on the saturated fatty acid diet (-10%, p = 0.03) but did not change on the monounsaturated fatty acid diet (+2%, NS) (p = 0.05 for difference between diets). Insulin secretion was not affected. The addition of n-3 fatty acids influenced neither insulin sensitivity nor insulin secretion. The favourable effects of substituting a monounsaturated fatty acid diet for a saturated fatty acid diet on insulin sensitivity were only seen at a total fat intake below median (37E%). Here, insulin sensitivity was 12.5% lower and 8.8% higher on the saturated fatty acid diet and monounsaturated fatty acid diet respectively (p = 0.03). Low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) increased on the saturated fatty acid diet (+4.1%, p < 0.01) but decreased on the monounsaturated fatty acid diet (MUFA) (-5.2, p < 0.001), whereas lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] increased on a monounsaturated fatty acid diet by 12% (p < 0.001).

CONCLUSIONS/INTERPRETATION:

A change of the proportions of dietary fatty acids, decreasing saturated fatty acid and increasing monounsaturated fatty acid, improves insulin sensitivity but has no effect on insulin secretion. A beneficial impact of the fat quality on insulin sensitivity is not seen in individuals with a high fat intake (> 37E%).

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member