over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

insulin help (never used long acting)

nfernoo

Banned
I'm used to using humlaog three times a day when I cycle it.
15iu ex a day. one being post cycle, one in morning, and one afternoon (can't do pre work out log cause it makes me sick)

How would you suggest running a longer version.
Same dosage?
Oh and my fats will be us used much later on at night

I have only used Humilin R, which i dont consider long acting obvioulsy. But i would like some info on longer acting slin, so hoping some bro's chime in.

I have only used Humilin R, which i dont consider long acting obvioulsy. But i would like some info on longer acting slin, so hoping some bro's chime in.

That's long enough acting.

But was told do same dosage all at once. With the long.

I always liked 40iu humulin n before breakfast daily. Keeps you feeling pumped and tight all day. Then use humulin r or log for spikes for growth.

I always liked 40iu humulin n before breakfast daily. Keeps you feeling pumped and tight all day. Then use humulin r or log for spikes for growth.

Spikes for growth?

Can you describe a protocol or yours with this.

More info please! I know humulin r peaks at two separate times, but I'd consider it more long than fast acting

Levemir is by far the best and steady and longest. Insulin. Has a pretty high price tag as well

Alot of guys say R is more anabolic than log. I was doing R an hour pre-workout with carbs then an intra shake. My gains were a bit better than when I used log with the same protocol.

I have a bunch of lantus but have yet to try it. It supposedly interacts with IGF so in theory should be more anabolic than the other insulins. Im waiting untill im very lean before giving it a try.

Alot of guys say R is more anabolic than log. I was doing R an hour pre-workout with carbs then an intra shake. My gains were a bit better than when I used log with the same protocol.

I have a bunch of lantus but have yet to try it. It supposedly interacts with IGF so in theory should be more anabolic than the other insulins. Im waiting untill im very lean before giving it a try.

So u did the same dosage of r as humalog?
What was your protocol (you can pm me of you like)

as I've mentioned above I was doing log 2x morning/afternoon.
and again post work out.
Log is getting harder to come by

I would do the same dosage of humilin r as you do with log. I base everything I do off the Mike Arnold Protocol, and the most recent one uses r instead of log, but it still suggests the same amount.

I would think r is more anabolic just because you have more time under the curve to get nutrients in. If you check out his protocol and drink the shakes around those times you are good to go. Or you could make one big shake and drink it at the times he suggests, and once you are comfortable with how the slin effects you, then you can just sip it throughout.

Yeah I'm curious as well I've never used lantus and I have a couple of lantus pens I want to try, what is a good dosage protocol for a first time lantus user? All the threads I dig up are more experienced insulin users.

So u did the same dosage of r as humalog?
What was your protocol (you can pm me of you like)

as I've mentioned above I was doing log 2x morning/afternoon.
and again post work out.
Log is getting harder to come by

One hour before workout 16-20 iu slin with cream of rice and tbp pb
Intra shake during workout of pepto pro and karboload
Post workout meal one hour after training of protien and carbs

Noticed bad gut distension on my last run using log. Even with a full six pack my stomach would stick out real bad, had to try and keep it sucked in all the time.

Yeah I'm curious as well I've never used lantus and I have a couple of lantus pens I want to try, what is a good dosage protocol for a first time lantus user? All the threads I dig up are more experienced insulin users.

I read 50 is a good starting point once a day with breakfast. If I remember correctly I think the diabetic I got them from said she was doing 30 every morning.

I read 50 is a good starting point once a day with breakfast. If I remember correctly I think the diabetic I got them from said she was doing 30 every morning.

Thats what I was thinking my wife had gestational diabtes and her doctor had her do 20iu morning and 30 at night thanks for the infor brotha I think id be more comfortable starting at 30.

I would do the same dosage of humilin r as you do with log. I base everything I do off the Mike Arnold Protocol, and the most recent one uses r instead of log, but it still suggests the same amount.

I would think r is more anabolic just because you have more time under the curve to get nutrients in. If you check out his protocol and drink the shakes around those times you are good to go. Or you could make one big shake and drink it at the times he suggests, and once you are comfortable with how the slin effects you, then you can just sip it throughout.

But u get better gains if u use log any times per day.

Another thought.

I've noticed when I use log intramuscular it's finished in two hours. How would r last if intramuscular?

But u get better gains if u use log any times per day.

Yeah but you asked about longer acting slin and I only have experience with r so thats all I could comment on. You can take r more than once a day also? Or you could do log during the day and r before training.

I had heard that the reason Mike Arnold switched the protocol to r was because you could get more nutrients in under the curve and its a little more predictable.

Another thought.

I've noticed when I use log intramuscular it's finished in two hours. How would r last if intramuscular?

I would assume if log clears faster IM that r would also, but i have no idea. I have never done slin IM. Maybe r would clear in 4 hours IM? I dont know?

I do humalog intramuscular and I think it kicks in faster and tapers off faster. Since I've been doing log IM I notice I don't ever get any sort of hypo feeling post workout anymore like I did with subq. So it seems it does kick in and taper off faster than subQ. Like 2 hours or so and I don't feel it anymore.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

So to equate this to humilin r maybe IM shortens the duration by an hour or so?
Not sure how to quantify it

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear