advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin & GH at the Same time - Good or Bad..?

Wayacrucis

Registered
So..thus far I've always split my GH into 2 shots, 3IU first thing in the morning and 3IU before bed. As for insulin, I take 15IU of Humalog pre-work out only, which is usually around 7-8 pm.

After doing some research, I found out that it's suggested to not eat any carbs and fats 1 hour before and after the GH Injection. (I am not sure if it's carbs and fats as well or only carbs which should be avoided, someone please chime in on this, as I couldn't find a solid answer).I am usually out of the house in a rush due to work, etc, therefore I've always pinned my GH and consumed a large breakfast around 1000 calories with a lot of protein, fats and carbs. (I am also bulking at this time, so not worried about fat loss through hgh). Now, I know that this is definitely not good, because it can lead to insulin resistance, which is what I'd like to avoid.

So, my question is would it be a bad idea to take 15IU humalog first thing in the morning long with my GH and eat my breakfast right after? Wouldn't this essentially stop the body from having high blood sugar?

Either way, from all the research that I've done, I've read mixed things. Some people state that GH and Slin same time is a good idea, while others have said spread them apart from each other.

If I were to take 2 Humalog shots per day (Pre-work out and First thing in the AM) and 2 GH shots per day, at which times would you say the GH shots would be the most beneficial on a bulking cycle, while also considering one's health. (Avoid Insulin resistance).

Last edited:
When I combined the two, I would take my gh and then 30 mins later take my insulin. Both at breakfast time and pre-workout, it worked great for me.

You can take them at the same time. Insulin does not effect exogenous GH. Only the GH your body produces naturally. First thing in the am and preworkout would be perfect. Insulin shuttles nutrients so I would try to keep the fat on the low end around the time your slin is active. But if your not worried about losing bodyfat right now, its not an absolute necessity.

Last edited:
You can take them at the same time. Insulin does not effect exogenous GH. Only the GH your body produces naturally. First thing in the am and preworkout would be perfect. Insulin shuttles nutrients so I would try to keep the fat on the low end around the time your slin is active. But if your not worried about losing bodyfat right now, its not an absolute necessity.

So you think it would be a good idea to follow this protocol:

First thing in the A.M - 15IU Humalog, 3IU GH - Eat right after

Pre-work out - 15IU Humalog

Before bed - 3IU GH

Also does taking my Slin at the same time as GH first in thing in the AM and consuming a lot of carbs counter insulin resistance? Or is this not true

Another question, during a cutting cycle I know it's optimal to pin GH and not eat carbs for the next hour. I know this rule doesn't apply to protein, but does it apply to fats? should fats be avoided as well for an hour on a cut?

Some evidence against the use of Slin and GH at the same time.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind that might affect timing. One is that GH clearance rate correlates with plasma insulin levels (1); the more insulin in the circulation, the faster the GH is eliminated.

Another is that the majority of studies show that insulin works its magic by hindering muscle breakdown (proteolysis). This effect is blunted by GH (2).

So based on these studies, one would want to space their GH and insulin injections as far apart as possible.

(1) J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002 May;87(5):2185-93

Body composition and circulating levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 and growth hormone (GH)-binding protein affect the pharmacokinetics of GH in adults independently of age.

Hansen TK, Jorgensen JO, Christiansen JS.

(2) Diabetes 1992 Apr;41(4):424-9

Growth hormone stimulates skeletal muscle protein synthesis and antagonizes insulin's antiproteolytic action in humans.

Fryburg DA, Louard RJ, Gerow KE, Gelfand RA, Barrett EJ.

Short answer.... Hell yeah

Some evidence against the use of Slin and GH at the same time.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind that might affect timing. One is that GH clearance rate correlates with plasma insulin levels (1); the more insulin in the circulation, the faster the GH is eliminated.

Another is that the majority of studies show that insulin works its magic by hindering muscle breakdown (proteolysis). This effect is blunted by GH (2).

So based on these studies, one would want to space their GH and insulin injections as far apart as possible.

(1) J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002 May;87(5):2185-93

Body composition and circulating levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 and growth hormone (GH)-binding protein affect the pharmacokinetics of GH in adults independently of age.

Hansen TK, Jorgensen JO, Christiansen JS.

(2) Diabetes 1992 Apr;41(4):424-9

Growth hormone stimulates skeletal muscle protein synthesis and antagonizes insulin's antiproteolytic action in humans.

Fryburg DA, Louard RJ, Gerow KE, Gelfand RA, Barrett EJ.

This information is in regards to gh produced naturally in the body. Throw that all out the window with exogenous GH

With gh yes even with peptides yes. The effect it would have on the release would be small compared to beneifit

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws