over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Help?

Ehren

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey Guys,

What's the best thing to curb a big insulin spike after a moderate carb, fiber and Protein meal? Ive got things to do and cant be a zombie EVERY DAY after lunch! This shit is killin' me.

Ive done the research and got EFA's, Chromium, and Fiber but they are of little help here. Appetite is not the problem, I dont like eating. I eat only enough carbs to keep my muscles full, and it doesnt take much. Seems Im REALLY sensitive, since the end of my last cycle of Mast/Test. Even more than before. Thyroid problem maybe? My last labs a few months back were fine.

I never eat crap, fast food, fast carbs etcetera. Staying away from bad food is easy. I eat complex carbs, just with lunch or PWO then Protein, Fats and Veggies the rest of the day, trying to keep fat low during PCTand my weight/strength is holding fine.

Thanks for any help.

it may not be the carbs doing uit , simply eating a big meal can make you sluggish , the body is having to break it down and digest it

what are you considering "not much" to keep your muscles full? what are you eating for your carb and fiber source?

Hey Gunsmith, thanks for answering. Im eating about 100 grams of carbs split into two servings Pre and Post workout or early in the day on non training days. Or Ill 150 grams a day on heavy training/cardio days if Im feeling really depleted. When Im dieting its nearly zero carbs or no more than 50 grams a day.

The rest is protein and EFA's, fats from the beef and chicken etcetera, veggies etc.

Usually it's oatmeal or rice for carbs, or I'll have some fruit, rarely some pasta which is like magic for filling me out. But this is rare and I expect the insulin coma that comes with it. In any case, I keep it around 100 to sometimes 150 grams a day in an effort to keep my carb-sensitive ass lean :D

Actually if you injest fiber such as Psyllium Husk about 10 minutes before you eat, it has been shown through a BGM to regulate the spike in insulin.

I used to be very very afraid of carbs ... until i switched to fruit and green veg as my carb sources...

I used to be very very afraid of carbs ... until i switched to fruit and green veg as my carb sources...

you dont eat brown rice and potatoes? yams?

double post...

Good points guys, Ill try some Psyllium. I added some chromium and yohimbine, and it's much better so far.

Off topic: First time with Yohimbine and I dunno...probably gonna toss it. I haven't been that angry on anything ever, not even the worst gear Ive taken. Im one of those guys who's almost never pissed. Two days and both days I was furious an hour after taking it. LOL. Screw that stuff!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws